Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dynamo

Comments

• How does he do that mind reading stuff though?

Mind readings always a dodgy one for me cause all he needs to do is tip them off.

I love looking for the way he does it, but most of the stuff on last nights show absolutely baffled me. The Air horn was crazy - the only possible explanation for me is a twin brother, or bernards watch...

• I think I worked out the pool table trick where the ball stopped next to the correct card. They were all the same cards in that pack. If you re run it you can see that at no point did he show that the cards were all different.
  • He's excellent and whether or not he's a mind reader I'm open to the fact that he could be.

On holiday, a couple of years ago there was a hypnotist, so I persuaded my mate and our better halves to go along.

I was too chicken to volunteer, but my mate got up on stage.

He was definitely hypnotised & it was bloody hilarious !

• edited July 2011

He's excellent and whether or not he's a mind reader I'm open to the fact that he could be.

On holiday, a couple of years ago there was a hypnotist, so I persuaded my mate and our better halves to go along.

Hypnotism is bullshit - all of it. All that happens is the 'victim' enters into a willing contract of suspension of disbelief with the 'hypnotiser'. If you're the sort of credulous imbecile who believes it is possible, then sure it will 'work' but there's no actual 'mind control' going on - and anyone who believes it's possible shouldn't be left unsupervised.
  • So Leroy you are discounting all the medical hypnosis used throughout the world to perform surgery without anaesthesia ? As usual you are partly correct in your assertion but not looking at the bigger picture.
  • isnt mind reading stuff done by giving the subject hints and planting the answers in their mind?

the trick where he asked the dj to think of two songs, he could have been making slight references to those artists or songs earlier. then when the dj is then asked to think, he has those two artists or songs already in mind.

• He's excellent and whether or not he's a mind reader I'm open to the fact that he could be.

Hypnotism is bullshit - all of it. All that happens is the 'victim' enters into a willing contract of suspension of disbelief with the 'hypnotiser'. If you're the sort of credulous imbecile who believes it is possible, then sure it will 'work' but there's no actual 'mind control' going on - and anyone who believes it's possible shouldn't be left unsupervised.
    Leroy, you can call it what you want, but my mate who is an intelligent man, running his own business, was made to do all sort of funny things that there is no way he would have done if asked  to whilst not "hypnotised". He didn't remember most of what he had done, although he had a vague recollection of some of it. 
  • No he wasn't. There is absolutely no way that a person can be 'hypnotised' to do anything against their will. Controlled studies have shown, every single time, that 'hypnotism' is a contract between two willing participants. It's fine to believe that it's something other than that - just like it's fine to believe that the Earth is flat, or that the moon is made of blue cheese. It's just not 'accurate' to believe that, as it has no basis in scientific fact.

I'm not saying 'hypnotism' has no uses - far from it. If you can convince people to convince themselves that they are feeling minimal pain during an operation, or that every cigarette they smoke tastes like dogshit, that's great. It's just nothing to do with any actual 'power' the 'hypnotiser' has.
  • "look into the eyes, not around the eyes"...............................
  • @shine166 you have any links to other episodes? Really enjoyed that...

all 3 on here......

http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-2724961-Dynamo-Magician-Impossible

• Sponsored links:

• On breakfast TV this morning.
    He set up his own company with money and expertise from the Princes Trust.
    Which is nice
  • At it again tonight. Shame its the last in the series.
  • If you take this at face value and accept the people are not "stooges" then it's absolutely unbelievable what he does.
  • How the fecking hell does he do it, just how does he do it

It is blinding, great tv, great magician
  • edited July 2011
    Love him, think he's brilliant. Part of it is that he's so unassuming and just seems to really get a genuine kick from astonishing people and making them smile. I've downloaded this series and he's certainly put a smile on my face after a long, shite day.
  • gutted its finished. hope he goes onto make bundles of money. an actual genuine talent whos passionate about what he does and has worked hard to get there, unlike the countless 'singers' and big brother contestants this country churns out.
  • Lookie, where did you down load the series from? i keep missing it and only seen clips on tube.
  • The diet coke trick in his boot with the drummers signed coin, i dont care how he does it its fooking amazing, proper amazing, if i win the lottery i am getting Dynamo around every night

It must be amazing to watch him do it there in front of you, even the shoe lace shaking trick is blinding

• On TV he said he got into magic to stop him getting bullied at school.
    Love the humility he exudes behind the trickery.
    The river walk, though well documented as to how it works, was 'performed' without billing. He just prepared it then strolled out and had a few of his own cameras there to register genuine suprise of those nearby.
  • I have my ideas how he done it but havent seen it well documented, how was it done then??

Ta

• Sponsored links:

• I have my ideas how he done it but havent seen it well documented, how was it done then??

Ta

With magic.................................silly.
  • edited July 2011

@Nth London Addick It must be amazing to watch him do it there in front of you, even the shoe lace shaking trick is blinding

On YouTube you can see how it's done. It requires a little something up your trouser leg; except Dynamo does it in shorts! 
  • Watched it last night, the guy is class. The butterfly trick, no idea how he does that. The newspaper page prediction with Scott Mills, also amazing. I'm like a lot of others though as I am amzed at what he does but don't want to know how he does it- not that he's ever going to tell us.

Ta

Twas on magic secrets revealed TV show
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcYgzL9btX0
     and I think here
    http://www.xploremagic.com/Illusion/criss-angel-walk-on-water-revealed.html

There's plenty written too
  • He's very clever at what he does but we all know real magic is bollocks so think like Jonathan creek when watching it. Whats the most logical explanation?
  • Do people really need to have that walking on water trick explained to them?! Probably the most obvious of all the grander style tricks. Not taking anything away from the guy though he's hugely talented.
  • Never seen you so angry!
    Just responding to a request from CPL
  • Me? Not angry honest, and wasn't having a go at you for posting that so apologies if it came across that way!
  • Me? Not angry honest, and wasn't having a go at you for posting that so apologies if it came across that way!
    Sorry - need to add smileys to my supposedly humourous postings.
    Mea culpa
  • edited July 2011
     I'm like a lot of others though as I am amzed at what he does but don't want to know how he does it- not that he's ever going to tell us.

Agreed, its like watching a movie and pointing out all the cgi. Cant wait for the next season.