Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Transfer Story - Paul Hayes

Comments

• Options
    Paul Hayes
    Yep,got the SLP in my hands,just says we are in talks though,not that he is signing anytime soon.
  • Options
    If half as good as his dad martin hayes then I will be happy. Didn't play hardly any games last year just 4. So hopefully not too injury prone. Didn't have to bad a record before last season.
  • Options
    Martin is his brother. Scores a few, sets up a few more.

Not tall but big enough (5' 11' ish) and very clever.

Great signing if it comes off. Might even get Henry jnr a shirt with his name on it : - )
  • Options
    who is he?
  • Options
    Another player that I am aware of but know little about, will hope he is good and pray he is not another disappointment if he signs
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Over 100 posts on nothing...roll on tomorrow!

Got so excited, but this news is like letting rip a huge fart and then the sheer disappointment when you find it is odourless.

That said and as with all transfers, I wish him all the best
  • Options
    Cawley is palace through and through. Loves a wind up,especially at our expense. Expect no one......or someone really crap.

True
  • Options
    Paul Hayes is a decent striker. We already tried to sign him in the last window. Powell clearly likes him and I think he would be a good foil for BWP.
  • Options

look at his stats that aint a decent striker, he aint a big lad either at 6 ft

if thats the sign of things to come got help us

• Options
    edited May 2011
    No idea how good Hayes is, I know we were linked in January and he wasn't playing alot for Preston then

Did he get a run towards the end of the season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    who is he?
    27 year old striker from Preston NE.  Born in Dagenham.

Twice been an important player with teams promoted out of this division (Barnsley and Scunny) although has to be said not had a huge impact at Championship level.

Creates a lot of chances for his striking colleague while scoring 10 to 20 goals himself most years.  And other than last season when he wasn't in favour at Preston normally plays 40 to 50 games a year.
  • Options

look at his stats that aint a decent striker, he aint a big lad either at 6 ft

if thats the sign of things to come got help us

"Hayes then returned to Scunthorpe United on 13 June 2007 for a fee of £400,000 .[Hayes' first season back with the newly promoted side, ended in
    disappointment as Scunthorpe were relegated. However he managed to score
    20 goals and set up a further 11 goals
    in the 2008–09 campaign, which
    helped Scunthorpe make an immediate return to the Championship. And his
    excellent partnership with Gary Hooper helped Scunthorpe to Championship safety in the 2009–10 campaign with an impressive 23 assists and 13 goals."
  • Options

I will be happy fo this one to go through. If we can have another froward who can provide assits to BWP and muck in wth 10-15 goals himself that it a good sign.

• Options

but what happend last year to the player, he doesnt seemed to have played at all, lets not forget that hooper was the stand out player in that team, i thought we wanted a big msan to play with bwp, he dont fit that bill,

his stats are not what i think would be usesful to get us out of this tinpot league

• Options
    League one Andy Hunt
  • Options

but what happend last year to the player, he doesnt seemed to have played at all, lets not forget that hooper was the stand out player in that team, i thought we wanted a big msan to play with bwp, he dont fit that bill,

his stats are not what i think would be usesful to get us out of this tinpot league

In the league above us he scored 13 goas and 23 assists. I will take that next year for us.
  • Options

maybe Hooper was that stand out because he had Hayes making 23 assists.
    League one Andy Hunt
    Spot on.  
  • Options
    I don't know who people are expecting us to sign? For where we are Hayes would be a very good signing. It was laid out by CP that there was very little cash about so decent freebies are what we should be aiming for. Might not be to everyone's liking but as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Derby were in for Hayes so I wouldn't assume that we'll definitely get him.
  • Options

that will be 2 seasons ago by the time he kicks a ball for us, He played 19 times for nth end scoring 2 then didnt score for Barnsley where he went the other way for Hume

Not slating him he may fit into league 1 to me it is not showing that much intent,

• Options
    If we don't sign a defender or three soon i'm gonna start to get worried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know who people are expecting us to sign? For where we are Hayes would be a very good signing. It was laid out by CP that there was very little cash about so decent freebies are what we should be aiming for. Might not be to everyone's liking but as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Very little cash about....... Hmmmmmmmm
  • Options

Very little cash about....... Hmmmmmmmm
    Well I've still not seen him at the Valley.  ;-)
  • Options
    Does the article mention a fee? I understood he still had two years left on his contract.
  • Options
    I understood he was under contract too. Obviously out of favour at PNE though. I thought he looked decent when he was playing for Scunthorpe so I'd be quite happy if he joined.
  • Options

I'm happy with this . Hayes fits the mould of some of our better recent free signings like Hollands and Jackson in that it seems he wants to be in London for personal reasons which is why we would be more attractive than someone like Derby despite our current League standing .

Probably the replacement in the pool of strikers for Anyinsah . I too would like a big powerful striker also.

Proven at this level would probably need replacing in the CCC . 

• Options
    Well I now know for a fact that Powell is'nt going to sign him on the strength of watching videos of the fella on youtube.
  • Options

He signed a 3 year contract when he signed in 2010.

stats

Season League FA Cup Football League Cup Johnstone's Paint Trophy Total
    Apps Goals Assists Apps Goals Assists Apps Goals Assists Apps Goals Assists Apps Goals Assists
    2002–03 20 8 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 20 8 2
    2003–04 35 2 1 5 2 1 2 2 0 3 1 0 45 7 2
    2004–05 46 18 2 3 2 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 51 20 2
    2005–06 47 7 9 5 5 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 55 12 10
    2006–07 34 6 3 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 37 6 3
    2007–08 40 8 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 43 8 1
    2008–09 48 17 9 3 0 0 0 0 0 6 3 2 57 20 11
    2009–10 45 9 9 2 2 0 4 2 1 0 0 0 51 13 10
    2010–11 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 4 3 0
    Total 318 76 36 21 11 2 11 6 1 13 4 2 363 97 41
  • Options
    edited May 2011

It woudl not let me copy and past the stats over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hayes

• Options
    his stats make him sound like a perfect second striker and if we get the rest of the side right he will be around the 20 goal mark anyway
  • Options

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hayes

looks a good signing to me - his assist record aint bad as well as the goals