Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any of you got a famous relative?

Comments

• Options
    Steve Nash the basketball player (Canadian National Team) is my wife's second cousin.
    That's real fame! WHO????
    Steve Nash is probably one of the ten best known athletes in the US, and pretty much any other country where they play basketball.
    So? I don't live in the US and I have no interest in netball, never ever watched it.

I believe basketball is played in the UK so that means Stevie Nash must be one of the Top 10 best know athletes over here. Amazing. Who are the other 9 I wonder?
    Millions of people have heard of him but you haven't so he isn't famous.

Like that logic.
  • Options
    Sharon Stone is married to my cousin.
  • Options
    Neil from The inbetweeners is my wifes cousin
  • Options
    Is that Sly outta the Family Stone ? ... it's a family affair (Jesus, I am showing my advanced age again)
  • Options
    Is that Sly outta the Family Stone ? ... it's a family affair (Jesus, I am showing my advanced age again)
    Should maybe point out that it's a Sharon Stone, not THE Sharon Stone :-)

• Options
    Should maybe point out that it's a Sharon Stone, not THE Sharon Stone :-)

you crafty ol crafty !!!!!!!!!! .. you mean NOT THE cross my legs and hope to die Sharon
  • Options
    My dads cousin is Chris Mullen, the MP heavily involved in freeing the Birmingham 6.
    Another of his cousins won an Oscar, Billy Williams, as the cinematographer for the film Gandhi.
    On my mums side, her cousin in Marty Morrisey, the commentator for the GAA Irish sports thingy.
  • Options
    I've heard of Steve Nash .. he's the 10th most famous American EVER .. including John D Loudermilk

bloody hell, a Canadian is the tenth most famous American EVER, that is what i call famous!
  • Options
    I must come from the most boring family ever.

No one is famous
    No one has ever achieved anything
    No one has ever got an A level
    Everyone is short
    Do you know Snow White?
    I always thought snow was white, why what colour is it?
    Sometimes it can be yellow!
  • Options
    I had an uncle who was one of the few people who knew exactly when he was going to die.

The judge told him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't eat yellow snow - well, that's what my late mum always told me!
  • Options
    I'll set you up Greenie, you knock em in!
  • Options
    I'll set you up Greenie, you knock em in!
    *Doffs cap*
  • Options
    My cousin is married to Ronnie Wood's (Rolling Stones) son!
  • Options
    @Curb_it yes, Lee's other half.

@Bournemouth I didn't say which Paul McCartney did I! ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    My cousin is married to Ronnie Wood's (Rolling Stones) son!
    Wood you believe it? Well I'll be Stoned....................what's that love tea's ready?...............ok just coming.
  • Options
    Just too add to the 'vague connections', my cousin is professor of film at Hull University, and an authority on British/american film.He has written books on Richard Lester, the Beatles director, Clint Eastwood and Alfred Hitchcock.
    My cousin is mike sinyardhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sinyard a bike manufacturer of alleged repute,

We ( please notice the we) have a family crest, and apparently can trace our family back to the norman conquest, the name derives from the french name 'seigneuir',: meaning lord, but as I am a friendly type you can drop the prefix. http://www.houseofnames.com/sinyard-family-crest. Not some fake crap...... All true I am afraid, and from someone that was dragged up on a Charlton council estate, my families fall from grace must have been dramatic. Still as they claim in football 'form is temporary and class is permanent'.
  • Options
    I was on Crimewatch

and police camera action

PoLice Interceptors
  • Options
    My cousin is Alastair Little the chef and my brother is brother-in-law with Jimmy Loach the film producer (son of Ken Loach).
  • Options
    I was on Crimewatch

and police camera action

PoLice Interceptors

when did you get out ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldnt catch me i was too quick

Evo's and Scooby's

couldnt catch the Golf GTI
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Bobby and Jack Charlton somehow? Sunbury_addick can probably explain as he told me years ago!!!
    My nan, from Ashington, was related to their uncle - 'Wor' Jackie Milburn.

Think, thru' your mum you are also related to Nick Heyward (80's singer) Haircut 100

Oh yeah - mum went on a date with Paul Walsh - but says she blew him out for me - you got lucky :)
  • Options
    If you ask my relatives, they will tell you I am the famous one.

Which given that I am a non-entity, is pretty sad.

I did adopt my CL name from Carlyle's description of Robespierre, though!
  • Options
    My dad was presented with his School Criket Prize by Haile Selassie. He also met John F Kennedy.

Always told me he thought Selassie had a bigger 'aura' around him.
  • Options
    My husband's fathers's cousin's son was married to James Hewitt's sister. 5179 in line to the throne way after Harry!
  • Options
    My cousin is married to the tv and stage writer, Tony Marchant.
    Lovely fella but, unsurprisingly, I'm not quite on his wavelength!
  • Options
    My dad was presented with his School Criket Prize by Haile Selassie.
    Selassie was King of Kings, Lord of Lords and the son of God, according to the Rastafarians.

Addickted, you do realise that like Maradonna, Jose Mourinho and Tony Blair, you, too, may have been touched by the Hand Of God!

• Options
    37 generations back (all recorded and verified) my direct ancestor killed Macbeth and then the bard, Shakespeare wrote a play about it all...
    Howzat?!! :-)
  • Options
    My dad was presented with his School Criket Prize by Haile Selassie.
    Selassie was King of Kings, Lord of Lords and the son of God, according to the Rastafarians.

Bloody good long distance runner n'all.
  • Options
    My great great uncle isolated Acetylchlorine from ergot in 1914 developed Sulphapyridine in 1939.
    Beat that.
    Do you mean acetylcholine?
    I do. Thank you for having heard of his magnificent isolation. Unfortunately the acetylcholine isolating gene didn't make it as far as me.
    indeed, a landmark discovery....I'm guessing henry dale is said relative? (If my memory serves me right)
    Good guess. Henry Dale was his partner in the acetylcholine business, but he did sulphapyridine by himself. His name was Ewins.