Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Cook. Permanent?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't have minded if he was a couple of years younger. Harriott can't realistically be expected to play 46 games a season so we do need a good left wing option to rotate, not sure that's Lee Cook though.
  • Options
    Same as some others - wouldn't have minded maybe this time last year but I don't think he has proven himself to be top half Championship level in recent times.

We've outgrown him really.
  • Options
    too many cooks
  • Options
    We should have a look at this young player called Wagstaff. He's got potential and will be a backup and can play left and right.
  • Options
    Higher, Higher
  • Options
    Really hard to say without really knowing our financial position, but I'd like to think we could attract better.
  • Options
    Your 'avin' a lauf
  • Options
    I quite liked him when he was with us and injury free and cheap he may be worth a go but I would like to think we can do better.
  • Options
    I would rather one of the Academy prospects I'm afraid.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I would rather one of the Academy prospects I'm afraid.

Good idea, who have we got that could fill that role?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Harriott was the only winger out of the young pro's and second year U18s. Doubt anyone younger than that will be ready next season.

I expect we'll sign someone though we still have Jordan Cook under contract who might get a chance.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I expect J Cook will be out on loan.

I'd agree we need someone to replace Kerkar as cover/competition for Harriot - don't think either Cook is that man right now tbh.

We have Evina, Wiggins, Jackson, Haynes and maybe even Pritch who could all fill in on the left in varying degrees of emergency, but I think we need someone who could come in and play a chunk of games should Harriot get injured or suffer the kind of loss of form young players (and wingers in general for that matter) are prone to.

We're really looking for a player similar to Kerkar, just a bit better. I have no obvious suggestions who that would be though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Alan Judge Notts County :-) who can play wide left or CM.
  • Options
    Would very much depend on our finances as to whether I would want Lee back. He has a bit of class about him and if we are skint then we could do a lot worse. If there is some money then I hope we can look for better. In SCP I trust
  • Options
    Good god NO! I thought we'd got over the days of being interested with flotsam like Cook.. If we're getting rid of the likes of Waggy and got someone like him in, I would be VERY concerned.
  • Options

Your 'avin' a lauf

He's avin a larf.

• Options
    Would rather have Roger Cook on the wing than him!
  • Options
    In response to the Cook thread, the Martin thread and if anyone is sufficiently pissed to suggest R*con....

Nay, nay and thrice nay......

• Options
    Alan Judge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    The reason I posed the question is because Lee Cook is left footed whereas many of the other players quoted in this thread Jordan Cook,Alan Judge and Lee Martin are not.I would certainly have Judge,but in squad terms in place of Waggy rather than Kerkar.

Like others I hope there is a better option out there but how many naturally left footed wide players would come to us knowing that Callum Harriott has the shirt and they would only be a rotated player ? Ironically the fact that Lee Cook could not manage 2 games in a week for the O's might lower his personal wage aspirations and help fill this void.

Left footers are rare in football that is why I also argued in favour of keeping Salim Kerkar.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

If we were in league 1 it would still be a no from me

This.

Orient should tell him to do one. That interview basically has him saying "i want to find a bigger club but if no one wants me i guess i'll have to re-sign for Orient"
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

this 100%, he wasn't good enough in League 1

• Options

Nicholas said:

This.

Orient should tell him to do one. That interview basically has him saying "i want to find a bigger club but if no one wants me i guess i'll have to re-sign for Orient"
    I hope Orient are suitably flattered that this superstar is willing to travel to those awful little League 1 stadiums where hardly anyone turns up.

Wouldn't have him in my five-a-side team- and we really are desperate.
  • Options
    Evina, Wiggins, Harriott, Jackson and Fox down the left, Solly, Wilson, Green, Haynes and Pritchard down the right is enough cover Imo, Judge added to that list will be a bonus
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Take Jacko and Green out of those lists (Jacko stays in the centre, Green moved on) and replace them with Judge plus a right wing replacement and we're laughing. :-)

Judge can play CM too I believe.
  • Options

Judge can play CM too I believe.

Can he?
    Powell will be the judge of that
    :)
  • Options
    Haha very clever. ;-)

RB & LB - Solly & Wiggins

RB/M & LB/M - Wilson & Evina

R/CM & L/CM - Pritchard & Judge???

RW & LW - ??? & Harriott

What do people think? Not a bad balance in my opinion.
  • Options
    Alan Judge will be signing for us in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Alan Judge will be signing for us in the next few weeks.

On a scale of 1 - 10 where ten is certain. How sure are you ?