Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doctor Who Thread......

Comments

• Options
    Thought last nights episode was great. My favourite Who episode for ages, better than the 50th anniversary for me. Looking forward to Peter but wish we could have seen more of him!
  • Options
    Doctor Who Official ‏@bbcdoctorwho 55s
    50 years ago today, the Doctor encountered the Daleks for the first time. You can watch that historic moment here: http://bbc.in/T9oWiM
  • Options
    Just fell in love with Liz 10, again. #drwho
  • Options
    A reminder that series 8 starts tonight!
  • Options
    Jodie Whittaker then... thoughts Doctor Who fans?
  • Options
    Capaldi has been my favourite so hard to follow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent actress. Assuming she will have a male assistant. Change is good. I don't think Capaldi has worked in the role despite being a fantastic actor. Glad it's under Chibnall as new ideas are needed.
  • Options

Didn't really enjoy this last series and think casting a woman was the right decision to bring a freshness to it. Don't know anything about her though as I'm apparently the only person left in the UK not to watch Broadchurch.

The first series is really good. Only made it about halfway through the second series as it was far inferior in my opinion, and haven't watched the third series. She was really good in it.
  • Options
    Third series is great, so stick with it.

Brilliant in Broadchurch, Black mirror and Attack the Block. Hope she does it in her Yorkshire accent. Great choice, hugely impressed
  • Options
    Forgot Chibnall was behind Broadchurch, so the partnership has serious pedigree, the second series wasn't great, but Whittaker was.
  • Options
    Doctor Who a woman ! pah! PC gone mad.
  • Options
    Don't watch it but is she the best person for the job?

If so then good luck to her , if not then why ?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    buckshee said:

No it's just PC gone mad.

I'm not sure everyone got the fact that this was sarcastic....
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

buckshee said:

Maybe she's the best person for the job , maybe not.

Some may say Idris Elba being bond would be PC gone mad , personally I think he'd be amazing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

SDAddick said:

buckshee said:

Maybe she's the best person for the job , maybe not.

Some may say Idris Elba being bond would be PC gone mad , personally I think he'd be amazing.
    Typical alt right Nazi

: - )
  • Options
    A very BBC appointment.
  • Options
    Think Kris Marshall would've been perfect personally, but the great thing about the doctor is that they can be any age and now any gender.
  • Options
    I think this has been coming for ages and the character of Missie was a big signpost. If the Doctor's oldest enemy could be a woman, why not the Doctor?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hoping Idris gets the bond gig , that'd be a "BBC" appointment :wink:
  • Options
    Well I think it's a stupid decision, understandable in these PC times but stupid nonetheless. I don't think it is sexist to say that the Doctor has a specific gender.
  • Options
    Early indications are that her new assistant will be one legged, multi coloured and gender non-binary
  • Options
    Less about the person playing the doctor they have had to concentrate on making the stories more accessible to the kids. Some of the stories were so hard to follow I could barely explain them to my kids. This series has been much better.