Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Wed view of us (Powell to be saked lol)

Comments

• Options
    the full monty !

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Human League (pre Dare), Cabaret Voltaire.
  • Options
    Joe Cocker
    Agreed. What a voice that man has.
  • Options
    And a shout for ABC. Musically, Sheffield is relevant. Football wise, totally irrelevant.
  • Options
    Richard Hawley and, I think, Paul Carrack of Ace, Squeeze and Roxy
  • Options
    My Missus! (She hates football.)
  • Options
    Richard Hawley
    Saw him doing a couple of 'busking' sets on sheffield high street when I was a uni and one particular one in an old shop unit, very good
  • Options

I have fantastic memories of my student days in Sheffield so would never hear a bad word against it...for whatever reason I sided with Wednesday more than United so would love to see both us and them promoted.

• Options
    Didn't Peter Shirtliff come from Sheffield?
  • Options
    According to Wikipedia, he was born in Hoyland near Barnsley but he came and went back to Sheff W either side of his stint at Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I worked in Sheffield for a while and always sided with the blades myself.
  • Options

I have fantastic memories of my student days in Sheffield so would never hear a bad word against it...for whatever reason I sided with Wednesday more than United so would love to see both us and them promoted.

Defo more on the Utd me ;)
  • Options
    Valley Express is not free!!!
  • Options
    Hope Hudders manager goes leicester
  • Options
    still writing us off?
  • Options
    Yes. Saw one comment that said something along the lines of

" why are Huddersfield and Charlton so damn consistent, I still reckon we'll break them down"
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Don't think we're doing ourselves many favours on there, tbh. would much rather we let them write us off and then gloat when the jobs done...

and rest assured the job will be done. ;)   

• Options

Here they go again... I'm not saying we won't loose but geez wishfull thinking on there part!

Mark my words charlton will loose at least three games between now and the middle of february and if wright philips picks up a knock the charlton bandwagon will not only stall it will grind to a halt. I think hudds are the team we need to worry about. If not for some very dodgy refs decisions last season they wouldn't even be in this division. here again I can't see them maintaining the momentum because they don't have the strength in depth.
    A few hard cold pitches (remember not all the teams in this division have undersoil heating) will sort out who has the strongest squad.    http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/158325-lets-face-itwere-not-good-enough/page__st__40

• Options
    Starting to think that even if we smash this league with 100+ points they will still doubt our credentials.
  • Options
    Quite amusing to see their dislike for us. Slating us because they don't want us to be top for no reason, brilliant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Northern Monkeys who gives a rats arse what they think?

• Options

Another great quote this one is a diamond......lol

I think what's more annoying, is that people keep going on about Charlton full stop. I for one couldn't give a flying fook about them, and I can't wait 'til they come to Hillsborough and we stuff 'em and shut their gob shite fans up.         

• Options

quote "Who the fvck are Charlton, seriously.?

Do they play at the same ground as Brentford?

Or is it Orient.

That many London satellite teams I get mixed up."

wow.. real hatred. he cant work out why there isent a team called London FC i guess. That and he's anoyed that all these 'minor' teams are taking on the great steel living in the passed city.

• Options
    lol. Guess life is pretty dull in Sheffield
  • Options
    Blooming cheeky cockneys.....
  • Options
    Blooming cheeky cockneys.....
    that made me lol, completely different planet they're on.

They haven't been anywhere near the premier league for a few years now but you'd be mistaken for think they are manure fans with all the "we are a MASSIVE club with amazing history".

Literally laugh out loud if Megson bottles it and they lose in the play offs.
  • Options
    I find all this completely bizarre. Who gives a f*** about them? Seriously - where did this animosity towards us come from - have I missed something?

The only 'episode' I can recall between us and their fans was the last home game of the first premiershit season when we were relegated - they celebrated like they'd won the league for some reason. Can't recaall any other cause for either set of fans to dislike each other.

It's all a bit odd - and just a little bit pathetic, tbh.
  • Options
    It's cold up there, dulls the brain. 
    In all seriousness though, they can f*ck right off. 7 points off so far. 
  • Options

Another great quote this one is a diamond......lol

I think what's more annoying, is that people keep going on about Charlton full stop. I for one couldn't give a flying fook about them, and I can't wait 'til they come to Hillsborough and we stuff 'em and shut their gob shite fans up.         

Stuff us, that'd be good, although it would mean they actually try to play some football, something they didn't both with at the valley, far too with getting the handbrake on that bus up, total non-football team, what a joke.
  • Options
    They just wish they could live in london and support cafc... but instead they have to live in sheffield lol