Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

We're still 5th ....

123457»

Comments

• Options
    How come not 6th? Exactly same record as Accrington yet they are below us despite their alphabetical advantage
  • Options
    We don't question their wisdom.
  • Options
    I thought this when I saw our position!!

lets hope it doesn’t follow through like it did then when we played shit for ages and were still 5th but the writing was on the wall for those that could see it and read it 
  • Options
    How come not 6th? Exactly same record as Accrington yet they are below us despite their alphabetical advantage
    I think it’s the disciplinary record but could be wrong. Think they have 5 yellows and we have 2. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    I think it’s the disciplinary record but could be wrong. Think they have 5 yellows and we have 2. 
    Turns out it's because we scored more away goals than them. The discipline comes in as last criterion under efl rules;

9.2  If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored.

9.3 If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs then the highest placed Club shall be determined by reference to the following criteria, in the order prescribed:

9.3.1  number of wins;

9.3.2  goals scored in away games; or

9.3.3  in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 9.4.

9.4  Where two or more Clubs are tied after the procedures set out in Regulations 9 .1 to 9 .3 inclusive then the highest placed Club shall be the Club which has accumulated the lowest total number of penalty points (as determined in accordance with Regulations 9.5 and 9.6) following the completion of 42 League Matches in the relevant Season

• Options
    Doesn't alphabetical order count for anything in the table anymore? :smile: