Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikel Alonso.

edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Conspiracy theories welcome.

WTF is going on here. Signed how long ago? 2 weeks to the off and no sign of him.

Will he show up at Woking or is there a soap opera to play out?

Comments

• Options
    i reckon he is cory gibbs. you never see them together....
  • Options
    'slight back injury' should feature saturday..
  • Options
    It's a long season.
  • Options
    its weid isnt it! but chrissy said he had a few things to sort and would be back in england after spain trip! but someone in the aldershot game thread said he had a bad back !! good start mikel ;-)
  • Options
    'slight back injury' should feature saturday..

Didnt know that. Heard someone on the train home say he'd gone back to Spain and thought yeah yeah yeah....

Just found it odd that he has barely been mentioned.
  • Options
    yeah he seems abit mysterious, gonna need to start playing or no way he's breaking in this tea,/
  • Options
    I heard he was down the Oxo Tower last night supping a bottle of merlot!

I want him out... ;-)
  • Options
    Did a bit of research into it yesterday, Alonso played the full 90 minutes in Tenerife last league game on June 4th. So he's only had a month off to recover, no conspiracy theories...
  • Options
    Not even been mentioned how long he's signed for. Might just be three months to see if he can cut it (or can get fit if he was known to be carrying an injury etc)...
  • Options
    He has an injury - players get injuries -what's the issue?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Xabi alonso and Mikel Alonso are the same person so at the moment he is a bit preoccupied in Madrid
  • Options

Not even been mentioned how long he's signed for. Might just be three months to see if he can cut it (or can get fit if he was known to be carrying an injury etc)...

Doubt he would sign a contract that early in pre-season if it was anything less than a year
  • Options
    There was a Spanish site that after being translated suggested he signed a 1 year deal with a 1 year option.
  • Options

As Big Red said, Alonso was  playing until the beginning of June and he has been given time to sort out his move and family business.

He will almost certainly be our main playmaker when he is fit to play

• Options
    edited July 2011
    No mentiom of him in the o/s Woking preview.
  • Options
    seems like more of an XI side down Woking. Bit disapointing.
  • Options
    seems like more of an XI side down Woking. Bit disapointing.

Sullivan, Hayes, Doherty, Wagstaff, Stephens, Evina possibly Alonso. Pretty strong for an XI. Maybe the French trialist as well.
  • Options
    No mention of him in the preview for tomorrows game.

Think some clarification should be given or people like me will add 2 and 2 and come up with 5.
  • Options

Think some clarification should be given or people like me will add 2 and 2 and come up with 5.
    Why? What does it matter? Why do you feel the need to know exactly what is going on at the club about every single player at any one time?

Not having a pop, just don't see why anyone needs to give "some clarification".
  • Options
    Well, I think most people find it a bit odd that a potentially 'key' player hasn't turned up at any games, and there are now just two more friendlies before the season starts. I could understand about the end of the Spanish season thing until the end of the Spain trip, but its getting weird now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Doesn't look like he'll make the start of the season at this rate. Think Pritchard might be closer to the 16 than most (including me) would've thought when he arrived.

• Options
    Who said he is a "key" player ValleyFred?

Just asking. Don't remember anyone at the club saying we'd brought him in to build a team around or anything.

Anyway, it's a long long season. I don't mind it if he misses a game or two at the start if he does indeed become a key player for us this year. No need to panic.
  • Options
    I think the truth is probably just banal, i.e he has had to sort out moving his family to the UK and needed extra rest after the end of the Spanish season - I think someone (Henry, I think) said as much on another thread.

We'll see him when he's ready!
  • Options

He did say potentially key player, not sure what's wrong with that.

Picky picky  :P

• Options

Why? What does it matter? Why do you feel the need to know exactly what is going on at the club about every single player at any one time?

Not having a pop, just don't see why anyone needs to give "some clarification".

I find it odd that he has barely been mentioned since he signed.

No word on him starting training late when we signed him.

I would have expected CP to have mentioned him in a post match "we still have Mikel to come into the equation", but nothing.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the silence a bit odd. Cant help but be suspicious I'm affraid.
  • Options
    Yeah, you're right Talal.

Truth is he hasn't signed for us at all and the new board are using the "house move" from Spain as a front to import a consignment of Columbian marching powder into the country in a tea chest.
  • Options
    Just don't tell anyone I told you.
  • Options
    think people are excited at the thought of a player like alonso playing for us in this division. nothing wrong with clem wanting to know where he is and being slightly worried that he's not featured so far.
  • Options
    Yeah VG, I get that. But worried/suspicious of what exactly? 

If the fella is a crock - or even a crook - and never plays for us what have we lost? Honestly? Nothing.
  • Options
    I never said that BigS.

He was never Powell's player (unlike all the others) Vetere signed him so CP is making a point (like with Eccleston) by sidelining him.

He'll never play under CP unless the board give in to CP's other demands for loans.

FACT