Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Cort

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Great chap. I really like him.
  • Options
    The players are confident. Feels like we haven't got anything to lose this season. Exciting.
  • Options
    Had a very poor game yesterday and was very slow in possession - hopefully this was down to the weather.....
  • Options
    I heard someone say he has been useless this was after it was said to get that geezer off he is shite

1 below par game in what 10 that he has been outstanding In
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    One or two mistakes yesterday that could have been costly, but one or two great blocks too, among other things that a professional footballer is paid to do. Let's not be too harsh!
  • Options
    He looked much more uncomfortable on the wet pitch than the other players but other than that did well IMHO.

Should have scored as I had him for first and last scorer : - )
  • Options

He looked much more uncomfortable on the wet pitch than the other players but other than that did well IMHO.

Should have scored as I had him for first and last scorer : - )

Agree, and he did also clear up a couple of his own errors. He's a big guy, less mobile than most of the team, as centre halves tend to be and the conditions were not ideal for his type of player. Still thought that at times he was immense yesterday.
  • Options
    would much rather have taylor than him in the team but think hes a good under study
  • Options
    Thought he did ok yesterday. Terrible conditions and that didn't help him as he's no twinkle toes. Won a lot of headers and offers a real presence at set pieces. I have no problem with Leon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Simon Jordan's book he says that when Warnock became Palace manager he got rid of Cort straight away as he didn't have enough cuts, scars and bruises for a centre half. Seems a pretty strong and tough player to me.
  • Options

In Simon Jordan's book he says that when Warnock became Palace manager he got rid of Cort straight away as he didn't have enough cuts, scars and bruises for a centre half. Seems a pretty strong and tough player to me.

Think Wanock had (and still has) a quota of selling 2 players per week
    ... Will take any criticism from his with a handful of salt
  • Options
    I think the problem yesterday was that Aluko (very quick player) was targeting Cort when we were playing it along the back. Cort was not helped by 2 passes one from Hamer and one from Morrison which did him no favours in the first half which set the tone. However he managed to recover and get a contact to get the ball away when caught out. He won most things in the air which is his strength. Basically I don't expect him to do the beckenbauer thing and I don't imagine CP does either. A good signing costing nothing.
  • Options
    Cort is not as comfortable on the ball as the rest of the team and the conditions made it hard for everyone, to slate him for a few lapses is harsh
  • Options
    Oh so its Corts turn now!
  • Options
    Happy with the pairing of Cort and Morro. Didn't have his greatest game yesterday, but who did? Received a couple of dodgy passes from hamer, which would have been okay on a dryer surface.

Funny how last week people were saying how they wished Hamer would look for the short quick throw more often. Yesterday he did, when the conditions were better suited for a long boot down the other end of the pitch.

Corts stengths are stopping others playing and his ariel ability. No complaints from me on this.........................................
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Leon whatsoever. Anyone at Birmingham can see exactly why he's in our first eleven.

He's not the most fluid with the ball at his feet, but he's there to be a beast and clear balls, which he does probably better than anyone else in our squad.

Much more of a threat from set pieces than any of our defenders too I'd say.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    cafctom said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with Leon whatsoever. Anyone at Birmingham can see exactly why he's in our first eleven.

He's not the most fluid with the ball at his feet, but he's there to be a beast and clear balls, which he does probably better than anyone else in our squad.

And against Leicester , yesterday he had a couple of shaky moments but in general he played ok

Was a huge part of ensuring our promotion to the championship as he single handedly stiffened up what was looking like a creaking defence
  • Options
    We will love him if/when he scores the winner against palarse!
  • Options

cafctom said:

And against Leicester , yesterday he had a couple of shaky moments but in general he played ok

Was a huge part of ensuring our promotion to the championship as he single handedly stiffened up what was looking like a creaking defence
    Agreed. He was also a big part behind our brilliant win at Oldham when we had our backs to the wall for pretty much half hour straight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's better than Carl, he's better than Carl

A step up from Matty Taylor IMO.
    I like him
    Struggled more than most with the monsoon
  • Options
    Played with Fuller in the Championship promotion season at Stoke