Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey to Blackpool

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to apologise for my comment directed at Large. It was unfair. This is all about opinions.
  • Options
    Been recalled to Liverpool from Blackpool due to Lucas injury.
  • Options

I hope gets a decent run in the team, not really a like for like replacement for Lucas though. Maybe Charlie Adam will be used in a more defensive role when Shelvey is in the team.

• Options
    Not so much a replacement more just keeping midfielder numbers up, what with Stevie G becoming more and more absent.
  • Options
    Has he stopped running like a girl yet?
  • Options
    Has he stopped running like a girl yet?
    Depends on which girl
  • Options
    One that's not very good at running.
  • Options
    Not so much a replacement more just keeping midfielder numbers up, what with Stevie G becoming more and more absent.
    Keeping myself fit for a move south in the January transfer window.............
  • Options
    good for him. Wont jump striaght in team as Spearing n Henderson still ahead of him. But still shows he is in Daglish thinking.
  • Options
    spearings sending off and probable 3 match ban pushes jonjo nearer liverpools first team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Won young player of the month whilst there, a nice interview with him on the beeb. Talks about still watching charlton on the football (we dont show charlton) league show

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16209712.stm

• Options
    Well done Jonjo!  Fully deserved. Now make yourself permanent in Liverpool's first team.  
  • Options

starts at villa today for liverpool , playing just behind suarez

villa without bent or agbonlahor

• Options
    What I can't work out is how Sunderland got £16 - 20 million for Henderson, yet you only got just over a million for Shelvey. Shelvey is by far the better player.
  • Options
    Ssssshhhhh don't talk about him!
  • Options
    Very proud to see him starting today.
  • Options
    Great flick from shelvey for there goal
  • Options
    Jonjo shelvey is trending on twitter to .

• Options
    Jonjo shelvey is trending on twitter to .

Which actually means ?

I know it means there are a lot of people talking about him on there, but more specifically ........

• Options
    Means its one of the top topics being tweeted about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2011

What in the whole world ? There are more people in the world talking about JJ than anything else ? Can't be. That's why I was looking for specifics  :-)
  • Options

What in the whole world ? There are more people in the world Talking about JJ than anything else. Can't be. That's why I was looking for specifics  :-)
    Just in the uk.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What I can't work out is how Sunderland got £16 - 20 million for Henderson, yet you only got just over a million for Shelvey. Shelvey is by far the better player.
    Maybe because Henderson had played in the premier and was an England international ? Just a thought

• Options
    To be fair... Henderson is sh*t. 
    Shelvey is having an absolute stormer!
  • Options
    shelvey wasn't good enough for a league one team at the time (well in the managers opinion at the time)
  • Options
    Another dig at Parkinson. Wonderful.
  • Options
    I think the words the manager at the time said were

" too good for a third division team "

And he didn't know how to utilise him
  • Options
    Maybe because Henderson had played in the premier and was an England international ? Just a thought

And did you see him play for England? More importantly, have you seen him since?

So, £19 million extra for playing jn the Premier, but being an inferior player? Just a thought. 
  • Options
    I agree that Shelvey is a better player , no doubt. But Hendersons cap and experience are obviously what pushed the price up , that and Sunderland not needing the money like we did
  • Options
    Shelvey said himself this week he got too big for his boots

Funnily enough this is the exact thing that caused him to fall out of favour I heard (from a good source)

I'm glad he's doing well - and just remember we may not have a team to support if we hadn't sold him when did