Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikel Alonso.

Comments

• Options
    off_it, worried that he's not featured. pre-season is a time for players to sus each other out, get some connection on and off the pitch.

alonso is the type of player that could be a cut above what he will have playing around him and both him and his team mates need to get on the same level.

we havent had the type of keep ball deep lying playmaker for a long time, and i honestly believe that he could be a player that will gain us promotion by bringing out the best of those around him..
  • Options
    I never said that BigS.

He was never Powell's player (unlike all the others) Vetere signed him so CP is making a point (like with Eccleston) by sidelining him.

He'll never play under CP unless the board give in to CP's other demands for loans.

FACT
    If that is true  (& I am not saying that its not) then that is a serious problem
  • Options
    I don't think it's true somehow :)
  • Options
    Calm down everyone, he is only a footballer
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    off_it, worried that he's not featured. pre-season is a time for players to sus each other out, get some connection on and off the pitch.

alonso is the type of player that could be a cut above what he will have playing around him and both him and his team mates need to get on the same level.

we havent had the type of keep ball deep lying playmaker for a long time, and i honestly believe that he could be a player that will gain us promotion by bringing out the best of those around him..
    So he'll be like another brand new signing when he does play then - even though he's already signed. That's even better.
    ;o)
  • Options
    I've enlisted the help of perhaps one of the most proficient investigative journalists there is, Cawley will solve this case. Let the conspiracy theories begin!
  • Options
    I've enlisted the help of perhaps one of the most proficient investigative journalists there is, Cawley will solve this case. Let the conspiracy theories begin!
    I reckon it's Amdy Faye in a Mikel Alonso suit come back for a pisstake
  • Options
    Or Omar Pouso? Let's face it, he wasn't here long enough for anyone to real get used to his boat, so if you stick a wig on him ....... 
  • Options
    Hope he's not getting comfy in the Pouso/Gibbs suite that was recently vacated by Anyinsah
  • Options
    Three weeks ago CL was full of optimism for the new season.  Now, with a couple of indifferent pre-season matches and some players not featuring in games, it is like Fraser in Dad's Army 'We're all doomed'.  I confess I am a mix of apprehension and excitement and want 6 August to be here NOW!!!  But agonising over who will/not play and in which position is just too irrelevant for words.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three weeks ago CL was full of optimism for the new season.  Now, with a couple of indifferent pre-season matches and some players not featuring in games, it is like Fraser in Dad's Army 'We're all doomed'.  I confess I am a mix of apprehension and excitement and want 6 August to be here NOW!!!  But agonising over who will/not play and in which position is just too irrelevant for words.
    everything we do on here is irrelevant really - other than the posts i make obviously which CP clearly looks to for guidance.  
  • Options
    Henners

Just in case I hace mis understood are you saying that CP will never play Alonso, unless other transfers are agreed to,

If yes then CP will be gone within a month of the season started fact

If I have mis understood then I appologise but that is some statement to have slipped under the radar consider some of the shite wrote on here this week,

Clem had you heard similar is that why you asked

Concerned in nth London
  • Options
    It's lucky that no one is agonising over it then, just a bit of curiousity
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hope he's not getting comfy in the Pouso/Gibbs suite that was recently vacated by Anyinsah
    Who in turn filled the Leon McKenzie role with aplomb!
  • Options
    everything we do on here is irrelevant really - other than the posts i make obviously which CP clearly looks to for guidance.  

Is it true that CP isn't prepared to play Alonso until he's properly explored the avenue of signing the hottest footballing property in Bexley, Dan?

• Options
    Alonso is about a month behind all the others. When he's up to speed he will no doubt be in contention.
  • Options
    legal, this is the place to discuss whats goin on. wouldnt be real charlton fans if we didnt worry!

yours faithfully,

mr panickypoos
  • Options

think it was a joke NLA

• Options

Spoke to Ben Roberts at half time in the Woking game.

Mikel was sorting out some personal bits and bobs (house etc) and missed the Spain tour as his season finished on June 4th. The other players get a month and a half break, so on that basis, he should only just be starting training now. As such, he may only be on the bench for the first game, but Ben said he was back training at the club with the others last week.

Apparently looking really good. Also told Evina's knock was nothing serious and if there was a league game he would play (or be fit to) tomorrow.

• Options
    cheers for the update damo.

keep calm stay ream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spoke to Ben Roberts at half time in the Woking game.

Mikel was sorting out some personal bits and bobs (house etc) and missed the Spain tour as his season finished on June 4th. The other players get a month and a half break, so on that basis, he should only just be starting training now. As such, he may only be on the bench for the first game, but Ben said he was back training at the club with the others last week.

Apparently looking really good. Also told Evina's knock was nothing serious and if there was a league game he would play (or be fit to) tomorrow.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Where's the fun/panic in that?
    ;o)
  • Options

Yh thanks

We can all sleep easy now

• Options

No worries. Of course, the conspiracy would be that Ben Roberts was microphoned up to Sparrows Lane, with Slater telling him what to say into an earpiece.

Or he was just telling me the truth, which is most likely....

• Options
    Clem asked for conspiracy theories so I created one.

Wasn't that what everyone else was doing?
  • Options
    Is it true that CP isn't prepared to play Alonso until he's properly explored the avenue of signing the hottest footballing property in Bexley, Dan?

CAFC have missed their chance with me i'm afraid. I'm now concentrating on Dads v kids games and over 40's 5 a side but try to help out by offering guidance on here. I give my blessing to Alonso. CP, wheel him out! 
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised no one could smell the sarcasm through their comps  ;)
  • Options
    I've hacked all phones in and out of the club, all players mobiles and will be keeping a 24hr twitter vigil. Expect increasingly paranoid updates as the night unfolds.
  • Options
    I think I saw him, Lord Lucan and Richie from the Manic Street Preachers playing cards behind that grassy knoll next to Woking's ground....

But I might be mistaken.
  • Options
    oh you guys.....
  • Options
    Clem asked for conspiracy theories so I created one.

Wasn't that what everyone else was doing?
    Ah I took the bait there, well done!!  :)