Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Wed view of us (Powell to be saked lol)

Comments

• Options
    I fancied Carlisle big time tonight, as despite the result Saturday, I was impressed with them. Loy scored for them,I'll say it again go get him Powelly. 
  • Options
    I suppose the only half decent thing to ever come from sheffield is the arctic monkeys.
    Correction. Not the only good thing to come from Sheffield. They're shite as well.
  • Options
    have to disagree, arctic monkeys are getting better and better.
  • Options
    Human League? No, as you were - bobhole.
  • Options
    I'd say Jess Ennis is another conrtibution from Sheffield.

But I'm delighted to see S'heff Wed lose, their delusional fans need to be taught that there not as big as they think they are.
  • Options
    Good shout Fred, Ennis is top notch.

I will say Pulp as a good thing from there. About it though.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Don't forget Sean Bean!

• Options

All i will say as a cautionary note to anyone going on there to have a little snipe at the deluded Sheff weds fans that believe they have a dvivine right to walk this tinpot pony league

wait till May we have been here before at the top of this shitehouse league and fooked it up before

go back to the thread in may when we are top still and certs to go up and they are in 5th or 6th fighting to stay in the playoffs and give it to them but until then just be smug and let them spout their shite

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Sheff Wednesady away is a game I am realy looking forward to. They are surely going to have to open up at home and what you can do against a limited team and a clinical team are entirely different. The reason we do so well away is that at home there is an expectation on most teams to play some football which basically is the kiss of death for them against quality football opposition. The few points we have dropped this season has been to sides that have set out to stop us (by any means) - I do believe nobody can go toe to toe with us but that is one small area we need to improve on (but we are a young talented side and I'm confident we will). Sheff Wednesday set out to stop us- I can't recall a team ever having less chances at the Valley. I have said all along, fair enough if Tranmere or Stevenage play  that way (although I wont praise them for it as I am a FOOTBALL fan)  but given the size of the club I'd be embaressed if we did that with a team that has title aspirations in League One.

Sheff Utd were going strong and we went up there and the quality told. But they tried to play football as did Carlisle. You have to respect those teams for that, even though if you do that against us it's a bit like a boxer fighting with his guard dowm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I loved reading that thread, some good banter there....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I was looking at their position in the league table.  I can see from there why they seem so confident, because although their away form is decidedly mid-table their home form is a perfect 7 out of 7.  That means that although they've already lost 4 times this season, most of their fans will have only seen a run of straight victories.
  • Options
    Looking at Norwich you can afford to lose around 9 and draw 8.
  • Options
    They had Gary Madine sent off as well so his suspension will be handy, he is the leagues top scorer as well as Wednesday's
  • Options
    I'm with NLA on this one - it makes me a bit nervous to be enjoying schadenfreude just now.  We've been here before and we've bolloxed it up before.

Let's wait until May and see how it turns out, eh?
  • Options
    I'm with NLA on this one - it makes me a bit nervous to be enjoying schadenfreude just now.  We've been here before and we've bolloxed it up before.

Let's wait until May and see how it turns out, eh?
    agree, let the points do the talking.

We are going to be biased, as well they, toward our own team.

More interesting would be to ask Carlisle fans who impressed them most.  As Weds go to Wycombe on Saturday we can ask them the same
  • Options
    It's also a bit embarassing to see people going on their forum and gloating - a surefire way of making yourself look extra stupid if/when the inevitable dip in form comes....their fans are only reacting in the same way that we would if someone from a rival club came on here giving it the biggun....if anyone doing that posts on here, for gawd's sake please give it a rest.
  • Options
    It's also a bit embarassing to see people going on their forum and gloating - a surefire way of making yourself look extra stupid if/when the inevitable dip in form comes....their fans are only reacting in the same way that we would if someone from a rival club came on here giving it the biggun....if anyone doing that posts on here, for gawd's sake please give it a rest.
    +1 This
  • Options
    I fancied Carlisle big time tonight, as despite the result Saturday, I was impressed with them. Loy scored for them,I'll say it again go get him Powelly. 
    Was that their left midfiled/forward?  Good spot.  I think he looked very decent in a team that weren't firing.  I'd never heard of him before.
  • Options

done a bit of research Rangers lad, who was loaned out in SPL and who they signed last season.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I suspected they (Carlisle) would get a result last night. I knew Wednesday wouldn't be able to outplay them as we did on Saturday, and they did show spirit the way they kept it a 4-0 despite being a man down - and always tried to play the game properly. To be honest I thought they were going to win that one more comfortably. Maybe Wednesday are a bit better than I thought they were- not much, but a bit.
  • Options

done a bit of research Rangers lad, who was loaned out in SPL and who they signed last season.

He should have signed for Tranmere then he could have been..............wait for it....

Loy of the Rovers

I'll get me coat!

• Options
    Sheff W fans really grind on me. They still think they are gods gift when they aint got a foot to stand on! 
  • Options

He should have signed for Tranmere then he could have been..............wait for it....

Loy of the Rovers

I'll get me coat!

If only his first name was Savva - Suzisausage might have married him!
  • Options
    Dont really care what a few sheff weds fans think, the table doesnt lie, but it is also a bloody big marathon, not a sprint...
  • Options
    I came out of a gig last night and checked the results. To see we won was great and to see they lost to the team we wiped the floor with on Saturday gave me a rather wide childish grin.

And as for the best band to come out of sheffield being the Northern Artic Monkeys? Pulp was far superior in my eyes.
  • Options
    Def Leppard
  • Options
    Joe Cocker
  • Options
    Michael Palin
  • Options

Heaven 17, Richard Hawley, The Longpigs

not forgetting Living In A B...