Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis or Solly?

Comments

• Options
    Solly for me
  • Options
    is it ok to change my mind

solly gets the nod for now
  • Options
    Oohaah it's okay! I would worry if you wouldnt want too!
  • Options
    How silly does @Jarman look now? :)
  • Options
    thank you super jj
  • Options
    I think I looked silly, @jarman it's time to eat humble pie son!
  • Options
    I'd rather have stephen hawking playing down the right than have Francis.........
  • Options
    Fuckin quality you lot know fuck all. Lmfao
  • Options
    Solly was just as good last season - it's a shame it's took some people so long to notice.
  • Options
    I should have some Oohaah type rant about people not being able to handle the truth, I've said S-dog from day one, wibble, wibble.

He was always going to be the man and will go on to play in the Prem, Infact theres a couple of Championship clubs looking at him already, I just hope it's with us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can't be aiming that at me mate, we both knew solly and quality were two words that go hand in hand, and to think the poor kid missed a whole season whilst Francis played ,

Unbelievable

First Danny graham was let go for Francis to come in and then solly was dropped ,

Astounding really
  • Options
    odd to think how selling jenks has worked out so well for us, both in the RB position and with the team as a whole.
  • Options
    No mate, I'm only joking anyway.

I thought he was a good player but I don't think anyone could have thought he'd be quite this good.
  • Options
    Apart from me and barnsey said it since the yoof cup games that this kid was going to be superb
  • Options
    Danny Graham?
  • Options
    Didn't we sign Abbott instead of Graham?
  • Options
    Yep could've had him , for next to nothing, all done bar the signature

We went for Francis and another player instead for the same wage as what Danny graham was going to get

fact 100% , I was told this by someone who worked at cafc at the time , and since then my pals brother plays for swans with him and I asked him to confirm it and it was true
  • Options
    russ and Francis instead of graham

• Options
    Some interesting views. Think I was right though.

Good job Lincs wasn't our manager - he had Francis AND Docherty in the back four - ouch!
  • Options
    Fuckin quality you lot know fuck all. Lmfao
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After Shelvey, Solly the stand out player in that 6-0 youth cup win over Sheff Utd in 07/08. Played just as he does now, defends well, very determined and uses the ball well. I had him rated with good Championship potential on every FM since then...

Don't agree he's suddenly improved loads, he's simply been given a chance while playing with other good players. Last two seasons he's also had a few injuries, two years ago just as Richardson also got injured.
  • Options
    I'll admit that Back in pre-season I opted for francis with Solly getting the odd run out to aid his development..................just shows that I know shit all....................
  • Options
    hey guys we can see half a season changes a lot-benefit of hindsight and all that - solly looked suspect last season with a sh*t team but now is looking strong as part of a winning team, but lets not starting saying solly for england, and likewise is graham really that good? i reckon he would have also looked shit for us last season

• Options
    Samuel are you have a laugh pal, solly was mom against bournemouth (or brentford I can't remember) and then dropped, he next appeared at left back not right back and looked suspect ,

Danny graham ripped the championship up last season and has already scored goals in theft prem for the jacks

• Options
    And as you know NLA Solly then got a long term injury.

As for Solly has improved greatly this season Muttley, no he hasn't. He was very good last year and he's very good now.

And to be fair, Francis seems to be doing well at Bournemouth and they have been charging up the table since he joined.
  • Options
    He did indeed henners, but even with that injury I reckon he would've been a better right back than Francis

Joke
  • Options
    A few years ago when Shelvey and wagstaff had just broke in to the team I managed to have a chat with someone high up at the club and asked them about the potential of our youth players. I was told that the youth coaches at Charlton rated Solly as the one with most potential (ahead of shelvey!!) so always looked out for his development and had high hopes for him. Thought they must have got it wrong when I saw how rubbish Frances was last season yet still keeping Solly out the team!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Thought they must have got it wrong when I saw how rubbish Frances was last season yet still keeping Solly out the team!

Not really the case, Solly was injured from a few matches in and then returned in the spring. Part of the problem with Francis was the lack of an alternative right-back at the club. He was definitely over-played given his form but there was no alternative.
  • Options
    I really don't think Solly looked "suspect" last season.