Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Woking v Charlton Athletic PSF 23 July 2011 - News, Views and Match Thread

It didn't take long for the knives to appear.  It's not clear yet if they are to be used for wrist sliting or back stabbing but a 1 - 1 draw away to a league 1 side during the week was considered a good enough excuse for some to raid the cutlery draw.

Anything but a convincing win v Blue Square South Woking will bring a similar response from them.  Other's will shake it off as just a pre-season game.

Having given many of the likely first team a full 90 minutes on Wednesday the other part of the first choice team should start today.   Particular attention will be paid to who plays up front.  Hayes seems certain to start but will French trialist Alexis Honorato be given a run out?  And will Paul Benson be there?  Benno wouldn't have started anyway (having played and scored v Aldershot) but his attendance will be looked for.

The every more mythical Mikel Alonso could appear (or not) and we hope Stephens and Evina are fit enough to join in.  Otherwise the team is likely to be something like

Sullivan

Diaz Doc  Mambo  Andersen
Wagstaff Pritchard Warren Davisson
Hayes Honorato/Popo

2 - 1 Charlton

Comments

• Options
    That's what I like about Warren - he's all over the pitch.
  • Options
    Just to confirm I will be doing a match thread today for those that cant go or hear the match....starting about 2:30....hopefully no connection problems for me or CAFC Player today!! Oh and I'll try and reduce the typos where possible.
  • Options
    Don`t worry about the typos Red you do a great job in keeping us all updated with your match commentary and it is much appreciated.
  • Options
    RM does a great job with his commentary, when he wasn't around I tried to give the commentary and it ain't easy, well done RM and long may you continue with CL's number one matchday thread.
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial Woking tomorrow - Sullivan, Doc, Mambo, Wagstaff, Stephens, Pritchard, Davisson, Popo and Hayes are all expected to feature (MW) #cafc
  • Options
    Glad to see Stephens is in contention
  • Options
    Class first paragraph Henry. Would happily lose all pre season if we get cracking when it counts.
  • Options
    a decent performance is more preferable pre season than a decent result but once it happens for real it's all about the results
    with so many new players , who despite the drivel you read on here i doubt anyone would be able to spot more than half of them in a parade , it's everyones first few looks on seeing what theyreally play like rather than what we hope/dream/fantasise how they play.....
    with  a reasonable number of starters from what we'd think would appear in our first team a comfortable victory will be on the cards today

• Options
    "...on the cards today"

Pun intended?
  • Options
    rumours francis is included in match squad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rumours francis is included in match squad
    Anyone know if Diaz came back from Spain with us? If not, then we need him to play right back anyway
  • Options

Bournemouth beating Cardiff 2-0

Sheffield Wednesday beating Leeds 1-0, Looks like Semedo and Prutton is their 1st choice midfield partnership.

Will be interesting to see if Alonso plays today!

• Options
    Cafc team: sullivan, francis, mambo, doherty, andersen, waggy, stephens, pritchard, davisson, popo and hayes

• Options
    Subs: pope, euell, harriott, solly, warren, honore
  • Options
    So looks like Diaz andHonerato may have departed then otherwise surel theyd start.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Good to see Euelly on the bench, Who's that last sub??

Evina injury must be worse than 1st thought!

• Options
    Second half he will put Euell, Pope, Honore and probably Solly. Mid way through the half give warren and Harriott a run out.
  • Options
    afternoon guys.....match thread ready to go
  • Options
    Honore/Honerato is the same person.
  • Options
    JASON EUELL! EUELL! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Honore/Honerato is the same person.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Also, anyone else getting a lot of fuzz on the player commentary? RM, is yours ok?
  • Options
    Just getting an error message there
  • Options
    Also, anyone else getting a lot of fuzz on the player commentary? RM, is yours ok?
    Yep same here
  • Options
    Just getting an error message there
    same. 
  • Options
    mines on but rubbish quality
  • Options
    if you try to access any of the content there is an error message on all the bits
  • Options
    Yep same here
    Yeah got the same..been trying to change my sound system on Laptop..but makes no difference..... I'll sedn them an email to see if they can do something about it.
  • Options
    yeah mine is saying error, something about if ive loaded it from my bookmarks :S
  • Options
    it is encouraging you're getting some kind of feed, getting error messages every time here