Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Cook. Permanent?

Comments

• Options
    We have all gone Lee Cook crazy
    Can't cook ... won't cook Nolly? :-0

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We have all gone Lee Cook crazy
    Can't cook ... won't cook Nolly? :-0
    'Can't won't cook what do you do'?..................wasn't that by Adam Ant?
  • Options
    If not for injuries Lee Cook would certainly have played in the Premier League and maybe even England.
    Really ?
    He should have played in the PL for Fulham and but for injuries would have done .

The comment about England is based around the fact that apart from Downing and Johnson there are no good attacking left siders in recent years and Cook in his prime might have been an option.

• Options
    Qpr fan woz telling me his contract not being renewed in summer think another league 1 club will snap him up
  • Options
    behave lol
  • Options
    If not for injuries Lee Cook would certainly have played in the Premier League and maybe even England.
    Really ?
    He should have played in the PL for Fulham and but for injuries would have done .

The comment about England is based around the fact that apart from Downing and Johnson there are no good attacking left siders in recent years and Cook in his prime might have been an option.

I "might" have been an "option" as well - but a bloody crap one!
  • Options
    Well, it would justify me having COOK on the back of my shirt for once..................................
  • Options
    This article is on the Sky Sports website late last night , it seems that he wants CCC footie and sees himself at that level.

I was impressed by him and feel he would add depth to the squad ,but I was concerned when he limped off at Preston .He leaves the door open to a permanent move .

Former Queens Park Rangers winger Lee Cook has set his sights on securing a move to a Championship club this summer.

The 29-year-old struggled to break into the first team at Loftus Road this season after making a full recovery from a long-term knee injury.

However, successful loan spells at Leyton Orient and Charlton put him in the shop window, with the experienced playmaker now a free agent.

He has now told Sky Sports that he is keen to return to the Premier League one day and prove his ability at the top level.

"I'm aiming for the Championship without a doubt because I know that I can still play in that division," he said.

"I'm confident of that happening from what my agent tells me, but I still have a lot of ambition and still want to be aiming for the Premier League again.

"I'm speaking to my agent every day, but a lot of the managers are away at the minute.

"Things will probably start to move again in the next couple of weeks and I'll keep ticking over fitness wise by going to the gym at QPR until I join a new club."

Charlton chance

Cook ended the season by helping Charlton secure the League One title, making four appearances, and he has not ruled out a permanent switch to The Valley.

He said: "I went there when they were flying with them top of the league by a good eight points and I went to help them finish the job off.

"Powelly (Chris Powell) brought me in and told me that a few of the lads were struggling and I could help with their final push.

"I had a good few games down there and training was really good too, so it was a very enjoyable spell and a great way to end the season.

"The loan stints were my chance to prove to everybody that I was fully fit again because I'd been out for over a year and it was one of those where people were questioning how fit my leg was.

"I started every game whilst at Orient, with ten games in the space of two months, so it was a chance to prove my fitness and I feel I've done that now.

"I just can't wait to join a new club where I know I'll be for a good few years and be able to help them achieve promotion, which I've seen happen at two different clubs in the last few seasons ".
  • Options
    HAs a bit of quality - a bit slow. Feels like League One- bottom of Championship is his level. Might be useful signing if cheap as cover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing against Cook, Ithink he did well with us this time but would rather a younger player like Wordsworth.
  • Options
    For me he's one of those that I wouldn't want to sign right now, lets see if we can do better while we have the whole summer to search. If we've brought no left midfielders in come august and he's still available then sure.
  • Options
    Not the type of player we need to continue moving forward.
  • Options
    all signings from now have to be better than what we already have and i don't think he is so would sooner not.
  • Options
    Not allowed to call him Powelly anymore, that's him pished his chips.

Did well last season and redeemed himself after his previous stint, but would rather take a punt on a younger option.
  • Options
    This is on Sky , looks like he is going to join the O's .Good luck to him.

Sky Sports understands Leyton Orient are poised to sign former QPR winger Lee Cook.

Cook is available on a free transfer after leaving Loftus Road at the end of last season.

The 30-year-old had a spell at Orient last term, scoring one goals in nine appearances for the Os.

Orient boss Russell Slade a big admirer of the left-sided midfielder and has been keeping tabs on his progress ever since his loan stint.

Slade has pushed the boat out to land Cook, fending off interest from several other clubs for the former Fulham man.

Cook's arrival will come as a boost to Orient after losing their opening two League One games this season.

• Options
    A good signing for them - high end League One Player- low end championship which is not our market thankfully.
  • Options
    Good signing for them though I expect he would have probably wanted something better.
  • Options
    England ... Wow
  • Options
    Remember that tackle and cross last year? Absolutely awesome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I suspect it will be a no from most of you on here but Lee Cook wants to leave the O's and is available on a free.Could he be someone to rotate with Harriott now Kerkar has gone?I think it is important we do not burn Callum out.

This was on the BBC site.

Lee Cook hopes he will be playing Championship football next season.
    The 30-year-old winger made 45 appearances for Leyton Orient this season but has not agreed a new deal.
    He told BBC London 94.9: "I had an injury-free season for the first time in a while.
    "I hope that with getting appearances under my belt I will get a bit of interest, maybe from higher teams. I am 30 years old and still feel I could play at a higher level."
    Cook joined Orient on a short-term deal in August which was extended until the end of the season after proving his fitness.

The former Watford, QPR and Fulham player has previously played in the second tier and he harbours ambitions of playing at a higher level again.
    "I enjoyed my football [at Leyton Orient] and that was the most important thing for me - to play football and get my name back out there," he added.
    "It's difficult to get yourself up for certain games in League One as you're going to grounds which have hardly anyone in them.
    "There were times throughout the season where I thought I don't really want to be playing in this division.

"You have got to get your head down, get on with it and prove yourself again. That's what I've had to try and do.
    "I do want to play higher. If it doesn't happen I will just have to prove myself again."
    Cook helped the O's to a seventh-placed finish in League One and he has left the door open for a return to Brisbane Road.
    "It was a successful year with the budget they have," Cook said.
    "We have a small squad and the boys pulled together and that is why we have done as well as we have.
    "They want me to stay there but the gaffer [Russell Slade] understands my situation. I might be looking to venture to other things but I am playing a waiting game.
    "I will speak to him again when I get back from holiday and update each other from there.
    "I don't know what will be happening."
  • Options
    no thanks .. whatever happened to Jordan Cook?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    2 years ago i would have been 'moderately excited' if we were being linked with him , now i'm thinking 'can we do better? ' i sincerely hope so , he's not a bad player , i'd just hope we'd set our sights a bit higher , which is a great reflection on what job Chris Powell has done in raising everyones expectations.

Must add that i do agree with you that we will need cover for Callum though , i'm sure CP has it in mind.
  • Options
    Your right, NO.
  • Options
    If we were in league 1 it would still be a no from me
  • Options
    Not in a million years
  • Options
    sounds very muggy in that interview
  • Options
    its a no from me
  • Options
    Norfolk Enchance. Would be a waste of money