Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Benni McCarthy

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RedMist[/cite][url]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1VnWQLgzUaM/S--9rNDorzI/AAAAAAAACX4/cJBY8GkyknA/s1600/0001burger.jpg[/url][/quote]

Crickey i wish they'd sell burgers like that one at the ground!
  • Options
    Least we don't have make huge alterations to the no.9 training kit! That should save a few bob!!
  • Options
    'Get your tits out for the lads' Too far?
  • Options
    He's big, he's round, he weighs 300 pounds, Bennie M, Bennie M.
  • Options
    Daily Mail now has the story

West Ham outcast Benni McCarthy is in talks over a loan deal to League One promotion challengers Charlton Athletic.

The South Africa striker has not scored for West Ham since his £2.5million move from Blackburn in January 2010.

The former Rovers forward has struggled with his weight since arriving from Ewood Park and has been slapped with hefty fines by the east London club for failing to meet targets over his fitness.

And McCarthy - who had a brief trial with Queens Park Rangers and then turned down Sheffield Wednesday - is in line for a move to the Valley after he was offered, by intermediaries, to Charlton manager Chris Powell.

And Sportsmail understands that if the 33-year-old can prove his fitness, the south London club would be interested in taking him on loan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361608/Benni-McCarthy-set-Charlton-loan-deal.html#ixzz1FIUahvSs
  • Options
    Sounds like another J.F.H.a big no thank you very much.
  • Options
    Not sure he is really what we need. Think we are more likely to go for a target man like Howard.

Not going to write the guy off as he clearly has quality and could get goals.
  • Options
    I can't believe people are moaning about this... Benni McCarthy, in league one?!!! I'd shit the bed with excitment.
  • Options
    The name IS enough, Benni McCarthy in league 1 playing for Charlton! Promotion is a dead cert
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well maybe not promotion, certainly a bit more entertainment though. DEFINITELY better that Abott too.
  • Options
    The amount of abuse he would get would surely destroy what little confidence he has left
  • Options
    A fit Benni yes please, a fat Benni no thanks.
  • Options
    If he is now in the JFH mode then NO THANKS.

Dominant aeriel bloke is needed and preferably mobile.
  • Options
    FFS we are 7th in league 1. Charlton aren't premiership any more.

Benni Will be a great bit of business. Go and get him CP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stewart[/cite]FFS we are 7th in league 1. Charlton aren't premiership any more.

Benni Will be a great bit of business. Go and get him CP

If he is fit enough to move around the pitch you would be right but is he??
  • Options
    This is something to be excited about. A bit of character, a bit of glamour. It'll be up to Powell to get his attitude right. But if he decides to come then that tells you something about the guys attitude, could just sit at West Ham and do nothing for 5 months.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite]This is something to be excited about. A bit of character, a bit of glamour. It'll be up to Powell to get his attitude right. But if he decides to come then that tells you something about the guys attitude, could just sit at West Ham and do nothing for 5 months.

JFH came but he still did nothing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkok Dave[/cite]This is something to be excited about. A bit of character, a bit of glamour. It'll be up to Powell to get his attitude right. But if he decides to come then that tells you something about the guys attitude, could just sit at West Ham and do nothing for 5 months.

I think you'll find that is his much preferred option.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't want him. Too similar to BWP, IMHO.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If he is fit enough to move around the pitch you would be right but is he??[/quote]

Would CP get someone in who he knows isn't match fit?
    I don't think he would.
  • Options
    I dont think we can slate the guy until we see him play for us....to be honest I do have reservations, but the guy can clearly score goals both with his feet and with his head so should be a useful addition to our squad (as long as we can get a creative midfielder to supply him with chances)
  • Options
    So what sort of striker is he?

JFH was surely all about his pace and power, by the time we signed him he lost that.

I get the impression from a few comments McCarthy is more skilful, could give us something different.

Still think we need the option of a proper targetman. Would he turn up thinking he'd be too good for this league and not do a lot, or would his quality really show and add a lot to the team?
  • Options
    For me it is all about his attitude and fitness. If both are right he would be a good addition to the squad. But i still think our priority should be a mobile Centre half and a creative midfielder.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]Don't want him. Too similar to BWP, IMHO.

BWP is 5'8"
    Benni is 6'1"

BWP is a skinny nippy speed merchant
    Benni is a target man with the pace, physique and turning circle of a small planet

BWP is a poacher
    Benni has got some proper skills

We'd never be able to tell them apart would we!
  • Options
    He could quite literally eat BWP for breakfast, in a sesame seed cob.
    But not in his current shape, too many calories!
  • Options
    Benni would be a good signing for us in my opinion.

It shows Powell is looking where Parky didn't for loan signings - the Premier league.
    Ok, ok i know west ham are sh** and are more of a yo-yo club not a REAL Premierleague side but still , the calibre of the player is what we need to gain promotion.
    If CP was to create a strike partnership of the leagues top scorer and a Prem player then i would be happy.
    That shows ambition.
  • Options
    bring him in........ what have we got to lose... nothing I say....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]

It shows Powell is looking where Parky didn't for loan signings - the Premier league.

Fry