Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale v Addicks - Match Thread 29 March 2011

Comments

• Options
    Can you just imagine how much worse this could have been had the takeover not happened. Admin. Relegation and worse. Just get this season over and let's see what the board are made of. I am thoroughly depressed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]19 attempts on goal, compared to Dale's 9

8 Addick's corners, to their 4.

It's just Rochdale have scored more goals than us .......
    Small margins. Defend better (especially from set pieces) and take our chances more often and we can still get results.

Id rather Have charlton have 3 points than more stats .. any daay
  • Options
    All recent managers have done is take us down :(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We're not going to go down. Fortunatley it's too late in the season for that to happen.

As said above, defending has been atrocious at times, what do they do all week in training?

Certainly not too late! only 10 points clear of the relegation zone. Stranger things have happened, & if this dismal run continues, & the lack of luck heard/witnessed tonight, coupled with said atrocious defending, & we could quite easily be sucked in.

I wont breathe easily until we have 3 more points.
    http://www.oleole.com/tables/21/50/rank/a

Last 10 seasons are on there. 50 usually keeps you up, ideally need 2 more points just to be sure.
  • Options
    On an early page on this thread, Dazzler.

Something like, "No, you can't say they are not playing for the manager".
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Cheers Red

Thanks....not a problem...back on Saturday
  • Options
    Powell needs our support more than ever.

How much pleasure has the guy given us in his 250 appearances over 8 seasons? He's been in the job 10 weeks and people are wanting him sacked already. Show a bit of loyalty. Judge him at the end of next season at the earliest.
  • Options
    11 shots on target 8 off target ? no goals to show defending needs to be sorted feeling a very low charlton fan tonight
  • Options
    thanks lads for up dates good job! keep yr heads up ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]We wont win again this season. Been saying it for 3 weeks and will stand by my sentiments.

fcuk me clem thats depressing, but I have to say I agree with you.
    I need my glasses repaired!

rose_colored_glasses.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    powell has to focus all energies on keeping us up... that means 3 more points...

If that requires parky tactics of sufocating the game then so be it... in the summer we spend some money bring in a spine and decent couple of centre backs.... hope that the palyers we have actaully want to come back ( i can see most of the players calling their agents and saying "get me out of here!!!" ) then we will see where we are ... this is a hugely damaging time for the club...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]On an early page on this thread, Dazzler.

Something like, "No, you can't say they are not playing for the manager".
    fair do's
  • Options
    11 without a win, 12 without a clean sheet. 13th again.

Sounds like the players had a go but the best team always wins, the rest is only gossip.

Roll on the summer.
  • Options
    To go down Walsall would have to win 4 of their remainning 7 games and us to lose all of ours.
  • Options
    we are going down.........................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can you just imagine how much worse this could have been had the takeover not happened. Admin. Relegation and worse. Just get this season over and let's see what the board are made of. I am thoroughly depressed.

If the takeover hadn't happened, Parky would still be in charge and managing to get results on a shoestring...or then again the boo boys would have hounded him out.

We've just got to be patient, but it is wearing thin - I'm especially wondering about Dyer.
  • Options
    Apparently Daily and Dyer had words when going down the tunnel. All is not well!
  • Options
    we may do a brighton next year!! they were 13th in the table at end of season
  • Options
    90/1 for relegation on betfair.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]powell has to focus all energies on keeping us up... that means 3 more points...

If that requires parky tactics of sufocating the game then so be it... in the summer we spend some money bring in a spine and decent couple of centre backs.... hope that the palyers we have actaully want to come back ( i can see most of the players calling their agents and saying "get me out of here!!!" ) then we will see where we are ... this is a hugely damaging time for the club...

Not really. Going down from the Premier League was hugely damaging. This isn't. Going down again, wouldn't make much difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]hope that the palyers we have actaully want to come back ( i can see most of the players calling their agents and saying "get me out of here!!!" ) then we will see where we are ... this is a hugely damaging time for the club...

Well, the players here now must each take their share of responsibility for the situation.

It's their own performances that dictate the team's results.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Can you just imagine how much worse this could have been had the takeover not happened. Admin. Relegation and worse. Just get this season over and let's see what the board are made of. I am thoroughly depressed.

If the takeover hadn't happened, Parky would still be in charge and managing to get results on a shoestring...or then again the boo boys would have hounded him out.

We've just got to be patient, but it is wearing thin.
    I think we would be 3rd or 4th
    [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]we may do a brighton next year!! they were 13th in the table at end of season
    we'll be 18th
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]we may do a brighton next year!! they were 13th in the table at end of season

No brighton where improving at the end of last season , were in freefall !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block[/cite]i just cant believe it. i mean when powell took over we looked dead certs to at least finish in the play offs. now look where we are!!!!!!

Were we? We'd just been completely outplayed and beaten at home by 2 of the bottom 4.
  • Options
    Guys, can can we wait for a report from someone actually at the game before we write everyone off?
  • Options
    any1 kno what was said btween dyer an dailly thn?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Apparently Daily and Dyer had words when going down the tunnel. All is not well![/quote]

We have just lost a game in the arse end of nowhere, we are in the middle of s horrendous run.....ever heard of heat of the moment?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Guys, can can we wait for a report from someone actually at the game before we write everyone off?
    no
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: benjest1989[/cite]any1 kno what was said btween dyer an dailly thn?

Dailly and Dyer I imagine.
  • Options
    Were we? We'd just been completely outplayed and beaten at home by 2 of the bottom 4.

im sorry but where were we in the table? im pretty sure we were sitting comfortably in the playoffs

had we not been on an 6/7 unbeaten run and that result was just a blip. this run is not a blip. this is a joke. i cannot see us winning another game. with hudds, saints to come we will lose heavily. orient are playing well also. i also cannot see us picking up points against walsall, bristol either as they will be fighting for their lives and we just cannot be asked. i feel we will be in the bottom 5/6 with 3 games to go. im not a boo boy. im a season ticket holder who was one of the first to renew too. i never wanted parky to go and i dont want powell to go either. im just stating facts. we are in serious trouble and people who cannot see this are mad
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!