Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Cort

Comments

• Options
    I think sometimes people forget that you are not going to sign Rio Ferdinand as back up. How can anybody not see this as a positive is beyond me!
    I don't think Rio is good enough for our team Muttley :-0
  • Options
    Very surprised that he is prepared to come and sit on the bench.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Well hopefully he will have a belief that he can win himself a first team place - that is what you would hope even if he doesn't manage it.

He has been decent when he has played so if he gets a run due to injury or suspension or even loss of form he might see that as his opportunity.
  • Options
    Its a good signing , we know what we're getting and he knows us.
  • Options
    The best thing about Cort signing is that Docherty isn't on the bench for Saturday.
  • Options
    And despite what some say, most League One clubs would be more than happy to have the Doc as a 4th choice back up - remember he was an influential player for Norwich when they stormed this league not so long ago. Please read this properly - I'm not saying he should be in the team but 4TH CHOICE - that isn't bad.
  • Options
    When we got Cort I was expecting him to be in the 1st team really quickly but obviously the way the season has gone SCP can't really drop anyone. I would have thought there must have been some Championship teams after him.
  • Options
    Not going to get a better player willing to sit on the bench on a L1 budget. Won't be first choice but a much better backup than the Doc.
  • Options
    And despite what some say, most League One clubs would be more than happy to have the Doc as a 4th choice back up - remember he was an influential player for Norwich when they stormed this league not so long ago. Please read this properly - I'm not saying he should be in the team but 4TH CHOICE - that isn't bad.

THIS
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Very surprised that he is prepared to come and sit on the bench.
    Having read the article on the OS, 2 things stand out:

1) He's been in the game for a long time and knows that his chance of a regular 1st team chance could come sooner or later - it only takes an injury to a CB and he is in.

2) It's apparent that he likes it at Charlton!
    This is a place where he enjoys coming to work, likes the people he works with and the vibe here.

And his roots, family and friends are not so far away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Happy. Fits the bill this season and should we gain promotion. No fee is very good business.
  • Options
    Brilliant news. This with (maybe? probably?) Danny Haynes is making me feel much more positive. We've got a hell of a squad to choose from.
  • Options
    He'll be able to teach young Yado a thing or two.
  • Options
    Taylor or Morrison are bound to get injured or suspended at some stage and we all know that we simply can't have the Doc running around in a Charlton shirt. Nor would you want to throw young Mambo in at, say, Huddersfield away, so it looks a decent bit of business. Perhaps the club might ideally have preferred a shorter contract, but there was no way that Cort would have signed up for anything less than 18 months. Hopefully, he can do a job at Championship level in any event, should we get there ( if we don't, we are unlikely to be able to hold onto Morrison anyway ).
  • Options
    Anyone else think he offers us something different or is it just me?
  • Options
    Different? maybe. But not better than the present pairing on current form. Good to see him on the bench rather than the Doc
  • Options
    I just feel his aerial ability outnumbers what the other two have ...
  • Options
    I agree but I wouldn't change what we have right now.
  • Options
    If it ain't broke don't fix it. He's happy on the bench and the majority are happy that Doc isn't, lets hope it stays that way because it means we are still going strong with no disruption.
  • Options
    Good player but as said, he's all about the aerial ability. He'd be good against long ball teams but taylor is more mobile.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard Cawley ‏ @RichCawleySL

Cort also reveals that he turned down interest from Sheffield Wednesday and US offers before signing 18-month deal with #cafc.
    38m

Richard Cawley Richard Cawley ‏ @RichCawleySLP
    And we've also got an interview with Leon Cort, who reckons it might be next season before he gets more first-team starts at #cafc
  • Options

Cort before signing 18-month deal with #cafc.
    for 38m

Henners i know Crawley speaks absolute tosh but 38Mill and you believed it come on mate

• Options

Cort before signing 18-month deal with #cafc.
    for 38m

Henners i know Crawley speaks absolute tosh but 38Mill and you believed it come on mate

Mate, you know who the real owners are and you know that is small change for them.
  • Options
    True i always suspected the Maaaasive were in the know with how much we have spent but 38m for Cort getting out could be risky
  • Options
    True i always suspected the Maaaasive were in the know with how much we have spent but 38m for Cort getting out could be risky
    Now agent Megson's cover has been blown no need to keep the pretence up.

• Options
    Looks like he played the full 90 minutes as Mexico beat Guyana 3-1 on Friday.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/round=258368/match=300181899/index.html
  • Options
    Ricky Shakes? Probably get some medicine to help cure that.

Isn't he the Ebbsfleet player?
  • Options
    Ricky Shakes? Probably get some medicine to help cure that.

Isn't he the Ebbsfleet player?
    Sounds nasty, doesn't it? He is, indeed, the Ebbsfleet player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Shakes
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    He's no great Shakes .....although he played over a hundred League games for Swindon and Brentford in a 3 year period before joining Webbedfeet.