Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikel Alonso.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    If we get promotion, I think we will see more from Jeff Vetere's contacts next season.
  • Options
    It's difficult to convince foreigners to come and play in the third tier of English football
  • Options
    I think we also probably largely wanted players proven in this division who'd know what to expect
  • Options
    Think that we may see a few more youngsters join us over the course of the season looking ahead to the future rather than signing in the window for immediate effect
  • Options
    Where is Mikel? Its like he joined and left again
  • Options
    is happily punditing on sky sports 3. confirmed he is a real person.
  • Options
    when are we gonna see this bloke play?
  • Options
    It's difficult to convince foreigners to come and play in the third tier of English football
    Yes, well, your Johnny Foreigner is averse to a good old bit of an English rough-house.
  • Options
    He's on Spanish football this evening, was quite a surprise to see him!
  • Options
    Sure it wasn't Cory Gibbs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what's the update on him?
  • Options
    So what's the update on him?
    He's a good TV pundit, but doesn't play football too often.
  • Options
    I notice he played for the Resees against Brighton .

Given our current mini slump might he be an option in the run in ?

He certainly has a pedigree having played in both La Liga and the Premiership so if he has got fitness could he feature ?
  • Options
    Given that he has so far made only one, disastrous, appearance in the first team, I suspect there will be a long queue in midfield ahead of him. In fact, SCP has outright said as much.
  • Options
    yes!! our centre midfield on tuesday was non existent. we need something different in there. hollands hasnt been the same threat as he was at the start and Dale i dont think has really gotten over that injury.
  • Options
    who?
  • Options
    Dropping Hollands for Alonso would be the worst idea since playing Wiggins at RB
  • Options
    Dropping Hollands for Alonso would be the worst idea since playing Wiggins at RB
    The worst idea since signing Alonso.
  • Options
    The midfield weren't in the game because the defenders kept lumping it over them, I don't see how Alonso would change that
  • Options
    I notice he played for the Resees against Brighton .

Given our current mini slump might he be an option in the run in ?

He certainly has a pedigree having played in both La Liga and the Premiership so if he has got fitness could he feature ?
    Obviously you're joking....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have seen he play in two preseaon games, a KCS cup game a well as a league and he is a very poor player. Currently not goodenough to get into this squad.
  • Options
    I watched him play and thought it was some sort of joke.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Mikel Alonso mixed it up with the likes of Giuseppi Rossi, Ambrosini, Sammy Amoebi, and Emerson Boyce for Steve Nash Foundations Showdown (a charity match held in Downtown NYC) a few weeks ago ...

https://stevenash.org/showdown/showdown-history/new-york-2013-recap
  • Options
    So he played more for them than he did for us
  • Options
    He trained with a second division Spanish team last season to keep fit, with a view to possibly playing outside Europe. That didn't materialise and he's now officially retired
  • Options
    I thought he was retired when he was with us.
  • Options
    Very unusual signing by us/Powell.
  • Options
    Powell had nothing to do with it
  • Options

Very unusual signing by us/Powell.

Was a Jeff Vetere/TJ signing