Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dale v Addicks - Match Thread 29 March 2011

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We're not going to go down. Fortunatley it's too late in the season for that to happen.

As said above, defending has been atrocious at times, what do they do all week in training?

Certainly not too late! only 10 points clear of the relegation zone. Stranger things have happened, & if this dismal run continues, & the lack of luck heard/witnessed tonight, coupled with said atrocious defending, & we could quite easily be sucked in.

I wont breathe easily until we have 3 more points.
    http://www.oleole.com/tables/21/50/rank/a

Last 10 seasons are on there. 50 usually keeps you up, ideally need 2 more points just to be sure.

I checked about 3 weeks ago on statto.com, saw 50 as the main total over the past few years. 2 points should do it, but happier with a win, as soon as possible, to make sure.
  • Options
    And just to make a bad night even worse, I then get to see that smug mug Danny Murphy on the box...
  • Options
    on the 14th feb we were 5th in the league with games in hand after beating Peterborough, and producing one of the worst first halves I can remember as a Charlton fan.Since then we have turned that first half into the norm for 90 mins.Thats it in a nutshell, muggy team in a muggy league.
  • Options
    What's wrong with Danny Murphy?
    He was good with us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]on the 14th feb we were 5th in the league with games in hand after beating Peterborough, and producing one of the worst first halves I can remember as a Charlton fan.Since then we have turned that first half into the norm for 90 mins.Thats it in a nutshell, muggy team in a muggy league.
    Where would parky have us though if he was still in charge? or Pardew? or Reed? or Dowie? or Curbs?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]What's wrong with Danny Murphy?
    He was good with us?

Yeah, but he thought he was too good for us. Then again, he was right.
  • Options
    at least we are consistent ,lets just hope the teams below us dont go on winning runs then we would be in the shite, we are on an awful run with an awful piss poor side.
  • Options
    To many mistakes from Powell from teams put out to not strengthing in position where we need improvment.
    Has to go he is out of his depth
    What ever people say about how bad this team is 3 points out of 33 and killing are promotion hopes isn't acceptable
    I promise you this team are good enough to be doing better than this

Roll on 2,000 Leyton fans on Saturday, There 7th so a point there, wait we were above them couple months ago
    Powell has to go
  • Options
    I'm gonna put £5.00 on us finishing in the bottom 5
  • Options
    Bring back McCormack!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't listen to the game - usually do. Were we that awful? Sounds like we were unlucky more than anything from the bits I did catch, we seemed to be attacking. Well, look, we won't go down. Just write it off, chin up and look forward to next season. Of course we have to back Chrissy Powell now. I didn't want Parky to go either but we got to get behind Powell and keep on believing. It'll get better. One win and we'll all be laughing again.

On the bright side England v Ghana was a cracker!
  • Options
    well at least we can console ourselves by telling our grandchildren we saw the worse bunch of players to ever don the shirt.
  • Options
    Marcus Garvey say man does know himself till his back against the wall.
  • Options
    Bring back Francis..........
  • Options
    wrong thread LOL
  • Options
    Bring back Fortune!
  • Options
    Come back JJ!
  • Options
    Bring back Parky!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]wrong thread LOL

my old mate we are absolelutely shocking im gonna take my boots on saturday and ask powelly for a game.
  • Options
    Just goes to show that however much shuffling Powell makes we still struggle.....running out of players to bring in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: L Block[/cite]Were we? We'd just been completely outplayed and beaten at home by 2 of the bottom 4.

im sorry but where were we in the table? im pretty sure we were sitting comfortably in the playoffs

had we not been on an 6/7 unbeaten run and that result was just a blip. this run is not a blip. this is a joke. i cannot see us winning another game. with hudds, saints to come we will lose heavily. orient are playing well also. i also cannot see us picking up points against walsall, bristol either as they will be fighting for their lives and we just cannot be asked. i feel we will be in the bottom 5/6 with 3 games to go. im not a boo boy. im a season ticket holder who was one of the first to renew too. i never wanted parky to go and i dont want powell to go either. im just stating facts. we are in serious trouble and people who cannot see this are mad

We were 5 points from where we are now ie12th (and the 12th placed team had 2 games in hand on us). No way was that "comfortably placed".

5th in the table on January 3rd meant nothing - it was so friggin congested.

I'm sick of this absymal run as much as any, but pretending we were 5th & certs for promotion back on Jan 3rd is absolute b0ll0cks.

The table upon Parky's exit
  • Options
    ..........And I am not asking for Powell to be sacked because thats insane.
  • Options
    Posted by:Gumbo
    I agree with Mortimerwasgod I have lost all faith in Powell. i feel we are playing worse then when Pards was in charge Results speak loader then words. Think the players don't belive in him.

Sorry Gumbo I was ranting about people wanting Powell out and being flippant, I have complete faith in him and can't wait for next season.
  • Options
    Charlton are the worst team in league one by a mile....

its just a question of whether he can turn it round in the summer... we are now unattractive to any managerial quality. we have no choice but to dig ourselves out... lets hope 4 or 5 proper championship quality come in and then we can judge powell on his team....

in the mean time lets hope that the players and staff dont beat each other up, that the fans dont tear the stadium and that we get three points to ensure league one survival...

and to the bloke who said relegation wouldnt matter... your mental mate...
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Charlton are the worst team in league one by a mile....

With a striker having more than 20 goals with the ability to bring in premiership loan players and having experience players who have played in World Cups

We have the worst manager in League 1 not worst team how are we worse than Hartlepool and Bristol rovers by the ability of are team
  • Options
    the ability of our team? what ability?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    Yeah, but he thought he was too good for us. Then again, he was right.

Murphy certainly is now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]the ability of our team? what ability?

So with the players in are team 3 points out of 33 is acceptable points return with players like Bwp and semedo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!