Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Francis or Solly?

Comments

• Options
    Might have to start hunting down a few of them Racon threads (and dare i say it Semedo threads) although i think it will be next season before they can really be savoured.
  • Options
    Solly had a mare against Shrewsbury and then had a injury. He may not have had the opportunity but I don't think you can claim he hasn't made a major leap forwards this year.
  • Options
    When I started reading this thread I assumed that it had been started in 2010. Some odd views considering we'd had a year of Francis and a fair bit of Solly. The only time he ever looked at all suspect was when he was stuck on the left.
  • Options
    Solly had a mare against Shrewsbury

Playing LB so super simon francis could play right back after solly played well 1st game of the season to then get droped to the bench for the next league game!

He may have got injured last year but I think he was just as good last year when he was given the opportunity. With him you know that you will always get at least 7/10 and I cant think of a game he has played right back when it has been less than that
  • Options

Playing LB so super simon francis could play right back after solly played well 1st game of the season to then get droped to the bench for the next league game!

He may have got injured last year but I think he was just as good last year when he was given the opportunity. With him you know that you will always get at least 7/10 and I cant think of a game he has played right back when it has been less than that

-----------

Exactly and I'd add that when playing RB he was as good the season before. Still can't see a "major" leap forward unless it was from very good to flipping quality
  • Options
    Another I told you so thread?

Sigh.
  • Options

And that is why Parky is at Bradford....
  • Options
    You have to laugh about people's facts!!!!! Danny Graham? Right when were we going to sign him? He went to Watford in 2009 on tribunal, in a time when we didn't pay for a player for 18 months. He scored 14 goals in the champ, and was in blistering form before Xmas, tailed off mid-season, then banged in 6 goals towards the end of the season. There was NEVER any chance of us signing him in 2010, in 2009 a small possibility though very doutbful. So it's absolutely fanciful to think signing two journeyman of the lower leagues was equivalent to someone who looked unplayable at times for Watford, and that Watford's team template totally relied upon for free or Pawel peanuts.

And yes he is that good, streets ahead of Carroll as a footballer, he's the best young English striker I've seen in the Championship. Always would have taken a punt on him for the prem. Not only is he excellent in the box, but he can work out, in game, for himself anyone in the back defensive six who has a weakness and exploit them in the air or on the deck. He's an absolute joy to watch in the flesh, and it's something that is not so obvious on TV, bar his excellent positioning for crosses and chances.

As for Solly I was not sure on him, but one thing I did see from him was his will and ability to adapt to the threat placed in front of him. He may be losing his personal battles for a while, but always seemed to respond to the challenge and eventually match his opponent. Something too few Charlton youngsters including Shelvey were able to do.
  • Options
    although Francis is doing well at Bournmouth and they are one of the form sides, amazing what confidence and the mind can do to a player
  • Options
    as said Solly, a relative kid, played LB at Shrewsbury so that a senior pro who should have switched, Francis, could play RB. Says all you need to know about Francis ability and Parkinson's management skills. Both non existent. And yet some can only say Solly had a mare. Jeez.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You mean like when Powell played Jenkinson at left back away at Notts County and Francis at right back? Or when he played Wagstaff at left midfield v Dagenham?
  • Options
    Colin i would wager my whole house on us having these opportunity to sign Danny graham the season we signed Abbott and Francis

I know this because like I said Danny graham confirmed it , believe what you want a decision to sign Francis and Abbott for the same wages as what we would have had to pay graham was chosen
  • Options
    Addickted4life July 2011
    Solly all the way, looks better than he did last season
    --------------------------------------------------

I was right about something. : )
  • Options
    ColinTat talks Tat
  • Options
    Ahh a tatting. Always great to read considered thought, as weak as and from a paper hat.
  • Options
    Just to soften the expected blow of losing the too short, not as good as Francis bloke

: - )
  • Options
    Interesting! This time last season there were also still plenty on here bemoaning the fact that opponents were going to target Solly for being too short / inexperienced / lightweight. Some did of course try but soon learned the error of their ways.
  • Options
    I love this thread. Sorts those that know about football from those that don't :-)
  • Options
    My love for s dog never waivered
  • Options

Just to soften the expected blow of losing the too short, not as good as Francis bloke

: - )

You mischievous scamp you Henry!

[BA checks back to see what, if anything, he said]

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Francis .. although I would go Morrison with Doherty in the centre

This cannot be forgotten. This is the kind of thing that should come up when you apply for a mortgage
  • Options
    Solly
  • Options
    Maybe this should be renamed. Wilson or cousins
  • Options
    Cousins
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'd rather see my cousin than wilson oops sorry I meant francis ;-)
  • Options
    There was a time, not so long ago, when Solly wasn't the finished article- he still has more to come now to be fair- but I have seen him have a terrible game. Playing him through that could have done him a lot of damage and we may not be looking at the player we are now.
  • Options
    francis for me. world class.
  • Options
    We need to get page one of this out there in the media. Then maybe West Ham will shift their attention to Francis.
  • Options

I think I looked silly, @jarman it's time to eat humble pie son!

Who you calling son? spotty.

• Options
    Lovely Flip Flopping from Oohaah. . . .