Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bromley v Charlton XI/PSF/27 July 2011

Comments

• Options

Sat fairly deep but broke forward a few times.  Seems strong but he wasn't busting a gut in his first game,  looked for a pass.   

• Options
    Who was our best player on the night. Who disappointed?
  • Options
    Does anyone know how Honore played?
  • Options
    Many good performances tonight in our 4-0 win.  Bover and Warren very impressive and Euell worked hard, showing nice touches and took his goal well.  Alonso came on second half and was very comfortable on the ball but also fought to win it back.  Only negatives for me were Evina good going forward but suspect in defensive mode and Mambo looked all over the place. Millwall on Saturday will be a far tougher test and it will be interesting to see who CP chooses.
    IMO there were a number of players out there tonight who, if they maintain this level of performance, will be challenging for selection this season.
  • Options
    alonso played decent .. he can spot a good pass , but its obvious he has missed some training - little bit slow . good defending and decent attacking , more of a link up man
  • Options
    honore played OK ... but didnt do mutch .. played just behind euell more than level with him .. could be a good signing
  • Options
    Very impressed with Alonso tonight, so composed on the ball.

Bover & Warren had good 1st halves, Harriott showed flashes of skill in the 2nd and took his goal well.

Both keepers (Gough & Pope) done well too.

Good to see Euell back in the shirt, nice touches and finished nicely.

French trialist (Honore) tried hard but didn't really do a great deal.
  • Options
    Who scored the 4 goals ?
  • Options
    Ben Davisson has had good pre season reviews, how did he do?
  • Options
    Goals from Euell, Popo, Harriett and Aziz(?). Davisson was ok.  Having been doubtful about Euell before tonight I must say he looked fit and put in a full shift.  If he is looking for a contract he will have made CP take notice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having been doubtful about Euell before tonight I must say he looked fit and put in a full shift.  If he is looking for a contract he will have made CP take notice
    Was also dubious about calls for Euell to return but if he is fit and we can sign him on a short term contract on reasonable wages then he can surely offer something at L1 level
  • Options
    who is Azeez?
  • Options

who is Azeez?
    A 2nd year scholar. He's a big unit who plays up front and occasionally on the right wing.
  • Options
    who is Azeez?
    Academy striker
    from OS

Adebayo Azeez

A real handful for defenders, the athletic Azeez burst onto the senior academy scene in 2009/10 with six goals in 20 outings.

The speedy striker - who attended Coopers School, in Chislehurst, and
    is from Orpington - has a great leap and likes to run in behind
    opposition rearguards.

Azeez arrived at the club at U14 level and has worked hard on improving his all-round game.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Keep checking Bromley FC's youtube account for decent highlights. They've got this years pre-season games vs. Gillingham and Cray Wanderers up, so hopefully they were recording again tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bromleyfctv
  • Options
    Keep checking Bromley FC's youtube account for decent highlights. They've got this years pre-season games vs. Gillingham and Cray Wanderers up, so hopefully they were recording again tonight.

They were.
  • Options

They were.
    Excellent.
  • Options
    Don't think Honoure did enough for a contract tonight. Vetre, Hart and Powell all watching from the stand.
    Francis was outstanding. He's been very impressive this pre season.
  • Options
    Sorry meant to add that Francis had a very good 2nd half.
  • Options

Spent 30 mins wondering who the woman chatting to Powell was, then she turned round and it was Vetre!

Warren looks like a good prospect for me, always wanted the ball and a good touch, just a bit young and weedy for first team action at mo but if he bulks up over the year he should be in contention.  Euell looked good and nice goal (but as Henry says this was v Bromley).  Honore tried but without much joy, assume he will be gone given he only lasted 45 mins?

Bover has a nice touch but looks very lightweight and not sure he will make an impact this season, although he has the ability so fingers crossed.  Evina, quick but not great.  Alonso looked a class apart albeit no where near fit...will definately push for the starting 11 when he is though...think he will be excellent in League1.

Bromley fan stood next to me asked..."who is the Charlton number 6 - I would be worried if he was a CB for Bromley, all over the place!"  Sadly that summed up Mambo's night, still it is the only game i have seen him play so hopefully more potential, the Doc next to him also did not give confidence...we desperately need another CB for the season to support Taylor & Morrison.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How did Powell play? Was he loud and aggressive? Or just kept it simple?
  • Options
    My gallery of photos from tonight's game can be seen here: imagehttp://edboydenphotos.co.uk/photos/wordpress/?page_id=10&album=3&gallery=92

These are fantastic.  Well done.
  • Options
    My gallery of photos from tonight's game can be seen here: imagehttp://edboydenphotos.co.uk/photos/wordpress/?page_id=10&album=3&gallery=92

These are fantastic.  Well done.
    Very good photos well done that man
  • Options
    from the tweeter updates it seemed Pritchard had a good good a coudl well be a good option from the bench, can anyone their confirm?
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Yes, Pritchard looked good again.  full of running and uses the ball well.

not tall though so the height police will be after him : - )

Bromley  boy  so  a  home coming for him.

• Options

Spent 30 mins wondering who the woman chatting to Powell was, then she turned round and it was Vetre!

Warren looks like a good prospect for me, always wanted the ball and a good touch, just a bit young and weedy for first team action at mo but if he bulks up over the year he should be in contention.  Euell looked good and nice goal (but as Henry says this was v Bromley).  Honore tried but without much joy, assume he will be gone given he only lasted 45 mins?

Bover has a nice touch but looks very lightweight and not sure he will make an impact this season, although he has the ability so fingers crossed.  Evina, quick but not great.  Alonso looked a class apart albeit no where near fit...will definately push for the starting 11 when he is though...think he will be excellent in League1.

Bromley fan stood next to me asked..."who is the Charlton number 6 - I would be worried if he was a CB for Bromley, all over the place!"  Sadly that summed up Mambo's night, still it is the only game i have seen him play so hopefully more potential, the Doc next to him also did not give confidence...we desperately need another CB for the season to support Taylor & Morrison.

Couldn't agree with this more. We without doubt need another CB as I will be very nervous if Mambo has to play any league 1 games. Hopefully Dailly will re-sign now he is back training with us.
  • Options
    Without being rude does anyone know the fan who was wearing the blue away shirt, small, quite fat and bearded, he kept getting his belly out and scaring the kids.
  • Options
    The Worm Man. Legend.

• Options
    The Worm Man?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    This was a strange game - we were lucky not to concede in the first half as Bromley created more chances that us and looked dangerous. Gough did well in goal - think he is still only 17, but looks much older. Have to agree about Mambo - their big striker caused him untold problems. We settled down well in the second half and looked more composed on the ball, creating more chances and looking much more comfortable. Question marks about Evina and Honore though - neither looked that good. Midfield performed well and Euell looked okay. A decent run out for predominently a 'development team' against non-league opposition. Good to see the last three goals coming from former/current academy players.