Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any of you got a famous relative?

Comments

• Options
    no but worked in dixons in lewisham when 16 with a bloke who was an extra in scum.
  • Options
    my mother, through her maternal line is descended from Captain Cook.. the 'discoverer' of Oz
  • Options
    no but worked in dixons in lewisham when 16 with a bloke who was an extra in scum.
    You're related to Ray Winstone?
  • Options
    Not related but my line manager, the Vice Principal for Research at QMUL is Prof Evelyn Welch, the mother of Florence Welch, of Florence & The Machine...

• Options
    According to family rumour Thomas Hardy is somewhere in my family tree - this is the Thomas Hardy of the Battle of Trafalgar fame, not the novelist.
  • Options
    You're related to Ray Winstone?
    no bit when the day comes and i marry his daughter jamie he will be..

• Options
    My 2nd cousin is Alan Tankard who played for Southampton,Port Vale and Wigan!!
  • Options
    Tommy O Regan World Darts Champion is my mums uncle

Johnny Rotten is my Wifes Cousin
  • Options
    This didn't happen did it? Stop telling porkies were all onto you!
  • Options
    feck me oll's why would i lie about somthing as shite as that.. he said he was an extra think he went to drama school or somthing but ended up on lewisham high street knocking out shite matsui tvs to the local great unwashed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my mother, through her maternal line is descended from Captain Hook.. the 'discoverer' of Oz
    Do you know Peter Pan?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    my mother, through her maternal line is descended from Captain Hook.. the 'discoverer' of Oz
    Do you know Peter Pan?
    nah .. just the wizard .. n it's COOK not HOOK innit
  • Options
    feck me oll's why would i lie about somthing as shite as that.. he said he was an extra think he went to drama school or somthing but ended up on lewisham high street knocking out shite matsui tvs to the local great unwashed.
    Well you porkied about something as crap as being related to Paul Mackenna!
  • Options
    My great great uncle isolated Acetylchlorine from ergot in 1914 developed Sulphapyridine in 1939.
    Beat that.
    Do you mean acetylcholine?
    I do. Thank you for having heard of his magnificent isolation. Unfortunately the acetylcholine isolating gene didn't make it as far as me.
  • Options
    my cousin is called paul mckenna, so hows that a porky mate? christ almighty thats it for me folks..
  • Options
    Do you know Peter Pan?
    Judging by the 'Chat Up Lines' thread this forum is full of Peter Pans!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Do you know Peter Pan?
    Judging by the 'Chat Up Lines' thread this forum is full of Peter Pans!
    more like Walter Mittys methinks
  • Options
    According to family rumour Thomas Hardy is somewhere in my family tree - this is the Thomas Hardy of the Battle of Trafalgar fame, not the novelist.
    Do you kiss men too BFR? :-)
  • Options
    Do you kiss men too BFR? :-)
    You aren't my type ;-)

• Options
    my great uncle was a left winger for a few london clubs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Heckman

not bad stats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I am Carl Leaburn's Cousin and Ronnie Corbett is my Great Uncle

• Options
    My great uncle Teddy Morgan was famous.
    He played Rugby for Swansea in the early part of the 20th century. He was a doctor and took up a post at Guys Hospital here in London, so he then started playing for London Welsh.
    He was obviously a rare talent because he was selected to play for Wales and went on to get 16 caps and score 14 tries.
    In 1905 (now that year rings a bell no doubt!) Wales hosted the all conquering New Zealand All Blacks who had been unbeaten for some considerable time. They say it was one of the greatest days in the history of Welsh rugby.
    Before the game the Welsh national anthem was sung for the first time at a Rugby International and Uncle Teddy had the honour of leading the singing!
    However the day was far from over for Uncle Teddy.....he went on to score the only try of the game and Wales won 3-0! They were the only side to beat The All Blacks on that tour.
    He was then chosen to play for The British Lions, he played 4 times for them and captained The Lions twice.
    He later went back to South Wales and took up in general practice.....he then moved to Norfolk and started a surgery there, but sadly died at quite a young age in 1949 (69 I think he was)....a year after I was born. How I'd love to have met him.
    I've got some fantastic old brown faded photos and postcards of him.......how about that then!!
    So how about the rest of you Lifers...........I'm sure there are some facinating tales to tell?
    Great stuff Soundas!

I don't know whether this is of interest or not:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/4406662.stm
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited March 2012
    My cousin is Paul McCartney.

Another cousin is married to the son of Arsenal Kitman and former Womens team boss, Vic Akers, she is also Jools Holland's cousin
  • Options
    my great uncle was a left winger for a few london clubs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Heckman

not bad stats
    Used to coach football at Catford Boys School around 1963/64....little fella with blond hair as I remember.

• Options
    Thanks very much Len......the power of the internet.......incredible stuff!!
  • Options
    My great great uncle isolated Acetylchlorine from ergot in 1914 developed Sulphapyridine in 1939.
    Beat that.
    Do you mean acetylcholine?
    I do. Thank you for having heard of his magnificent isolation. Unfortunately the acetylcholine isolating gene didn't make it as far as me.
    indeed, a landmark discovery....I'm guessing henry dale is said relative? (If my memory serves me right)
  • Options
    My cousin is Paul McCartney.

Another cousin is married to the son of Arsenal Kitman and former Womens team boss, Vic Akers, she is also Jools Holland's cousin
    Lees wife? Or are there more sons?
  • Options
    Related to Mike V of Skateboarding fame, if anyone has played Tony Hawk Pro Skater he is in most of them and I think Tony Hawk's Underground is based on him.
  • Options
    I think the word famous is open to discussion.
    Oi Chirps,

Are you related to a left arm Kent bowler of the late eighties early nineties?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    No, played against him though. I was quicker in my day.