Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Wed view of us (Powell to be saked lol)

Comments

• Options
    Crikey. They're a delusional bunch aren't they?!
  • Options
    Eh, most of them seem relatively level headed, seem to underestimate us though... which is of course a very good thing. If they think they've already had a rough patch they're going to learn a very tough lesson!
  • Options
    It's amazing how they are not impressed by us considering we are top of the league. We are there by getting more points than the others so we have beaten more teams than them
  • Options

, All the time we are top of this division we are the team to beat. Weve had 2 dire games this season. One against Wednesday and drew. The other against Stevenage and lost 1 0. They lost 5 1. I don't believe they bounced back by mauling a side just outside the playoffs either.

Owls fans are mugs (generalisation). Megson is a mug (fact). Preston have a couple of bad results and "the wheels have come off" so theyre going to buy Neil Mellor. Let's hope we don't lose a couple on the bounce or our team will be lining up to get into hillsborough.

The only result theyve had that was better than ours was a home win against Scunthorpe. 3-2 v 2-2. They lost at Stevenage 5-1, Bury 2-1 and drew at the Blades 2-2.

• Options
    Wednesday fans are mugs. Because they are third they are now going to come second there stupid. They dont have the consistency we have.
  • Options
    Someone please copy and paste this "Powell to be sacked" quote!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    "Charlton haven't overly impressed me so far to be honest. Had a strong start but mad a few mistakes recently. Huddersfield will win the league. We will finish second - FACT.
    that would be my guess too...
    though i have concerns over who the next charlton manager will be once powell is sacked... "

• Options
    they seem to think our run is luck rather than us playing well...
  • Options
    Most clubs have clueless fans , a few of ours were talking about megson being sacked
    They're gonna be in the mix like us
  • Options
    reading their board makes me think it will be so sweet  when they cock up like last year, they honestly think they have a much better side, and squad, than us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There opinion will be so heavily based on the game where we played them. And we havnt played like that much at all this season.

No reason why we cant get better either. Settled into the campaign now.
  • Options
    This is one of my favourites:
    "didnt charlton lose last week ......we are the form team and if we keep that form we'll be champions what they do wont matter "

Well actually it does matter what we do, if we have the same record as Wednesday between now and the end of the season we will finish above them, great logic!
    Also if you take the last 8 matches Huddersfield are the form team (20 pts to Weds 19, we have 17). The last 5 matches and they are both level. The only form table I can find that they are top of is the last 5 at home but looking at last 5 away they are 7th.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maybe they are underestimating us I like could be underestimating them. I honestly don't see them as our major threat and am confident they will fall away.
  • Options
    I thought Wednesday were the worst team I've seen at The Valley this season other than Carlisle.

Don't forget Stephens should've made that game 2 nil but missed a great chance.

They'll be in the mix but they come across arrogant and I don' think theres much between them/SheffUtd/Preston/MK etc

Huddersfield looks the strongest but it can all change in just a couple of games as we've seen.
  • Options
    They had one chance and scored from it and played the sort of football you'd expect from Stevenage. Personally thought it was disgraceful from a so called big club but they seem to have picked up and it does remind us that we need to master the anti football teams- not saying Wednesday are that now but they were that night.
  • Options

As an old bloke I can remember the glory days of SW. Although we had our Premiership adventure, and have hovered around the top Division over the years, they are probably delusional about their history.

Best of all, if our lads read this crap they won't need motivating when we entertain them !

• Options
    Thing is that we are not conceding goals at the moment unless they are pens or very deflected.  Even if we have not been playing at our best we still have been grinding out results and that is a very good sign
  • Options
    Typical football fans though, slating opposing teams whilst being blinded by your owns side obvious shortcomings.

Charlton are top on merit and we need to accept that, we're third and face two tricky away games this week, both sides will be in the mix come May, who will succeed? No idea but it'll be a rollercoaster of emotions
  • Options
    well said owlsonline
  • Options
    Typical football fans though, slating opposing teams whilst being blinded by your owns side obvious shortcomings.

Charlton are top on merit and we need to accept that, we're third and face two tricky away games this week, both sides will be in the mix come May, who will succeed? No idea but it'll be a rollercoaster of emotions
    First sensible Owls fan i've spoken too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

First sensible Owls fan i've spoken too
    EVER.
  • Options
    (Only joking before somebody gets offended) 

I think owlsonline is spot on here. We are not even into November  yet. Anything could happen.
  • Options
    Any sensible football fan from any of the sides hoping to get out of our division this season would admit that they have no idea where they will be next May.  FACT!
  • Options
    Us, Huddersfield, both Sheffield teams are likely to be there or thereabouts come May. That seems reasonably clear, and to be fair most people would have predicted that even before the season began. BUT it is too early to be any more specific than that.
  • Options
    Any sensible football fan from any of the
    sides hoping to get out of our division this season would admit that
    they have no idea where they will be next May.  FACT!
    Sums it up IMO. And, to be fair, some of the posters on the Owls site
    said much the same, even pointing out their own rather spectcular tumble
    down the table last season. Something we ought to be very familiar
    with!
  • Options
    I disagree. I'm pretty confident we will be somewhere near the top. Wouldn't have said that last year but it's true that some of the definite statements that get thrown around are a bit ridiculous. It looks like us, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Preston, Mk Dons, Sheff Utd are the contenders at the moment. Can't speak for any of them but i think we will remaina  contender all the way through although not convinced we will coast it without a couple of signings at xmas.  
  • Options
    Was going to post on the Owls site but couldn't be bothered: A fair bit of talk on both sides about xxxx team, and yyyy team being not very good etc., but I think it's worth pointing out that when you're in League One none of the the teams you play are that good! We're just less bad than the rest at the moment. Having said that, everytime I've seen BWP play this season I've been surprised that he's not playing at a higher level. It'd be hard to imagine a better striker in this division.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Was going to post on the Owls site but couldn't be bothered: A fair bit of talk on both sides about xxxx team, and yyyy team being not very good etc., but I think it's worth pointing out that when you're in League One none of the the teams you play are that good! We're just less bad than the rest at the moment. Having said that, everytime I've seen BWP play this season I've been surprised that he's not playing at a higher level. It'd be hard to imagine a better striker in this division.

Disagree when you say we aren't a very good side, we'd hold our own with this squad if promoted. Not too much would need to change (at least initialy).

Yes of course we'd need to strengthen here and there to push on again but we have the basis of a very good side here, most of whom could play quite comfortably at a higher level.

• Options
    Rhodes & Madine both scored more goals than BWP in league
  • Options
    This can be taken both ways. We thought we were a bit reliant on BWP!