Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Doctor Who Thread......

Comments

• edited March 2013

CAFCdamo said:

of the recent series'
    1. Jenna-Louise Coleman (Oswin)
    2. Karen Gillan (Pond)
    3. Billie Piper (Rose)
    4. Freema Agyeman (Martha)
    5. Catherine Tate (Donna)

I second this notion.
    Do you have to shag them in that order ?
    I'd do it in reverse order if it gave me a shot at Oswin.
  • CAFCdamo said:

of the recent series'
    2. Karen Gillan (Pond)
    3. Billie Piper (Rose)

I second this notion.
    Wouldn't you be kicking yourself though if you waded through that lot and when you got to Oswin you were too knackered to do it justice?
  • CAFCdamo said:

of the recent series'
    2. Karen Gillan (Pond)
    3. Billie Piper (Rose)

I second this notion.
    Wouldn't you be kicking yourself though if you waded through that lot and when you got to Oswin you were too knackered to do it justice?
    Can we get a thread going for Oswin like there is for the Rachel Riley? :P
  • CAFCdamo said:

of the recent series'
    2. Karen Gillan (Pond)
    3. Billie Piper (Rose)

I'd swap 3 and 4...
  • Oh No !!
    richard e grant: just can't stand that fella.
  • Thank you, might just do that. then again might be jailed for graffiti because of my love of who.
    I wonder just how well this will take off? I can picture the police being completely puzzled if it does.
  • I see it's been announced that Matt Smith is Leaving.
    Gutted, I thought he was amazing.
    I wonder who's next?
  • How about Philip Glennister aka Gene Hunt. He'd sort the Dalek's out using good old fashioned tactics.
  • pathdw98 said:

I see it's been announced that Matt Smith is Leaving.
    I wonder who's next?

Hopefully not John Hurt.

• Sponsored links:

• It should be me

Doctor: Clara, take hold of my sonic screwdriver
    Clara: Doctor, that's not your sonic screwdriver
  • It should be me

Sod's law says your sonic screwdriver is a Phillips and won't fit her slot.
  • pathdw98 said:

I see it's been announced that Matt Smith is Leaving.
    I wonder who's next?

I, personally, think it has been poor compared to the Tennant years. Sadly I fear that has as much to do with Moffat as Smith, and Moffat isn't leving.
  • Well at the end of the last series, we saw John Hurt as the new doctor, so surely it is him.
  • I don't think so, CE, think he'll be part of a one-off storyline for the 50th anniversary.
  • I think JH could be the 13th (& last ?) Doctor, thats why MS looked so shocked to see him.......
  • John Hurt will be the 9th Doctor - the one that carried out genocide of the Time Lords and Daleks.
  • John Hurt will be the 9th Doctor - the one that carried out genocide of the Time Lords and Daleks.

That would be my bet too.
  • Sorry, abit confused:
    Thought Chris E was the "9th Doctor" ?
  • Sorry, abit confused:
    Thought Chris E was the "9th Doctor" ?

It was in the press this morning. John Hurt has leaked the plot, by agreement or otherwise. Anyway, the idea, apparently, is that the Dr had forgotten that incarnation and Clara, it seems, hadn't seen it either. It means Hurt was 9, Chris E 10 etc. No 9 must have done something the Dr isn't proud of (as above I guess). Can't believe I'm sad enough to know this!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2013
    Time for a Black Doctor or a female one, or both.
    I've put a tenner on Rusty Lee
  • Not a fan but how can he have 'forgotten' an incarnation?
  • Maybe not forgot about him but I think he said something about locking him away at the back of his mind. Didn't the doctor who ended the time war commit double genocide against the Daleks and Timelords, a pretty good reason to try and forget.
  • Post-traumatic amnesia?

The Christopher Eccleston Doctor was clearly going through some sort of survivors guilt so would make some sense.

Matt Smith's Doctor clearly knew who he was though so not sure about him forgetting the incarnation, I prefer the theory that he's a sort of linear 'non-Doctor' regeneration between 8 and 9, who could carry out genocide due to his nature being not quite the same as the others.
  • The Doctors nature means that his entire time line is non-linear. Therefore it may be that this happens in an incarnation he hasn't experienced up till now and therefore he hasn't forgotten, rather than it hasn't happened yet.

Although we exist in a linear time frame universe the Doctor has always maintained that time is not linear but "wibbly wobbly" and therefore from his perspective William Hartnell may be his latest incarnation rather than the the first even though it is in our (linear) past.
  • It should be me

Sod's law says your sonic screwdriver is a Phillips and won't fit her slot.
    Or I find that while the Doctor has 2 hearts, it's at the expense of other organs...

My impression of John Hurt was that he was an incarnation of "the Doctor" but never took the name of "the Doctor" because of what he was/did, and was written out of The Doctor's history
  • I like Clara......
  • Betting on the identity of the next Dr Who has been suspended by a bookmaker after reports that Rory Kinnear has been offered the role.

Kinnear, son of the character actor Roy Kinnear, was offered the job by show bosses who are awaiting his response, it is claimed.

Kinnear, 35, who has played the spy Tanner in the last two James Bond films Skyfall and Quantum of Solace, is apparently up for the role after Matt Smith announced he was turning his back on the Tardis.

Ladbrokes said it was no longer taking bets on Smith's replacement after Kinnear was backed as a 2/1 favourite following the media reports.

Kinnear, who has also appeared in several television series, had previously only been the third in the betting at 5/1 leaving Ben Daniels as the 2/1 favourite before the gamble began.

Alex Donohue, of Ladbrokes, said: "All bets are now off when it comes to the identity of the next Dr Who. Kinnear had always been a popular punt but after a flurry of activity which pushed him into favouritism we closed the book."

The BBC refused to comment about Kinnear becoming the next Time Lord, but a source said: "It is just pure speculation.

"We are still at the start of the casting process. By late autumn should have been cast in their roles."

Smith, 30, will bow out in the Christmas special.

He has been in the role since 2010 and said it had been ''an honour'' to play the part.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/kinnear-tipped-to-be-new-dr-who-4
  • Not sure how I feel about that. I like the doctor to be a bit zany and mad, not sure how well this guy could pull that off although I must confess I have not seen him in much. Would be a massive departure from the Tennant/Smith doctors but could work, the little fan girls would not be happy...