Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton are looking at swindon's Leon Clarke in a swap deal with Paul Benson !

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2011

Confirmed on the BBC website. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16365047.stm.

Edited - Seems like I am a  bit late on this one!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone know the breakdown of his goals , does he take penalties ?
    I know he scored a few early on for chesterfield
    I don't think a single goal of the 9 were a pen. Clarke won a penalty against us earlier in the season and the bald #10 ended up taking it, and scoring.
  • Options
    Best of luck to Benno.
  • Options
    Best of luck to Benno.
    Indeed. But even better luck to Leon Clarke, eh?
  • Options
    So long as his attitude is right, absolutely!
  • Options
    If it means we don't see Hayes lumbering about any more then I'm all for it
  • Options
    Confirmed on the OS
  • Options
    18 month deal? Really surprised we gave him a deal that long.
  • Options
    There goes the theory that we can just send him back if he causes trouble. Powell must be very confident about him and in Powell I trust...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need someone to shake bwp up been below par for a few games needs a rest tbh
  • Options
    Think he may start on Monday. BWP looks like he's carrying an injury to me.
  • Options
    If BWP doesn't start and is not injured then I'm a Dutchman.
  • Options
    Liked the YouTube clip above. Some very nice touches there and a good mix of finishes. Shows a bit of quality.

Scored goals with both feet as well.

• Options
    Benson got the winner for Swindon against Wigan today.
  • Options
    Move on.
  • Options
    Interesting. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard a rumour that some other players who used to play for us have scored when they've gone on to play for other clubs later in their careers.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Oh FFS! So we can't mention that a former player who's just moved on from us having had a bit of a mare in recent months has made a good start at his new club?
  • Options
    And Leon Clarke didn't score for us today.

Useless!

POWELL OUT!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

charlton are looking at swindon's Paul Benson in a swap deal with Leon Clarke!

• Options
    Interesting. I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard a rumour that some other players who used to play for us have scored when they've gone on to play for other clubs later in their careers.

Source?

It's getting a bit silly with all these rumours. If you've heard something then tell us where or keep it to yourself.

;-)
  • Options
    Swindon win 1-0.

Guess who scored...................
  • Options
    Di Canio?
  • Options
    Benson ? If you're trying to make a comparison with Clarke it's hardly fair given Benson starts for Swindon and Clarke is a squdie for us. Like comparing apples and pears. Benson has gone and that's good because CP didn't think he was good enough. Move on ffs.
  • Options
    Jeez chill out no one is comparing them, maybe people are happy for Benson, I'm glad to see him doing well.
  • Options
    ...and it's league 2
  • Options
    I'm happy for benson but the post by Miserabloldgit was not written just to say well done Benno. IMHO it was a bit of a snipe and given CP didn't rate Benson that's good enough for me.
  • Options
    It is Benno's level i am glad he has scored and played regular, but if like di canio says they will win the league, he better get used to the bench again
  • Options
    maybe people dont agree that benson wasnt good enough shooters, their allowed their opinion. Benson was a good player with a great attitude, Clarke has issues over his, when the going got tough I no which player I would have around. Having said that, I am just pleased for Benno, hope it works out well for him cos he deserves to prove he can score goals