Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis or Solly?

Who would you rather have a Right Back for the first game of the season?

Solly looked very suspect last night in my opinion and the winger he was against was very poor compared to the one Wiggins was defending.

So for that reason, i would give Francis the benefit of the doubt providing he puts in a decent shift tonight at Bromley & Millwall on Saturday

Comments

• Options

Who would you rather have a Right Back for the first game of the season?

Solly looked very suspect last night in my opinion and the winger he was against was very poor compared to the one Wiggins was defending.

So for that reason, i would give Francis the benefit of the doubt providing he puts in a decent shift tonight at Bromley & Millwall on Saturday

Behave mate...Solly all day long, I would play my old mum ahead of Francis, and shes just had a hip replaced!
  • Options
    Solly. Homegrown n all that jazz
  • Options
    Francis for me too - but can see this position going back and forth between them over the season. Reasons being Francis offers us height (I know, I know...) which we are lacking a bit, and is better pushing forward and getting a cross in which I think will be key to how Powells teams will be looking to play.
  • Options
    I agree with superjonnie - he looked unconvincing to me, whereas Wiggins got a better grip of a dangerous winger. I don't see a lot of games, so I can't comment on Francis from first hand knowledge, but I would be worried about Solly starting.
  • Options

It is indeed a tough one, maybe Solly just edges it for me, would like to see a new right back preferably.  Frazer Richardson is miles ahead of both of them.

• Options
    Solly. Didn't see anything wrong with him yesterday. Thought he had an overall better game than Wiggins (who got better as the game went on, after a dodgy first half)
  • Options
    Francis for me. Solly will get plenty of games this season which will add to his development thus making him a confident and competent fullback, but no hurry.
  • Options
    Wonder who Powell had in mind to replace Francis had he left for Bournemouth as expected?
  • Options
    both have their strengths and weaknesses, if you could combined the two together you would have a fairly good Right Back!
  • Options
    Solly is the solution.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

S-Dog.

• Options
    Solly. Still has yet to have a long run of games, never even went out on loan. He will keep improving.
  • Options

gotta b solly i reckon

• Options
    Solly. Didn't see anything wrong with him yesterday. Thought he had an overall better game than Wiggins (who got better as the game went on, after a dodgy first half)
    What Nadou said
  • Options
    i can't believe what i read sometimes,people choosing francis over solly.......do some of you go to games by any chance?
  • Options
    Solly, think Francis could be better utilised at centre half!
  • Options
    Whatever Valley Gary says........
  • Options

In Solly's defence last night, he didn't get much help from Green who was further up the pitch a lot more.  As the first half went on Stephens began to cover this a bit more and was less exposed.

• Options

Solly is a good player who will get better.

Francis looked dodgy as a defender in my opinion, poor at times. But I have to admit he is better than me.

• Options

Solly is a good player who will get better.

Francis looked dodgy as a defender in my opinion, poor at times. But I have to admit he is better than me.

Well you are in your seventies now! :-)

Trust in SCP I say. They both have their good and not so good points.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly all day long. Did nothing wrong last night. If you think he did you must have been following via CL updates and not actually there.

Getting a bid fed up with all the bashing of Charlton youngsters. Solly, Waggy, Elliott, Basey etc etc.
    Next someone will be saying Cousins is crap and too short.
  • Options
    Solly all day.

Francis cannot defend. I'd play him at fly-half maybe.

• Options
    Just because they are CAFC youngsters, it doesnt mean they can't get criticised in the same way as any other player.
  • Options
    Cousins is too short and frankly, he's crap.
  • Options
    Just because they are CAFC youngsters, it doesnt mean they can't get criticised in the same way as any other player.
    Agree but I think they get more criticism than newly bought in players from some.  Familiarity breeding contempt as the saying goes.
  • Options
    Bring back John Humphrey! 
  • Options

There's not as much separating the two as some would have you believe, imo. Both got it in them to be decent to good at this level, both have errors/mistakes and weaknesses in their game. Solly should get first chance as he's never had a proper run of games at right back, but likewise, Frank shouldn't be written off and over looked. If Solly isn't cutting it then Frank should be given a chance to play in, what we hope will be, a better and more confident team.

It may all become a bit moot anyway as it would appear Francis is still being told to look for a new club.

• Options
    I don't think Solly had a terrible game - all I would say is that I think he may have had a lot of trouble with a winger of the calibre of their no.15 who played on the right. He didn't have a right lot to do but looked one of the less convincing players on the night. However, it's early days and he has plenty of time to  improve and settle in with the new players around him.
  • Options
    ValleyGary aka Dave Rudd Jnr
  • Options
    Francis .. although I would go Morrison with Doherty in the centre