Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis or Solly?

Comments

• Options
    Barnsey is back ay oh ay oh barnsey is back
  • Options
    Francis- the all round football is there. Solly- a work in progess.
  • Options
    Worse than Amdy Faye.... never and we pay a fraction of the wages to him.
  • Options

Let's face it, it looks probable that neither will be first choice if we can offload Francis

• Options
    Francis was brilliant tonight. Cue 'he's found his level blah blah blah'....
  • Options
    Let them fight it out for the RB slot. For the first game I would start Solly, then give Francis a go in the cups. See who is more impressive.
  • Options

Amdy Faye at home to Bolton in the league slipped back to centre defence and played a blinder after we went down to 10 men.Francis

would never reached that level in a million years.

• Options

Who's ever in the best form.

Francis is having a decent pre season showing also considering he missed the Spain trip.  Picking players just on the basis there home grown is nonsense.

• Options
    To be honest, as a team desperate for promotion the true answer is neither. I think someone like Dailly would be better, or look to loan. Is Jordan Cousins not worth considering ?
  • Options

Amdy Faye at home to Bolton in the league slipped back to centre defence and played a blinder after we went down to 10 men.Francis

would never reached that level in a million years.

It was hardly a blinder he just didn't do anything wrong for a change so it stood out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No it was a blinder we went on to win the game with 10 men, francis is toilet end of.

• Options
     Mark Penfold, whatever happened to him?
    Went to work for Dangermouse.
  • Options
    Tough one. At the moment I'm probably edging towards Francis, though I'm really not sure why. With Green in front, neither will get the cover they get with Wagstaff. I'm not sure which one will cope better.
  • Options

No it was a blinder we went on to win the game with 10 men, francis is toilet end of.

Yh you're right, no one has ever gone on to do that before. Hail Faye
  • Options
    Blimey, if Solly had the legs that this thread's got then no-one would question his height. ;-)
  • Options
    With green suspended first game play fancis for his delivery as im assuming he will have waggy working tirelessly as cover, get his delivery that day and if he puts in another poor perforemance replace him with solly when green is back
  • Options
    Tough one. At the moment I'm probably edging towards Francis, though I'm really not sure why. With Green in front, neither will get the cover they get with Wagstaff. I'm not sure which one will cope better.
    With green suspended first game play francis for his delivery as i assume he will have waggy working tirelessly as cover, if he plays well keep him in if not replace him with solly when green returns
  • Options
    Solly, Done well in the seccond half from where i was sitting, lots of pace and gets stuck in
  • Options
    think Green got two reds and about 10 yellows last season so tends to suggest he gets involved so the RB may get more help than you think
  • Options
    gotta go with francis, with a better defence and a winning team (hopefully) he'll be just fine. either i'd be happy with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Hang on a minute , i thought we paid someone to pick the team for us , someone who knows where there head is as well as their ability and tactical nous, his name is Chris Powell , trust him to make the right calls , in the 2 Preseason games i've seen Francis play i thought he'd done really well , he could be playing to get himself back in Chris's 1st team reckoning , he could of course be playing to attract a move away , at the moment if possible i'd like him to stay , play well and for him and Solly fight it out for a starting place , competition makes people try harder , which can only be a good thing , who Chris picks .. well i'll leave that up to him.

• Options
    unless he picks francis
  • Options
    unless he picks francis
    ;)

You've got to give people a bit more of a chance , it was Francis 1st season , and i know i've been quick to slate him , but if he can get his head right , and not lump it all the time ( ie take coaching tips from Chris Powell) he could be useful.
  • Options
    I'm quite happy to see Solly there - seems pretty solid to me. Francis just makes too many crucial mistakes
  • Options

Both are SHIT. How many times do we have to go over what pro's and con's they offer? It's pointless as the opposition will tear either one of them apart.

Why leave a weak link in a team that is looking so strong now?

Get a good right back in before the window shuts and we will have a very complete squad.

• Options
    Fed up with you sitting on the fence quite honestly Jarman.
  • Options
    reading the chairman's comments in the News Shopper about how well he fits in with Green and Stephens, it seems that Solly may have the job. Whoever it is, I wish him every success
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Can't believe I ever suggested Francis..... Someone shoot me now please!!!
  • Options
    What did NorthStandSteve say ?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    A bit unfair because Solly has gone up about 3 gears this season.