Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THEATRE THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Just booked - Temptations ‘Ain’t too Proud to beg’
  • Options
    Another vote for Unfriend. 

Funny and very enjoyable. Nice theatre too. Despite taking ‘slightly restricted’ view tickets it did not disappoint. 
    I didn't enjoy this. Too close to farce for my liking but just my personal opinion of course.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Just got tickets for Peter Pan Goes Wrong around Christmas time, reckon the kids will love it
    Saw this at Alexandra Palace a couple of years ago. If you like the Mischief Theatre Shows (Play that goes wrong, Comedy About a Bank Robbery etc) you will find it really funny.

Word of advice, get there about 20 mins early as there is a fair bit of pre-show audience interaction with the spoof director and crew.

• Options
    Another vote for Unfriend. 

Funny and very enjoyable. Nice theatre too. Despite taking ‘slightly restricted’ view tickets it did not disappoint. 
    I didn't enjoy this. Too close to farce for my liking but just my personal opinion of course.
    I take your point completely. It is of that ilk. 

• Options
    So, we saw The Mousetrap last night. Great acting, really put how poor some of the cast of Wish You Were Dead were into perspective. I enjoyed it, and Mrs Algarve enjoyed it even more.    
  • Options
    Just booked - Temptations ‘Ain’t too Proud to beg’
    We had theatre tokens from our son & his family last Xmas & are currently discussing when we'll book for this one.

Can't wait ! 
  • Options
    Pre sale for the Stranger Things stage show started today. Got very lucky with the queue. Initial attempt to join gave me position 176,005! Tried again via my phone and got position 950. Hour wait and managed to get a couple of seats in the 3rd week of performances. For those that don't know, it's being billed as a prequal, set in Hawkins in the late 50s.
    Just purchased tickets for February … amazing how many already gone 
  • Options
    Went to the Tina Turner show last Sunday and loved it, booed Ike though.
    Disappointed that you didn't say that it was Simply the Best show you'd seen in ages...
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Just home from an awe inspiring evening at the Kit Kat Club.

My advice would be save up your pennies & look forward to a very special 3 hours that you won't forget in a hurry.

IF you can push the boat out & get a table at the side of the stage, I'd say it's definitely worth it.

But beware of the pricey drinks. One vino & one bottled beer cost Mr F a whopping £21 from the bar ! 

Just as well we'd had a lovely dinner at Bella Italia with a drink beforehand. 

Probably the best birthday I've had for a very long time.... made even better by all your good wishes. Thanks ! 
    I'm taking MrsCat for a surprise early birthday treat on Saturday - got a table at the front in the middle so I'm hoping it's special.  Doing the matinee so I'll be missing the Shrews game.  I'm still trying to work out if that is a good or a bad thing.....
    It's definitely special, CA. 

Please let us have your thoughts next week.
    It was excellent.  She really enjoyed it - especially the pre-show in the foyer.  Definitely worth the money.  You do feel part of the show right from the very beginning.  In some ways it's a shame that the story gets dark, so at the end you walk out feeling a bit down.  Then I turned on my phone and found out I'd missed a goal-fest.....
  • Options
    Lehman Trilogy. Very good indeed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to see A Little Life today. If you have read the book you know how harrowing it is, I was worried as I loved the book and didn't see how they could condense a 700+ page book. It was great, not a play you can enjoy because of the subject matter, but one which will stay with you. James Norton was fabulous. We went to the matinee, how they can do another performance tonight astonishes me, I am emotionally drained.
  • Options
    I’m really looking forward to watching Theatre Complicite perform - Plough the bones of the dead’ at The Belgrade in Coventry next week , I enjoyed the novel and love the work of Theatre Complicite.I think some live streams online are also available.
  • Options
    Saw the Temptations 
    Aint to Proud at Prince Edward today - Superb
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Frankie Boyle at The Churchill in Bromley this evening. Absolutely brilliant. He has "mellowed" a bit but was still savage. People watching at his shows is great fun. So many people look disgusted, like they don't know what they are getting into.

Village Idiot at Stratford East next week.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Really enjoyed ‘The Unfriend’ @ Criterion Theatre. It was the last show where cast tears flowed at the end. Reece Shearsmith was fantastic. Not seen him live before.
  • Options
    Saw the Temptations 
    I want to see that
  • Options
    Great story line and superb sound track
    Paid £85 each for 3 seats and would pay that again
  • Options
    Saw the Temptations 
    Great to hear that.

Will be booking soon.
  • Options
    Great story line and superb sound track
    Paid £85 each for 3 seats and would pay that again
    You must have a really fat arse
  • Options
    We are going to see ‘the play that goes wrong’ at the Duchess Theatre on Friday. It has good reviews. Looking forward to it 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    We are going to see ‘the play that goes wrong’ at the Duchess Theatre on Friday. It has good reviews. Looking forward to it 
    It's hilarious 
  • Options
    For anyone who goes to the Palladium Panto tickets are on sale on Thursday 27th April 

This year is Peter Pan and the cast will be led by Jennifer Saunders who will be playing Captain Hook!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Theatre Complicite’s Drive Your Plow over  the Bones of The Dead was absolutely brilliant. Incredible performance by Kathryn Hunter. Just a few more dates in The Lowry, Manchester next week then it leaves for Europe , really worth catching .
  • Options
    For anyone who goes to the Palladium Panto tickets are on sale on Thursday 27th April 

This year is Peter Pan and the cast will be led by Jennifer Saunders who will be playing Captain Hook!
    I’m surprised that you know this given that LW theatres haven’t announced it yet to the many of us who sign up to notification of the next panto booking details each year.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    charltonman2016 said:

I’m surprised that you know this given that LW theatres haven’t announced it yet to the many of us who sign up to notification of the next panto booking details each year.

It gets announced in the Deadline paper before LW announce it! Just wait for your announcement later then
  • Options

Got 2nd row for Saturday 23rd.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

They’ve really put their prices up this year. The same front row, Grand Circle ticket/seat I paid £29 each of the last 3 years is £67 this year. Wow! I managed to get a less central, not as good view ticket in the same row for £35 though on Sunday 17th December. No way am I paying crazy prices for a panto, no matter how funny they may be. It’s a bloody panto!
  • Options

Got 2nd row for Saturday 23rd.
    Blimey how much did that cost mate?!
  • Options
    Went to see Only Fools And Horses yesterday, it finishes up on Saturday, what a top performance they all put on! Paul Whitehouse was on absolute top form, and  Tom Bennett and Ryan Hutton as Del Boy and Rodney were triffic, though to be honest I could say the same about literally every cast member. Seeing the entire theatre get up and sing/dance along to the theme tune at the end of the performance brought tears of laughter and joy to the eyes