Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheff Wed view of us (Powell to be saked lol)

Comments

• Options

"Well it's looking like Us, Huddersfield, and Charlton in a three horse race at the moment but Charlton don't convince me either, I even thought they were average when we played them at the Valley plus that was only their second win the the last six games for them and for large parts of the game today Carlisle played with ten men."

3-0 before they went down to 10 men you MUG!

• Options

"Personally, I'm not writing Charlton off. What I am doing though is putting your situation into context. You have a youthful team, you have a rookie manager, and you've only won 4 of your 7 home games this season despite only playing us at home of the real promotion contenders (Huddersfield are the same, dropping poor points at home with draws against the likes of Tranmere in your case and Leyton Orient in Huddersfield's case). A top home record is essential for teams looking for automatic promotion - your away form is what is keeping you in the top 2 and you'll be lucky if you maintain that all season!"

What a load of old rubbish. What if a team wins most away games and uses away games to keep in the top 2 ... then surely they will get promoted... I don't know what's in the water up there...

He then says "Most of the above is the main reason I'm glad Wednesday bought in experienced players and not the top youngsters from League One clubs like you guys did."

Southampton and norwich did what we did... oh wait they're now shitting down on them from the leagues above...

• Options
    Don't know why some of you are dicussing what the Wednesday fans are saying.

Let them talk negative about us we can prove them wrong and it's good we are being written off because it puts less pressure on us. Let's worry about our own team and prove these idiot's wrong.
  • Options
    Personally couldn't care less what some blokes from oop north with a whippet and a ferret think bout us, it's of no interest or consequence to me.
  • Options
    when Huddersfield lose Jordan Rhodes in January to wolves blackburn or Everton .............there season will be over
  • Options
    Doesn't seem insanely deluded.  Most think Huddersfield will be the team to beat so it's not like they're just bigging up their own side.  No need to get worked up the second anyone claims to think that we won't be marching straight out of the league.  They are just making a judgement call.  I think our squad may ultimately be a decisive factor, but we'll see.  We may rely on BWP a bit much, that's the only thing.
  • Options

it is going to be a long tough seasn which wil not be decided in october,

there will be 12 games in the final stages of the season that will define who goes up not the first 12

i reckon in the last 6 weeks 1 of us will break away

that could be

cafc

htfc

swfc

sufc

brentford

MK dons

i do think though we will buy another couple of players before the end of he season and i think one of them may well be a striker

• Options

I don't think their fans are any more deluded than some of ours. Clubs always rate their own chances more than anyone elses, its natural.

• Options
    Doesn't seem insanely deluded.  Most think Huddersfield will be the team to beat so it's not like they're just bigging up their own side.  No need to get worked up the second anyone claims to think that we won't be marching straight out of the league.  They are just making a judgement call.  I think our squad may ultimately be a decisive factor, but we'll see.  We may rely on BWP a bit much, that's the only thing.
    I'm not convinced that we do. Sure he's scored a lot (8?) but we also have goals from Kermogant (4) and Hayes (3) up front plus plenty from midfield (12 by my count) and even one from a full back (WIggy).
  • Options

I couldn't care less what fans from other clubs are saying, but the Sheff Wed poster who says that our home form isn't great & we are only top due to our away form forgets that we won at Sheff Utd & Notts County  and that although we lost at Stevenage, it was only 1-0 and not 5-1

On a like for like basis I would bet we are leading them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our home form needs to be solid and although we havent lost yet it is the one thing that worries me
  • Options
    Hudds will not sell Rhodes in January, he wouldnt go in January. Newcastle will get him in the summer as their next no.9.
  • Options
    Hudds will not sell Rhodes in January, he wouldnt go in January. Newcastle will get him in the summer as their next no.9.
    Why would he not go? If the opportunity to move to the Premiership came up (with the associated money) do you really think he'd turn it down and wait until the summer?
  • Options
    Yes i would, not as if time is running out with him.
  • Options
    Yes i would, not as if time is running out with him.
    ah but you have to take the chance when it comes along otherwise he would have bided his time at Ipswich. Also there is no saying that a Club that wants you in January will want you in the summer as a more attractive financial option may come along. Plus there are injuries, loss of form etc to take into account. No, if a PL club comes calling and Hudders accept the offer he'll be off.
  • Options
    I hope he does go in Jan, I'm planning a celebratory party for the occasion.
    I'm going to get drunk and p1ss on an owl.
  • Options
    That made me chuckle.

How nice would it be if we beat them on their turf, and yeah they forgot to mention the 5-1 loss to stevenage and losing to bury etc. 
    Watch them start calling for Megson's head when a few more results go against them. 
  • Options
    I hope he does go in Jan, I'm planning a celebratory party for the occasion.
    I'm going to get drunk and p1ss on an owl.

I'm calling the RSPB !
  • Options
    Hey didn't we beat carlisle 4-0 on saturday ? How did wendys do ?
  • Options
    Hey didn't we beat carlisle 4-0 on saturday ? How did wendys do ?
    I thought they were the division's form team ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha!

Silly b*ggers.
  • Options
    Hahahahaha owls may stop hooting tonight!!!!! Charlton Athletic Abu
  • Options
    I thought they said they'd had their 'damp' patch.

LOL
  • Options

Good we're picking up points that they're losing.

Still early on though fellas... could come back to get us!

• Options
    Isn't this their best team in years? Stay down wednesday you deluded bunch
  • Options
    Fcuk em - norvan munkees.
  • Options
    love the look of there page now.....they are raaaaaagin!!!
  • Options
    This could be a very long thread come May
  • Options
    I suppose the only half decent thing to ever come from sheffield is the arctic monkeys.
  • Options
    I'm sure yesterday they had ruled us out but looking on owlstalk now it would seem they are going to get relegated,