Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sack Powell before it is TOO LATE (old thread)

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
His was a silly appointment and the owner should swallow his pride, admit his mistake, cut his losses and pay Chris Powell off now, appoint (say) a Magilton or a Johnson to get us through the remainder of this shipwreck of a season and then have a total re-think of all playing and management staff and strategy for next season. If Powell stays second (i.e. fourth) division football is a distict possibility. He is incapable of picking a winning team or even a team with any tactical nous or fighting spirit.Powell is simply clueless and it can't go on.

Comments

• Options
    Oh great, another one of these posts. Boring!
  • Options
    I think we should give him the summer to try and sort out his own team, and give him ....lets say a month and a half at the start of next season to see how it goes, if its still this shambles we are seeing right now then get an experienced manager (have one lined up before hand)
  • Options
    Friggin hell, we are in dire straits. I was so excited when CP was appointed, I was wrong, so wrong, he does appear to be well out of his depth and I really hate to say that.

Tuesday will be painful and in a couple of games time we could be in real trouble, what to do??
  • Options
    Leave it out ffs

Hes only been in charge a few weeks. This time next season we will be able to see if Powell has the minerals
  • Options
    tedious thread.
  • Options
    this time next season??!!! ... f f s .... we could be heading for the Conference 'this time next season'. I dont care if Powell is revered, adored, loved, admired, is the perfect human being or if he was the best player ever to wear a CAFC shirt, I dont care if he is the messiah and the only hope for the human race, he is hopeless and needs to be sacked N O W
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Leave it out ffs

Hes only been in charge a few weeks. This time next season we will be able to see if Powell has the minerals

This. Get a grip everyone!
  • Options
    no need for the minerals bit
  • Options
    Agreed, get rid of him before he does further damage.
  • Options
    not saying get rid just saying he should be judged as games go on not next season,cant just keep losing can you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pathetically fickle. Hailed as the MEssiah just 8 weeks ago.

He deserves our support until his contract expires.
  • Options
    Its a bad stupid thing to do but I believe Powell is experimenting for next season and has wrote this season off himself. We are loosing so its understandable but hes changing the team around dramatically every game, it certainly does not look like we are playing for points anyway. Its not looking good but I think he will come good in the end. Hes either clueless or apart of him is looking at the bigger picture.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Dave2l[/cite]Its a bad stupid thing to do but I believe Powell is experimenting for next season and has wrote this season off himself. We are loosing so its understandable but hes changing the team around dramatically every game, it certainly does not look like we are playing for points anyway. Its not looking good but I think he will come good in the end. Hes either clueless or apart of him is looking at the bigger picture.

Don't buy that, sorry.
  • Options
    experimenting when they were fifth ? breaks down the theory a bit there..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave2l[/cite]Its a bad stupid thing to do but I believe Powell is experimenting for next season and has wrote this season off himself. We are loosing so its understandable but hes changing the team around dramatically every game, it certainly does not look like we are playing for points anyway. Its not looking good but I think he will come good in the end. Hes either clueless or apart of him is looking at the bigger picture.

thats what I think, he's working things out for next season, and he must have it "okay'd" with the board that this season is gone, otherwise he'd be gone already, or at least have been how long he has left
  • Options
    ffs they were fifth dont be so silly
  • Options
    Why will he be working things out for next season? I would be getting rid of most the squad if i was him and had money to spend and certainly not playing mix and match when we were in with a shout of the play offs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]ffs they were fifth dont be so silly

agreed, and with games in hand over everyone bar Brighton!
  • Options
    Look we have noticed an attempt at trying to play football rather than the tedious long ball under parky. We have a set of players who seem to know that they wont be here next season. Whether they have been told directly or heard, like us, through the grapevine. The players (most of) dont seem to give a monkey. Unfortunately those are the players we have employed.

I just think that we should give Powell the summr to try and sort it out. See how we start next season and come november evaluate if he is truly up to it.

How have we got to the stage we are at now? Key decisions that were made incorrectly. Sacking managers too quick, employing the wrong guy. Our best period was when we had a bit of stability. Rebuild completely. Lets give Powell a chance to help us do that
  • Options
    Its more hope than anything i suppose, a possible explaination for why we are so bad. I think the "experimenting" probably started after a few losses and poor performances where even Powell believed we were not in a fit state to go up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 managers in 5 years, 48 players since Curbs left this club has had too much change, which ever way you look at it.
  • Options
    Give us some hope i say go on a run show us that there is something to look forward to next season.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Look we have noticed an attempt at trying to play football

I'm not trying to be funny but - I haven't!
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So we are still humping it up long to our strikers?

It might not be effective but they seem to be trying to pass more rather than pump it long. Granted, they cant pass for toffee. At least they seem to be trying to play.

I have seen considerably less long ball than under parky
  • Options
    less points
  • Options
    Cant have it both ways though.

When we lost under parky i read numerous posys slating the long ball to our useless target men (abott and sodje)

Now we TRY to change the way we play and we suddenly want Abbott, sodje and the boring long ball back
  • Options
    People can moan all they want about these threads popping up here, there and everywhere but the very fact there are so many surley speaks volumes. I personally think he will walk very soon but if not then Mr Slater you know what to do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CH4RLTON[/cite]People can moan all they want about these threads popping up here, there and everywhere but the very fact there are so many surley speaks volumes. I personally think he will walk very soon but if not then Mr Slater you know what to do.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the aftermath of our humiliation, and i do mean humiliation, against Southampton on Tuesday night.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Pathetically fickle. Hailed as the MEssiah just 8 weeks ago.

He deserves our support until his contract expires.[/quote]
    err he allegedly has a 3 1/2 year contract, can we review at the end of the season