Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey to Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    Good reports about Jonjo's debut for Blackpoool.

Checked the Beeb's stats and see that Bristol City had 59% of play  - and lost 5-0.

• Options

Checked the Beeb's stats and see that Bristol City had 59% of play  - and lost 5-0.

it aint what you got it's how you use it !!

from the brief TV highlights JJ had a good game, he's got the Adam role at Blackpool and I suspect he could be a part of another successfull season for Happy Hols and his merry men

• Options
    What a goal!

I think he will get regular games there. Fits their style too. Good move.
  • Options
    *Seriously*

Anyone heard from "Uncle" ?
  • Options
    Yes.  He's fine, and not coming back to The Valley until we lose, he's a bit superstitious like that.
  • Options
    Yes.  He's fine, and not coming back to The Valley until we lose, he's a bit superstitious like that.
    Well he could come back here, tell him. I really enjoy his news about JonJo.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Hope I'm not being a kill joy here but personally I am not 'that' interested in hearing too much about ex-players to be honest or other folk using this board as a platform to tell us on an on-going basis....sure, the odd bit of info here and there maybe but I'm not particularly interested in hearing too much about 'em.

After all, I'm exclusively an Addick and it's all I can do to keep up with our own current squad to be honest without creaming my pants over what ex-players are or are not acheving elsewhere. 

• Options
    Probably not best to open a Shelvey to Blackpool thread really then.
  • Options

I'ts a tough one Plaayer because I suppose it is football related after all........but I just don't want to be continuously reminded that's all.

Let's move on.

• Options
    I like to keep up with Shelveys development.

Good goal for him at the weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm only jokin Soundas I apologise if it was abrupt I forgot the smiley.

Personally I quite like hearing about how our old players are getting on for some reason. In fact I'll still look to see how players like Konch are getting on now he's at Leicester.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I guess that after 54 years of watching our best players continuously leave the club I've had enough of hearing about their exploits long ago.
  • Options
    So as Plaayer said, don't open the threads, plenty of stuff gets put on here that I don't want to read, so I don't click on it. Plenty of other people DO care how one of our acedemy players is getting on, should they be punished just to suit you?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    It is an annoying trend that people enter into and post onto threads saying something along the lines of "Don't want to talk about this, doesn't interest me". 

These days it's on practically every thread.
  • Options
    Almost as annoying as:

"This"

or

"+1"

If that is really all you can be arsed to type, why bother at all :(
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It is an annoying trend that people enter into and post onto threads saying something along the lines of "Don't want to talk about this, doesn't interest me". 

This

It's scary how weird some people are
    I have minimal interest in music/lyrics or flowers in football names , am I some sort of genius that I can ignore them and control myself from commenting that I'm not interested
    And when someone is clearly on a wind up people can't refrain from getting in a spat with them , if you just ignore them they will go away bored that no one has made a comment about their comment(feel free to ignore me)

I am very interested in what jonjo is up to and all ex charlton players to a point...
    And who didn't have a grumble when the spurs fans were singing scott parkers name and seeing defoe out there and jenko , although not to bothered/bitter about jenko cos he wouldn't get in our team atm , I suppose defoe would struggle to as well , although the way half this freak show waffles on no one would have watched that brilliant game of football on sunday cos it's the premiershit ..... Weirdos
  • Options

Not that you have ever done that Chunes.
  • Options

Not that you have ever done that Chunes.
    I haven't mate!
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Chunes old duck, you've been posting on message boards for years so I and you know full well you have mate!

Unfortunately I can't come up with any examples but I'll bet somewhere along the line in one of your thousands of posts you have.............. or at least something very similar.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    It's not impossible I'll grant you that. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This

It's scary how weird some people are
    I have minimal interest in music/lyrics or flowers in football names , am I some sort of genius that I can ignore them and control myself from commenting that I'm not interested
    And when someone is clearly on a wind up people can't refrain from getting in a spat with them , if you just ignore them they will go away bored that no one has made a comment about their comment(feel free to ignore me)

I am very interested in what jonjo is up to and all ex charlton players to a point...
    And who didn't have a grumble when the spurs fans were singing scott parkers name and seeing defoe out there and jenko , although not to bothered/bitter about jenko cos he wouldn't get in our team atm , I suppose defoe would struggle to as well , although the way half this freak show waffles on no one would have watched that brilliant game of football on sunday cos it's the premiershit ..... Weirdos
    +1Winky smiley thing.

I find it odd that people need to tell others that they don't care. I wonder if they sign up to other club's forums and let them know this too?

Due to his age Jonjo didn't leave us as a complete player. He showed immense potential and I for one am very interested to see how he progresses and will take pride if he ever turns out for England.
  • Options
    Where do you guys think Shelvey end up?

I think he's total class and, when Gerrard retires, he could make it at Liverpool!

More likely a lower half Premeirship side but, if he never wins an England cap, I'll be shocked.

• Options
    I think he'll eventually take over Gerrards place and play the role that Gerrard does and stay at Liverpool

When he gets to 30/31 he'll come back south to West Ham
  • Options
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11669_7223779,00.html

Dalglish says Shelvey has a future at Liverpool.
  • Options
    terrific goal yesterday against Burnley
  • Options
    Lucky to be on the pitch to score it. Poor tackle just before half time, which if he connected fully with the left back's shin, would have been a red, not just a yellow.

• Options
    Yes, a quality goal - and he had some decent contributions earlier in the game too, starting too look like his old self again.

We will be able to check his progress out for real in 11 months time when he is playing for Blackpool (a mid-table Championship side), against Charlton (a mid-table Championship side).

He can have a chat this season with Carlton Cole (i'm just waiting for Chelsea to recall me to the big time 2004), but they will both have to wait a bit to chat with Scott Sinclair (i'm just waiting for Chelsea to recall me to the big time 2008).

Unless of course, Liverpool recall him to the big time.
  • Options
    Lucky to be on the pitch to score it. Poor tackle just before half time, which if he connected fully with the left back's shin, would have been a red, not just a yellow.

Couldn't really have argued too much if it was a straight red as it was - was one of those borderline tackles. Have seen people go for less. Poor challenge.

Good goal though. Hope he does well there.
  • Options
    Almost as annoying as:

"This"

or

"+1"

If that is really all you can be arsed to type, why bother at all :(
    This.
  • Options
    Was a quality goal from him yesterday. He seemed to be the spark in their team in the 2nd half.