Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Cook. Permanent?

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
Only one game to judge so far but he was impressive. Might keep Jackson in his toes.
Great cross for the assist, something out of nothing which was what we really needed at that time in the game.

Always thought he was pretty decent and hope he has a future with us.

Comments

• Looked good neat and tidy and what a cross for the second goal
  • After that performance, yes. But I can't judge on a debut performance. I will make my mind up after a run of games.
  • No thanks
  • edited March 2012
    Not convinced yet. Some nice touches, thought his legs had gone half way through second half though. Almost fell 'A' over 'T' before recovering to put in a superb cross for Danny Nguessing to score with a good header. Gave us a better balance.
  • Not good enough for the champ. Maybe if we stay down
  • Better version of Green IMO (left sided obviously) - but perhaps a pacey alternative to Jackson is what we actually need.

Clearly nowhere near as bad as some decided he is after his first loan.

Would hope we can find better in summer, but he's a decent player.
  • I'd say keep him 'til the end of the season for now. Put Jackson in the middle next to Hollands, then decide then. No harm in keeping him if we can't find a better replacement over the summer though
  • Thought the guy showed some quality touches
  • Cook wouldn't have had the career he had (reasonable money move from QPR to Fulham) without some ability, and you could see some of it out there, a few nice touches in the first half, usually finding another ed shirt.
    He faded in the second half, and should have been substituted earlier - except then he wouldn't have done that excellent tackle and cross to set up the 2nd goal! A brilliant bit of play.
  • I thought he did well. Battled to get control of a poor free kick and put in a superb cross for Dany to get the 2nd we all needed! Some of the best corners I have seen in a while as well. Would be very happy to see him get a run and see how he looks - we obviously didn't see him at his best last time, although I actually liked him then too!
  • Sponsored links:

• No, not if we go up. Reckon we can attract better for our first 11 and he'd cost too much for a squad plauyer.
  • Not for me.
  • Was a fantastic cross for the goal.

I did think a couple of times though he had feet too quick for his brain - he'd have seven touches before the defender knew what was he was doing, but then wouldn't know what to do!
  • I think having Cook in the squad would be a very tidy acquisition. Need left sided player to cover Jackson and would prefer us to spend any real money we have on other positions as I doubt Cook would attract a fee ?
  • Premiership class cross for the 2nd goal, and good tackle to get the ball back in the first place. Looked ten times the player we had on loan four years ago, and would be a good addition to the squad next season if we go up. Also, he's out of contract.
  • If he was quicker he would be awesome
  • I was very impressed today but lets see how he performs in the next six games ,there were big rumours when he left the O's that he was bound for LA Galaxy in the summer .Cook is out of contract in the summer so would not cost anything.
  • He's got a good and accurate left foot and I think would link well with Yann, but clearly he's not
    match fit. I wouldn't be disappointed if he was to sign full time, the next few matches should allow CP to have a decent look at him.
  • i'd have him.

can't think of any left midfielders in the Champs that roll off the tongue.

if you've got quality in one or both feet, you don't always need pace.

• For a free transfer, definitely worth it. I thought a lot of the stick he got during his first spell was uncalled for. Clearly has a great left foot on him, something which is very hard to come by especially for nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• He looked tidy on the ball and clearly has a decent delivery. Flitted in and out of the game, but overall did ok.
  • Lets just see how he does the rest of the season.
  • Looked good today, pleased for him, he and Dany N' Guessan have made good contributions so far.
  • Christ everyone hated him when he signed. Still a good player, good as a champ squad player.
  • Good player but not sure with his Injury record that he would be good cover for Sick Note Jacko.
  • Let's give it a while longer...
  • Let's give it a while longer...
    This

• No thank you
  • Looked good neat and tidy and what a cross for the second goal
    This

• edited April 2012
    Put in a reasonable enough shift IMHO....nothing spectacular....not good enough to say yes or bad enough to say no.
    We need to see a bit more of him really.