Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley v Charlton XI/PSF/27 July 2011

http://www.bromleyfc.net/

A run out for the "development" squad plus anyone who didn't get much game time v Den Bosch so while unlikely to be the "big" names there will still be plenty of new faces to spot. 

Having kicked off pre-season with a 2 - 1 win over Gillingham at Hayes Lane Bromley have now lost to both Cray Wanderers and Erith and Belverdere.   The Lilywhites play at the same level as Woking, who held Charlton 0 - 0 at the weekend so this will be a test for the boys and fringe players to show what they are worth.

And Alonso and Henoro could be there. 

6 - 2 to Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Going back a year ago, wasnt the best of games, 2-0 i think it ended with Tuna scoring. We had Andy Marshall in goal, A french guy called Norbert on the right wing remember seeing James Mulley have a good game.

Hopefully this year is a lot better.
  • Options
    Well Tuna is on the other side now...... Bromley that is..... be good to see Tamer, he may have a point to prove?

• Options

• Charlton: Marshall; Mulley, Carter, Mambo, Llera; Norbert, Stavrinou, Warren, Davisson; Thorvaldsson, Tuna (GH)
    Subs: Hall, Cousins, Ajayi, Morris, Camacho, Perkins

Team from last year.

Only Warren, Davisson, Mambo, Cousins, Ajayi still around

Whatever happened to Norbert and Thorvaldsson?
  • Options
    Glad we didnt sign that Thorvaldsson as I remember him being really ineffective and didnt really offer anything, i think Perkins come on and was a lot better.

Norbert was a tidy player but was no better at the time than we already had. Remember hearing he started his career at Arsenal.

• Options
    £12 a bit of a rip-off to see a stiffs fixture
  • Options
    Mulley only a division below us now for AFCW, missed a trick there I think. A very versatile player.
  • Options
    Was going to take this one in. Not for £12 though. Stupid price for an XI.
  • Options
    Prices kept high to keep the Bexley and greenwich riff raff away
  • Options

They're just Bromley's prices to be fair. Average price in Blue Square South. Shock horror, many are going to watch Bromley play not Charlton XI.

Looking forward to this. Are you going along Henry?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll be there Olly
  • Options
    Excellent, I'll you down there
  • Options

They're just Bromley's prices to be fair. Average price in Blue Square South. Shock horror, many are going to watch Bromley play not Charlton XI.

Looking forward to this. Are you going along Henry?

What was Bromleys average gate last year 450ish? Will be about that there tomorrow. Make it £8 and it would be closer to 900.

You then get the extra spend on beers and burgers etc and a better atmosphere.
  • Options
    Is the Bromley winger who broke his leg at dartford last year Ok? Useful player at that level
  • Options

Didn't break his leg but seem to remember Harrison Dunk getting injured late on after scoring, so assume you mean him. Great young player, he's just moved to Cambridge Utd. Deserves to be playing higher,he was close to joining Crawley in Jan. He played a couple of trial games with our reserves just before Parky got the boot.

• Options
    Welling >>> Bromley tbh
  • Options

Am i being really stupid, but...Llera in that team? I thought he'd gone?

• Options
    Your being stupid, that team was from last seasons game.
  • Options

Ahh yes, that will teach me to just skim read through the thread!!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Prices kept high to keep the Bexley and greenwich riff raff away
    Does Goldberg have any involvement of any kind at Bromley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be there tomorrow night (can't make tonight - work meeting).  £12 seems a bit strong though - but its quite a nice ground and have enjoyed previous years.  Hope to see Honore and a few of the others that don't make the game tonight.  Remember seeing Luke Varney there a few seasons back - just came along to watch.
  • Options

I'll be going if it is dry, although £12 is a bit steep.

• Options
    I'm in two minds.
    Really eager to go as I've desperately missed it but the two seasons I've had a season ticket and didn't go to a friendly were 97/98 and 99/2000. Usually not superstitious.
  • Options
    Day light robbery £12!!!
  • Options
    Would've gone for £5 but £12 is silly.
  • Options
    Goldberg is manager again for the third time!

After last night really looking forward to this now. Honoro, alonso, Euell, Raziak, Anderson? Evina.

See you all there (bar the tightwads). : - )
  • Options
    Bover is comfirmed to be playing aswell so will be a bit more of a decent XI than last hear. Should be good.
    If you don't like £12, just say your a pensioner or a student and you can get in for a fiver. Sorted
  • Options
    Tempting. Which of the two lies do you think I'll have more chance of pulling off?

PS any XS. Van Susans T-shirts for sale.
  • Options
    http://twitter.com/#!/bromleyfclive

Good twitter updates from here.
  • Options
    £5 with any kind of student card, as Olly says (indiscreet bump ;)