Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikel Alonso.

Comments

• Options
    Airman I don't find that too encouraging seeing as Loveridge's career with us ended with a knee injury before it began.  Are you implying Alonso has some sort of serious injury???
  • Options
    I'm a bit worried that Jeff Vetere is the new Andrew Mills and he's going to balls everything up. The fact that it seems the board agreed to sell Benson to Notts County without asking either Powell or Benson makes it quite clear that SCP has little say in at least some of our transfer dealings. Henry's story about SCP not wanting Alonso and thus refusing to play him may have been a wind-up, but might not be so far away from the truth...
  • Options
    Airman I don't find that too encouraging seeing as Loveridge's career with us ended with a knee injury before it began.  Are you implying Alonso has some sort of serious injury???
    This aside (and I know nothing about it)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Alonso on paper (and on FM) should be better than anyone else in the squad. Hopefully he'll play tonight, 7 weeks since his last game which is about the average rest time.

Hope CP isn't going to be stubborn about not playing him, especially if he could benefit the team (bit like Eccleston)
  • Options

Featuring at Bromley tonight according to CAFC News on Facebook.

• Options
    Faeturing tonight according to the OS!!
  • Options

Yet more evidence that he's fallen out with CP - a player like that trusted only to play at Bromley.
  • Options
    Think we probably saw the first choice midfield last night, meaning he is going to have wait for his chance.  It can't help that Bover and Pritchard have both looked good in pre-season as well!
  • Options
    Think we probably saw the first choice midfield last night, meaning he is going to have wait for his chance.  It can't help that Bover and Pritchard have both looked good in pre-season as well!

It helps a lot, over the last few seasons we've had little or no strength in depth and virtually no competition for places. This season we have in Bover and Pritchard two young (in the latter's case footballing wise) players desperate to make a name for themselves. That's what Alonso has to get past, he looks a good player, but we don't need someone playing on reputation or the wage.
  • Options

Yet more evidence that he's fallen out with CP - a player like that trusted only to play at Bromley.
    Very sharp witted BFR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even if there was any hint of truth in Henrys wind up which there isn't. I doubt CP's position is so unassailable that he could even contemplate throwing a tantrum regarding the signing of Alonso by Vetere even if thats true. Slater and JIminez have brought Vetere in because they rate him and he is a big part of their strategy. Alonso will feature when he's upbto speed.
  • Options
    has beaten danny green for worst haircut at the club 

http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10267~39222,00.html
  • Options
    look at them sideys ... rascals
  • Options
    the little y on his tash between his nose is shocking too!
  • Options
    Gary Doc's pic makes me laugh, looks like hes just farted
  • Options
    Stephens mug shot makes him look a lot like that Graham character from corrie
  • Options

This thread needs re-naming to Alonso Mikel! :

CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic: Some squad number-related news: the Football League has agreed Mikel Alonso can have 'Mikel' on his shirt, rather than 'Alonso' (MW) #cafc

maybe he doesn't like comparisons with his brother?!

• Options
    Told you we'd never see Alonso in a Charlton shirt and I was right!  

: - )
  • Options

Told you we'd never see Alonso in a Charlton shirt and I was right!  

LOL

• Options
    spot on henry :-D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he can have 'all charlton fans are jam sandwich eaters' on the back of shirt, just as long as he does the business.
  • Options
    he can have 'all charlton fans are jam sandwich eaters' on the back of shirt, just as long as he does the business.

I dont like jam sandwiches. The sweet taste of jam versus the savoury of bread just doesn't go.

• Options

I dont like jam sandwiches. The sweet taste of jam versus the savoury of bread just doesn't go.

Actually i prefer the Orange Marmalade , with no 'Zingy' bits in it ;)
  • Options
    You can't have marmalade without zingy bits, it's what marmalade is all about.
  • Options
    You can't have marmalade without zingy bits, it's what marmalade is all about.
    Just seeing if anyone was awake! well spotted ;)
  • Options
    More of a Marmite man myself
  • Options
    In Hayes' mug shot he looks like an angry cross between Benno and Jeffers.
  • Options
    Don't know if it's been said already but how about this for a song.

He ain't Xabi he's his brother...

to the tune of he ain't heavy he's my brother by the Hollies.

• Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    With the exception of Mikel whose signing came right out of leftfield I have been a little surprised that we have not had more signings from overseas bearing in mind the vast network of contacts that Jeff Vetere is supposed to have.