Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis or Solly?

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2012
    Not sure
  • Options
    Francis .. although I would go Morrison with Doherty in the centre
  • Options
    both have their strengths and weaknesses, if you could combined the two together you would have a fairly good Right Back!
    And a really crappy one. :-)
  • Options

Solly all day long. Did nothing wrong last night. If you think he did you must have been following via CL updates and not actually there.

This
  • Options
    Solly, he's still young and hasn't had a full season under his belt. i'd start with him and give him a decent run and then re-assess after a month.  
  • Options
    Francis .
  • Options
    What does Bexley Dan think ?
  • Options

It is indeed a tough one, maybe Solly just edges it for me, would like to see a new right back preferably.  Frazer Richardson is miles ahead of both of them.

this. Though Solly and Francis are very close.
  • Options
    solly
  • Options

francis for me

and did no one see solly get skinned when he missed the ball last night as last man and pritchard had to chase back to bail him out , otherwise i thought it was a steady performance from solly

any decent youth players get bought fact when we're in this shit league and the ok ones stay here with us in this shit leage cos this is their level for the time being, hopefully they'll improve with us as a club

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly all the way, looks better than he did last season  
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Solly is much more composed and will give the ball away far less than Francis so it has to be him for me. Although Powell has said all along that one or two could still go before the end of Aug so I wouldn't be overly surprised to still see Francis go somewhere and a new RB come in as first choice above Solly.
  • Options

Choice of two evils I'll go for Francis mainly for his height and his strenth although some of his passing is a bit desirable I'm sure he is colured blind. Solly is just too small and lightweight gives 110% but sorry I don't he is really up to it.

• Options
    Francis by a street (runs for cover).
  • Options
    Solly all day long

He deserves the chance to play a season or atleast state a claim,

But then a midfielder who scored ten goals last season ain't good enough for some of you even though it was his first full season really ,
  • Options
    And a manager who had us fifth in the league 2 points off automatic promotion wasn't good enough for you.  So there. ;-)
  • Options
    And a manager who had us fifth in the league 2 points off automatic promotion wasn't good enough for you.  So there. ;-)
    it's a funny ol' game
  • Options
    solly deserves the nod from game 1. francis had a shocking first season, we even tried getting rid of him. so i say give solly his opportunity because he is homegrown and will probably be around for a few seasons in charlton red... that is if he doesnt get TOO good and the likes of arsenal or man united come swooping in...
  • Options
    solly deserves the nod from game 1. francis had a shocking first season, we even tried getting rid of him. so i say give solly his opportunity because he is homegrown and will probably be around for a few seasons in charlton red... that is if he doesnt get TOO good and the likes of arsenal or man united come swooping in...
    Arsenal or Man U? .. Jenkinson has gone to the Gunners, the last right back we 'sold' to Man U was probably Mark Penfold, whatever happened to him?
  • Options
    Yeah but he was also partly responsible for relegation, and failed to get us promoted, he had a chance, and I didn't slate him until the end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dailly
  • Options
    Doherty & Taylor in the center wouldn't work, if you thought we lacked pace in defence last year...
  • Options
    Doherty & Taylor in the center wouldn't work, if you thought we lacked pace in defence last year...
    yes, that is still a worry as is the lack of height
  • Options
    Chris Solly gets the nod for me but I admit I am yet to be totally convinced. Just as for Robbie he has the shirt to lose.
  • Options
    What does Bexley Dan think ?
    any return to the side for Francis can only be a step backwards (for the avoidance of doubt)
  • Options
    Solly, don't like francis loses posession of the ball and he also struggles to get back to defend. The only problem with solly i saw last night is he has no strength and could get pushed off the ball. But still think we need a RB and to sell francis.
  • Options
    Despite who we think should get the nod, only one persons opinion counts, the man who picks the team, Slater oops, I mean Powell.

And Powell will definitely go with Solly, barring an injury, no question.
  • Options
    Solly all the way - looked much more reliable than Francis when he played towards the end of the season and fully deserves his chance to start season as first choice.  I suspect CP thinks same as he got him to sign a contract extension last year whilst being prepared to let Francis go to Bournemouth.  No contest.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    solly

then me

then stephen hawking

then maybe simon francis
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    francis is the WORST PLAYER TO EVER WEAR A CHARLTON SHIRT BAR NONE