Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sri Lanka v England 2nd Test

Comments

• Options
    Yep, Roger Knight.
  • Options
    Mahela is complete class !
  • Options
    Well, as Sri Lanka is only 'up the road' from Thailand, I took myself to Colombo to see the match. It was a very interesting first day. The wicket seemed pretty tame but England managed to eke out 6 wickets having struggled for long periods in the afternoon. However, they kept it pretty tight and were very competitive. If we can polish off Sri Lanka in the morning and bat well, we stand a chance. The locals say that batting last is not so good though, so the two 'ifs' may prove important.
  • Options
    England 26-0 (249 behind).

Just seen a CAFC tattoo on somebodies arm..............
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Currently 51 without loss off 21 overs....slow but steady progress.
    Strauss obviously very aware of recent media pressure re his lack of runs...he's playing very cautiously.
  • Options
    Solid start, 62/0. Have you got a charlton badge tattooed on your right shoulder thai malaysia addick? someone in the crowd does!
  • Options
    83 for 0 TEA
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    83 for 0 TEA
    Just listened to Kevin Whately (Lewis, Neville from Auf Wiedersen Pet) being interviewed by Aggers and he reckons England have taken good numbers away.

I suppose they could all live in Columbo or whatever it's called these days.

:-)
  • Options
    plastic fans len !
  • Options
    Did you hear Aggers interview Deadly at lunch Len? I would like to have heard that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did you hear Aggers interview Deadly at lunch Len? I would like to have heard that.
    No I missed that too unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I was listening on the way in to work this morning and Aggers was going on about how Underwood was a boyhood hero and he used to watch him on TV with the curtains drawn and all that. Making Deadly sound really old considering Agnew is 52 today. He bloody played against Underwood many times, ok at the latter end of Dereks career but the way Agnew was going on you'd have thought Deadly was more Fred Truemans era!
  • Options
    I was listening on the way in to work this morning and Aggers was going on about how Underwood was a boyhood hero and he used to watch him on TV with the curtains drawn and all that. Making Deadly sound really old considering Agnew is 52 today. He bloody played against Underwood many times, ok at the latter end of Dereks career but the way Agnew was going on you'd have thought Deadly was more Fred Truemans era!
    Deadly started at 17 or so in 1963 if memory serves me right and made his Test debut in 1966 I think so feasible but probably laid on in trowels for journalistic reasons.
  • Options
    Of course he did watch him as a lad but it's the way he went on about it and never mentioned that they played against each other. I watched Underwood as a lad too and would have played with him for Kent if they'd had realised my true potential!
  • Options
    Of course he did watch him as a lad but it's the way he went on about it and never mentioned that they played against each other. I watched Underwood as a lad too and would have played with him for Kent if they'd had realised my true potential!
    It should have been you but they picked the wrong Wren by mistake

:-)

Actually I think young Timothy was after Derek.
  • Options
    Tim is a bit younger than me. I could have had 5 good years with Deadly.

If only......
  • Options
    126-1 Strauss out.
  • Options
    154-1 at close of play.

Cook 77*, Trott 15*.
  • Options
    Good day that. Finally some application shown by the batsman in these conditions. Lets hope for more of the same tomorrow.
  • Options
    i'll take that, the way we've been batting recently. We need a decent total if we are going to win tis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As every over passes it makes the ommision of Monty look even more ridiculous.

Bresnan should have batted 7. Even the Sri Lankans were surprised at Monty being left out.
  • Options
    I learnt today that 82% of the wickets have lost in 2012 have been to spinners
  • Options
    He had a bad game in the first test so deserved to be dropped. The key tomorrow is avoiding the middle order collapse that most of us are half expecting.
  • Options

Bresnan should have batted 7. Even the Sri Lankans were surprised at Monty being left out.
    What, after the way he bowled in Galle? He was awful with the ball and his two dropped catches cost us the match
  • Options
    He had a bad game in the first test so deserved to be dropped. The key tomorrow is avoiding the middle order collapse that most of us are half expecting.
    If you work on that basis how does KP get a game? He hasn't had a decent knock in the 4 Tests this year.

Monty is a better bowler than Patel.
  • Options

What, after the way he bowled in Galle? He was awful with the ball and his two dropped catches cost us the match
    Anderson dropped two catches too. Most the batsmen didn't make any runs. You cannot say Monty lost us the match.

• Options

Anderson dropped two catches too. Most the batsmen didn't make any runs. You cannot say Monty lost us the match.

I was there and me and 7999 other English supporters thought so
  • Options
    Well that explains why you're called The Barmy Army.
  • Options
    Eng 223-2 Trott 56*

Cook was out for 94.
  • Options
    Lunch 239-2, 36 behind.