Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Cort

Comments

• Options
    not according to my research, it is Tom Henning Hovi so Tom Hovi is correct
    OK I stand corrected here...
  • Options
    Here's another 8 letter player, who despite playing for England in 1923 still posts on here!.........Seth Plum.

;o)

• Options
    What has any of this got to do with Leon Cort signing ?
  • Options
    What has any of this got to do with Leon Cort signing ?
    well if his name is short he can sign quicker ;- )

PS SHG, have you seen the shirt sponsorship thread.  Curb-it was trying to contact you.
  • Options
    Henry clogging again
  • Options
    Do we take the name game hijack of this thread to mean we're underwhelmed by this signing? Normally we bang on that because he now plays for us he's going to turn into Bobby Moore overnight.......
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Burnley fans didn't like him, nor did mngmnt by the look of things and he did nothing there.  PNE fans were desperate, with a defence as holey as a pair of lacy knickers and thought he was jesus christ almighty...well "a rock" to quote their fanboards, though even they conceded he wasn't fast.  I'm hoping CP can get the best out of him and the opportunity to show his worth and be part of a season-winning team will motivate him to do the necessary for us.  We've been a little spoiled by all our fancy signings of late, this time last year we'd have been making up new songs for him....
  • Options
    To the tune of "Postman Pat"

"Leon Cort Leon Cort
    Doesn't get booked, he's a jolly good sport"

I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    lol i like it for all the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    edited September 2011

CAFCofficial
    Charlton Athletic FC

The on-loan Cort could make his international debut v Barbados or Bermuda - but will miss the Brentford and Tranmere games (MW) #cafc

CAFCofficial
    Charlton Athletic FC

Defender Leon Cort has been called up by Guyana for next week's World Cup CONCACAF qualifiers (MW) cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetai… #cafc

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yay .. Doherty will be on the bench
  • Options
    Yay .. Doherty will be on the bench
    Who was it who said he would be gone by the end of August again? ;)
  • Options
    If he is going to miss games because these countries play during our season, makes you wonder if its worth having the loan.   Who pays the wages when they go missing ??
  • Options
    If he is going to miss games because these countries play during our season, makes you wonder if its worth having the loan.   Who pays the wages when they go missing ??
    Their just qualifiers. He will only miss one league match.
  • Options
    Their just qualifiers. He will only miss one league match.
    That's a relief, thanks for that info.
  • Options
    Mrs MoG's new Hero !
  • Options
    Could we call our game off because we've got internationals or is it only in the championship?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could we call our game off because we've got internationals or is it only in the championship?
    I think you have to have three players absent on international duty, or be in the CCC/prem.
  • Options
    Thought he played really well yesterday , considering how much game time he's missed recently , he coped with the aerial threat of Brentford well , stuck his head in where it hurts and didn't hide on the pitch.
  • Options
    Got some great goal bound blocks in too - yeah I agree
  • Options
    As a few journos have said, he would be a starter in most League One clubs plus a lot of Champ clubs too.
  • Options
    Leon played really well against Brentford and was a genuine threat in the sir. Great to have a decent centre half like him as back up to Morrison and Taylor
  • Options
    We are very fortunate indeed.
  • Options

Why was Taylor dropped anyway? Or was he just rested?

• Options
    My guess is that with 2 games in 48 hours, Chrissy decided to inject some energy into the team through the spine.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Why was Taylor dropped anyway? Or was he just rested?

I think he was rested , when we played Brentford away , they bombarded us in the air all the time , perhaps also CP thought Cort would be best suited for this game, to counter the aerial threat?
  • Options
    I thought he was one of our better players. The only problem was his positioning (but that was soon fixed) and the ball at his feet. In the air he was top class. Great player to have around. Morrison mentioned that he's learned a lot off of Leon Cort too.