Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton are looking at swindon's Leon Clarke in a swap deal with Paul Benson !

Comments

• Options
    Please let this be true, Happy new year.
    and this from the fan of a club which signed Madine ... nutter of the year 2011 .. still a good goalscorer though
  • Options
    Leon is so thick, he makes Madine look like Einstein.
  • Options
    that Morrison bloke is pretty useless we signed from you too.
  • Options

like scoring in a relegation head to head with palace and kicking the advertising boards so hard he breaks a toe and is subbed!!.Like I said thick.

• Options
    you got your steins confused .... Madine is more Frankenstein (or rather F'Steins monster) than ol Albert ... young Gazza likes a row on and off the pitch, at least Clarke, so far as we know, has yet to narrowly escape being banged up for his sins
  • Options
    The same Gary Madine who was arrested for assault, and then for arson? Either you think that's a good thing or you don't know who Einstein was
  • Options
    He does look like he's had a few hot head moments, but CP has built a team here who all work hard for each other I don't think he'll disrupt that.

He also scored goals this year for a bottom table club, so we've got rid of Benno in a swap for goalscorer for free, sounds good business to me.

Plus Clarke is here in time to score his first Charlton goal at Hillsborough in a few weeks.

Wish Benno all the best as well, had a hard time here but he can score goals.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I don't doubt that he's thick. But we haven't signed him for his mental ability. Most of the England team aren't exactly clever. Rooney, Ferdinand, Cole, Terry, Defoe ad infinitum.

Anyway if we'd signed him as first choice then I can see why you might be happy. But he's a reserve striker fighting out a bench place with Paul Hayes & Jason Euell.

Can't wait for the 14th. Please play Bambi sorry Llera. Absolutely loved the way he tried to head the ball, missed, landed on his arse & gifted Walsall their 2nd added time goal & the winner. Classic, even by his standards. Mind you he can do a lot worse. Here's hoping.

• Options

Like I said thick.

Like 90th minute defending at Walsall thick ? or celebrating like a 90th minute winner ?  please confirm thanks.
  • Options
    It's not BWP facebook page
    Of course it is - he was posting updates on his phone during the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems a reasonable gamble, as BWP or Yan are bound to get injured at some stage and we also need someone who can make an impact from the bench. Benson has been out in the cold all season and we'd get practically nothing for him now with only 6 months left on his contract. Hayes has his qualities but is a bit anaemic and I suspect the oppo would much prefer to face him than Leon Clarke. If it works out, Clarke will get a contract; if not, he'll be on his way in the Summer, so he has every incentive to do the business.
  • Options
    Seems a reasonable gamble, as BWP or Yan are bound to get injured at some stage and we also need someone who can make an impact from the bench. Benson has been out in the cold all season and we'd get practically nothing for him now with only 6 months left on his contract. Hayes has his qualities but is a bit anaemic and I suspect the oppo would much prefer to face him than Leon Clarke. If it works out, Clarke will get a contract; if not, he'll be on his way in the Summer, so he has every incentive to do the business.
  • Options
    Being pleased that the team you're chasing for 1st place is signing the 4th top scorer in the league seems pretty thick to me!
  • Options
    Covered End has sussed it nicely.
    As 'Colin' once said, "he is worth a gamble.".Didn't come off for OPR but might provide good cover for Yann.
    Anyone know how long his contract is for?
  • Options
    If this does go through its a great bit of business by SCP and Clarke may be the natural goal scorer we need as back up to BWP.

Anyway good luck to Benson who is really out of favor here as is Clarke at Swindon so its a great move for all the people/parties involved.  
  • Options
    Don't worry what any thick northern Wendies fan Thinks

The sold Morrison for being shite and signed llera

We sign the fourth top scorer in the league (scoring goals for a bottom club which in my opinion makes his record this season even more impressive)

And he is signed as a replacement for a player who can't even make our bench

We still have Bwp and big yann as our main two strikers

Ignore the fan of the biggest team outside the prem they are soooooo massive that they are not top of the league
  • Options
    Have I missed something here? Is this a done deal or is it just (bored) people speculating based on not very much?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have I missed something here? Is this a done deal or is it just (bored) people speculating based on not very much?
    Sky are reporting it as a done(nearly) deal: 
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7402330/?

• Options

A done deal once the window opens.
  • Options
     is it just (bored) people speculating based on not very much?
    When is it anything else?
    What's your point?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers. So, not entirely based on some moody "BWP" Facebook account then.
  • Options
    Getting the 26 year old Clarke in a straight swap for a 32 year old who currently spends his Saturdays gardening isn't the worst deal is it?

I have to say that put like that it becomes a bit of a no-brainer!
  • Options
    I know it's only football rumours but a post on there is linking Wendy with Izale McLeod. So neither region owl or whatever. Please let this be true. Back at yer innit.
  • Options
    is this a permanent signing?
  • Options
    Sounds like a player with potential who has struggled to settle anywhere and subsequently has never had the run of games required to realise his potential. His most recent form suggests there is something there and 26 is a good age for a striker as he should be beginning to peak.

Sounds to me like a decent deal given the age and involvement of who we're swapping him for and therefore worth a punt. Much as I like Benno I doubt he'd score so prolifically for Chesterfield.

I'll judge him on his time with us. Sometimes it comes down to being at the right club at the right time in your career.
  • Options
    I think this could be a good signing. Obviously a handful and he scores goals. CP will get him working. :-) 
  • Options
    Hows Llera working out for you? 

Cheerio!

P.S. Thanks for Morrison.

• Options
    I think someone's on a Facebook windup, and got us all going, why would Bradley leak a transfer?

Unless he's off of course.....

Silly season has started folks!
  • Options
    From what I remember he's a Marcus Bent/Akpo Sodje type, pace, strength and height. Should be a handful if we get the best out of him.

Will trust Powell on this, do like the idea of this type of player as he should be able to play with BWP or alongside him. A smaller quick Ecclestone type from the Prem won't offer that.
  • Options
    It's not BWP's Facebook - its a BWP fan page/appreciation page