Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doctor Who Thread......

Comments

• Options
    PWR(or caring)
    You're all too old to be talking about this, please do something grown up instead :wink:
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Hoping Idris gets the bond gig , that'd be a "BBC" appointment :wink:

Have you looked or just passing on a rumour?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Well I think it's a stupid decision, understandable in these PC times but stupid nonetheless. I don't think it is sexist to say that the Doctor has a specific gender.

Er, yes it is.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Less about the person playing the doctor they have had to concentrate on making the stories more accessible to the kids. Some of the stories were so hard to follow I could barely explain them to my kids. This series has been much better.

Indeed. This series has been the best for a while and that is mainly due to the writing. Having said that, the two assistants have been very good and Capaldi will be a hard act to follow.
  • Options

buckshee said:

been a rumour for ages
  • Options

Is this still considered a kids program?

Yes, very much so. Unless, of course, you're one of the 'adults' that watch it. Then it becomes something completely different (for pure justification purposes and so as not to acknowledge that one needs to grow up).

• Options
    shine166 said:

buckshee said:

been a rumour for ages
    I'm not talking about Idris as Bond...
  • Options

Yes, very much so. Unless, of course, you're one of the 'adults' that watch it. Then it becomes something completely different (for pure justification purposes and so as not to acknowledge that one needs to grow up).

By 'grow up', do you mean glorying in anti-social behaviour?
  • Options

By 'anti-social' do you mean like staying home and watching children's programmes instead of going out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

By 'anti-social' do you mean like staying home and watching children's programmes instead of going out?
    Is that just going out, or is it going out out?
  • Options
    Haven't read the thread but....

I am correct in thinking this is the doctors 'last' regeneration, making the doctor a woman so she can give birth to a child thus giving the script writers a way out of the Dr having no more lives. I.e., child - another 13 lives.

• Options

Is that just going out, or is it going out out?
    Do you want a sandwich?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Haven't read the thread but....

I am correct in thinking this is the doctors 'last' regeneration, making the doctor a woman so she can give birth to a child thus giving the script writers a way out of the Dr having no more lives. I.e., child - another 13 lives.

No, Matt Smith's Doctor was given a whole new cycle of regenerations by the Timelords when he changed into Capaldi.

I am happy with the choice of the new Doctor. The way was paved with the introduction of Missy a couple of years ago. She has been accepted as a good version of The Master.

So what if the Doctor has always been a man? To quote someone on Twitter; in 1966, the Doctor had always been William Hartnell and in 1969, the show had always been in black & white. The show constantly changes and so must the Doctor.

• Options

I just think it's great so many people are interested. That's a pretty big achievement for a science fiction show launched for kids 54 years ago. The BBC might even deserve some credit...

'Interest' would be the wrong word... more like happy to have something to moan about !
  • Options

Saga Lout said:

Well I think it's a stupid decision, understandable in these PC times but stupid nonetheless. I don't think it is sexist to say that the Doctor has a specific gender.

Er, yes it is.
    In your opinion.

I'm not the target audience and as Airman says, it's sure got them a lot of publicity, so let's hope the scripts and the actors can deliver the goods.
  • Options
    Doctor Who isn't a children's programme, it's a family programme which is different and also a lot harder to produce, and you're not targeting a specific audience.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

Er, yes it is.
    In your opinion.

I'm not the target audience and as Airman says, it's sure got them a lot of publicity, so let's hope the scripts and the actors can deliver the goods.

Doctor Who isn't a children's programme, it's a family programme which is different and also a lot harder to produce, and you're not targeting a specific audience.

.... and I'm back in the game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It certainly cant be called a Kids Programme now... Might have been when it first started but if those kids (who are now Grown up) hadn't watched it when it was first released it would never have gotten off the ground and those adults are now probably its biggest fans.

Same with the likes of Star Wars and even Harry Potter - Never understand why people say they're just kids films!!
  • Options
    The Children's department at the BBC do not produce Doctor Who. It is produced by the Drama dept and is a family show. When it was launched in 1963 it was aimed at families then as kids were still up, Dad's were still hanging around as Grandstand had just finished and Mum's were waiting for the Saturday night movie. So, it's never really been a children's programme at all.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I just think it's great so many people are interested. That's a pretty big achievement for a science fiction show launched for kids 54 years ago. The BBC might even deserve some credit...

'Interest' would be the wrong word... more like happy to have something to moan about !
    Moaning on Charlton Life, god forbid. What next a rumour on the Rumour feed? Personally why not a female Doctor, I'm with Airman, well done to the Beeb.
  • Options
    DEAR GOD NOT TITS WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT
  • Options
    surely the doctor is far too clever to be a woman?
  • Options
    So the Sun and Daily Fail just realized women have breasts?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

So the Sun and Daily Fail just realized women have breasts?

I think the Sun have known for years that women have breasts..........
  • Options
    Trival family story.

First Dr Who episode was postponed due to Kennedy assassination.

By the time it was shown two weeks later my parents had hired ( most people hired rather than bought TVs then) their first TV so it would have been one of the first shows I ever saw.
  • Options
    Dr Who finished when Tom Baker stopped playing him. Does anyone remember the stand up card characters that were free with weetabix? I've still got some somewhere.