Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Cort

Comments

• Options

Strange how people see things differently. Me and mate talking during the game that despite being about the tallest bloke there he never won a header, until the one where he gave the foul away on the edge of the box. 
    Thought he was poor in the air and positional play a little out but he hasn't played much so that's excusable. Worked really hard and got his body in the way numerous times so showed that he's good enough.
    Wouldn't want him over Taylor or Morrisson though.
  • Options

Why was Taylor dropped anyway? Or was he just rested?

The OS suggested that he was rested.
  • Options
    Thought he came in and did a very decent job without much team time under his belt. Threw himself into blocking several shots and looked comfortable. No complaints and agree that we are lucky to have him on the bench.
  • Options
    Thought he defended quite well, threw himself at a few balls which is always nice to see. 
    Did think he had his arms draped over Brentford players a little too often, but he seemed to get away with most of it. 
  • Options
    think he played a big chance in their late miss - Hamer certainly congratulated him afte Donaldson shot wide.
  • Options
    He got recalled to Burnley and has had his contract terminated by mutual consent, not sure if he will sign perm for free.....or we go for Osbourne from the Bees as he is now transfer listed

Haven's seen Osbourne play - anyone rate him ??
  • Options
    I supppose the danger is that if he is not good enough for Burnley in the championship that he won't be good enough for us if we get promoted, so the alleged 18 month contract could turn out to be a dead weight round our necks for 12 months
  • Options
    Looks like we now need to go and bring in another CB, if not Cort, someone else. Think it will all depend on whether or not Cort would be happy to sign as a back up or fancy his chances on getting 1st team football elsewhere.

Think that Taylor maybe got the nod as it's more important to keep your own players happy, but if he signs for us then that's different....................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three CBs isn't enough to be going on with though. We were looking for another CB when we had Cort so I wouldn't be surprised if Powell was looking to sign both Cort and Osbourne
  • Options
    I supppose the danger is that if he is not good enough for Burnley in the championship that he won't be good enough for us if we get promoted, so the alleged 18 month contract could turn out to be a dead weight round our necks for 12 months

I think your right Kap , it could be a concern further down the line?
  • Options
    Three CBs isn't enough to be going on with though. We were looking for another CB when we had Cort so I wouldn't be surprised if Powell was looking to sign both Cort and Osbourne
    Rubbish Pardew went half a season with only two ... oh praps your right.
  • Options
    Seems bizarre that they terminated his contract with 18 months to go. Surely they could have sold him in the summer?
  • Options
    Seems bizarre that they terminated his contract with 18 months to go. Surely they could have sold him in the summer?
    But who'd be crazy enough to have him.......................oh, wait...........
  • Options
    I think Preston terminated Hayes's contract in the summer even though it was well known we were in talks with him.
  • Options
    can see the headline now...

Cort in as Doc leaves
  • Options
    Surely as he has been a decent squad member, we will just offer him a contract. Would be difficult to find better to sit on the bench IMO.
  • Options
    Surely as he has been a decent squad member, we will just offer him a contract. Would be difficult to find better to sit on the bench IMO.
    Who says he will be happy sitting on the bench? He's done that for the best part of 2 seasons.

He's a free agent, he won't get first team football regularly with us. I reckon he will be off elsewhere.
  • Options
    Why didn't he go on loan elsewhere? Surely it is down to who offers him the best deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why didn't he go on loan elsewhere? Surely it is down to who offers him the best deal.
    He signed in August. At that point our CB partnership wasn't settled. It is now and he isn't one of the two. No idea if we can do any better for a bit part player. But that is irrelevant. Its about him and imo he won't sign a deal with us.
  • Options
    He maybe corting other offers!
  • Options
    A player is not going to agree to the termination of an 18 month contract unless he knows he has a firm alternative option - in this case that must be us. However, I suppose that doesn't stop him looking around too, but my bet is that he will sign for us, and it will be an 18 month deal as that is what he had. I'd be happy with that outcome.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    A player is not going to agree to the termination of an 18 month contract unless he knows he has a firm alternative option - in this case that must be us. However, I suppose that doesn't stop him looking around too, but my bet is that he will sign for us, and it will be an 18 month deal as that is what he had. I'd be happy with that outcome.
    That's what I think. We've already engineered this type of things a few times in the last year or so. I can't recall them all, but pretty sure we did this for Paul Hayes & Kyel Reid. We get their clubs to cancel the contract (to get them off the wage bill), the player agrees, as he signs a new one with us. Everyone's happy.
  • Options
    Few weeks ago Crawley said we were going to sign Cort on a permanent deal, reckon that will happen before Saturday
  • Options
    According to some Exeter fans Taylor wasn't good enough for League one, SW fans thought that Morrison was no good either...

• Options
    Headline perhaps: "Charlton Cort Out" ?
  • Options
    That's what I think. We've already engineered this type of things a few times in the last year or so. I can't recall them all, but pretty sure we did this for Paul Hayes & Kyel Reid. We get their clubs to cancel the contract (to get them off the wage bill), the player agrees, as he signs a new one with us. Everyone's happy.
    This was how we got Matt Spring; Luton cancelled his contract &he signed for us on a free.
  • Options
    sign him up.
  • Options
    sign him up.
    YE!