Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Chesterfield Post Match Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    All in all a great day out.  Team looks confident and have some real class in Stephens and looked solid at the back.  Impressed with waggy and both full backs did well too.  Was steaming by the end of half time so second half isnt so clear but my girlfriend put on her first ever bet for 3-1 at 10/1 before the game so think ive started 2 new addictions for her in 1 day.

We should get promoted playing like that, far too good for L1
  • Options
    Chris powell looked completly shatterd at the end of the game, loved the way he tried to push the tunnel back you tube link below..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQPwzuDsA08
  • Options
    SCP needs to learn the fine art of making substitutions at the right time. Hayes had a cracking game IMO but he was clearly knackered and needed to be subbed no later than 60 minutes. Given that SCP is saying that he didn't tell the team to drop off and defend the lead, subbing Hayes for Kermogant on the hour mark would have a) shown the players that they should be attacking, not defending and b) given Hayes a break before some of the idiot boo boys got on his back for a couple of wayward touches.

The new boy made a decent debut and his hold up play for our third was excellent, keeping the ball for that vital few seconds to allow Waggy to get into postion to cross the ball into the danger area.

All in all, great game but still work to be done.

Oh, and Solly is still my player of the season so far. BWP may grab the headlines but if there's a better right back in the division than Solly I've not seen him yet.
  • Options
    Think Powell is probably waiting for Alonso and Green to make the bench, then he'll have more options available to change the game, at the moment I get the feeling Hughes/Euell are only there to make up the numbers at the moment, hence they're not being used until very late on in games.
  • Options
    Chris powell looked completly shatterd at the end of the game, loved the way he tried to push the tunnel back you tube link below..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQPwzuDsA08

Nice one, Adam !
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Just been reading the Chesterfield forum. Some of them are saying that the handball was a stonewall penalty:

"the handball was blatant it was 2 handed pushed into the ground"

Having looked at it several time on iplayer I'm wondering if these guys were at the same game?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b015cvr4/The_Football_League_Show_2011_2012_24_09_2011/

The incident is 44 minutes in. I've seen them given but the description on the Chesterfield forum seems at odds with what I'm seeing. What do we reckon?
  • Options
    I thought it happened outside the box initially.
  • Options
    There were some people in the lower north who once we conceded the goal to make it 2-1 immediately started shouting "bring on a sub Powell"
     and "he hasn't got a clue"

To those people I would like to say "shut up and take a look at the league table you idiots !!"

These were not the £5 guys but season ticket holders
    Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion but if it could involve a pinch of common sense it would be much appreciated

and yes someone is tired this morning :o)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    The player was sliding to block facing away from the ball when it hit his hand so you could undertsand why ref didn't give pen as he clearly had no intent. Some refs would have given it though and I do wonder if the application might not be simplified to say if you hand ball, deliberately or not, it is a penalty. There was a freekick for us where the defender had his hands up but again I don't think had intent to handle so you can see why managers get so infuriated. Our penalty that never was was a much clearer penalty though so methinks Sheridan protests too much.
  • Options
    just spotted BDL on the you tube video having a peter griffin Denim day...  ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    just spotted BDL on the you tube video having a peter griffin Denim day...  ;-)

Haha, I remember one Sunday night back in the day doing Charlton Live and Dave turned up to the Time FM studios wearing nothing but Ugg Boots and a Sombrero. Vic from Charlton wasn't happy....
  • Options

PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Spoke to my Arsenal season ticket holding boss about the game. He took his kids.

He was impressed with the first half, but couldn't believe how deep we dropped in the second.

Gave Solly mom and was impressed - he hadn't realised he was at Arsenal. He liked the CB and Wiggins. Also mentioned CM pair. Felt that the extra bit of class that BWP has shone through.

• Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Yes, when we are comfortable we tend to stand off a bit - needs work that as from Powell's comments for that and previous games it isn't tactical.

Sure we will sort it out sooner rather than later though and we have won 7 , drawn 2 and lost none so not much is wrong.