Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sri Lanka v England 2nd Test

Comments

• Options
    Just saw 3 lads sitting in a row all in CAFC shirts.
  • Options
    253-3 Trott out 64.
  • Options
    Love KP, taking the game from SL, one blow at a time.
  • Options
    KP batting like it's Twenty/20! Blows so very hot and cold, but glad he's in the groove right now. Just hope he can keep his head while trying to bring Bell into it now.
  • Options
    341-3
    (Pietersen 100* off 109 balls).
  • Options
    Well done KP, top ton.
  • Options
    KP smashed a ton. Shame he only does it once in a Blue Moon these days.

345-3
  • Options
    Pietersen is taking it to Sri Lanka, and they don't like it one bit! Enlgand's game to lose one would imagine. Shame KP is so inconsistent these days. Maybe too inconsistent to be in the team? When he's in the groove like today, there is nobody I'd prefer to watch.
  • Options
    Chirpy said :- "Pieterson should go. He always relied on his eye, that's gone now. He does not have the ability nor the temprament anymore for the highest form of the game."

• Options
    Bell end his innings with loose shot to midwicket.

347-4, 72 ahead.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    347-4 Bell out 18
  • Options
    Chirpy said :- "Pieterson should go. He always relied on his eye, that's gone now. He does not have the ability nor the temprament anymore for the highest form of the game."

I did indeed and I stick by it.

This winter - 2,0,14,1,32,18,3,30,105*

Two 100's in 2011, one in 2010 and one in 2009.

He's lucky to be in the team still.

• Options
    His celebrations at reaching 100 were ridiculous and embarrassing.
  • Options

347-4, 72 ahead.

was this a freudian slip?
  • Options
    Hardly.

You don't read many of my comments then?

I did a fantastic one a few weeks ago but no one picked up on it. I'll try and find it.
  • Options
    KP scored 88 of the 113 runs in that session, totally changed the tempo of this test, England now in a very strong position.
  • Options
    oh you da man chirpy
  • Options
    I read all you comments Chirpy. I just can't normally be bothered to reply.
  • Options
    FFS mate, will you lighten up! I thought I was Meldrew like, but you leave me standing..
  • Options
    Pieterson is a world class player but inconsistent.I feel that his arrogance gets him out on a number of occasions.To suggest that his eye has gone is an absolute nonsense.You would not be able to play the switch hit if it had.On another matter,he should not be playing for England he is South African as is Trott etc.The qualification rules should be simplified.For me you can only play for the country you were born in.I know that Colin Cowdrey and other players were born abroad but i think the rules should be changed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

347-4, 72 ahead.

was this a freudian slip?

Here it is. I accidently left out a "full stop" inbetween "to" and "Graham"

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1133604#Comment_1133604

2/3 of the way down.

Quite proud of that one.

• Options
    FFS mate, will you lighten up! I thought I was Meldrew like, but you leave me standing..
    Sorry fella but I have very strong opinions about him.
  • Options
    I read all you comments Chirpy. I just can't normally be bothered to reply.
    Nice to know I'm not wasting my time then....
  • Options
    Pieterson is a world class player but inconsistent.I feel that his arrogance gets him out on a number of occasions.To suggest that his eye has gone is an absolute nonsense.You would not be able to play the switch hit if it had.On another matter,he should not be playing for England he is South African as is Trott etc.The qualification rules should be simplified.For me you can only play for the country you were born in.I know that Colin Cowdrey and other players were born abroad but i think the rules should be changed.
    Let's have a look at his "eye" when he plays his home country later this year.

This Sri Lanka attack is quite pathetic by international standards. Boycs has been banging on about his Mum and sticks of rhubarb all tour.
  • Options
    381-5

Prior out 11

Thank the lord for Pietersen 128no from 142 balls. What a great player.
  • Options
    381-5

Prior out 11

Thank the lord for Pietersen 128no from 142 balls. What a great player.
    Absolute class.

• Options
    Best player I've ever seen....
  • Options
    Terrible shot from Prior, all he needed to do was knock the ball around for singles and twos, what a waste of a wicket.

KP now on 143 and looking great.....but agree that he should do this more often.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    400-5 Pietersen 145 from 157 balls. Just hit another MASSIVE 6, followed by a 4.
    Pity his "eye's gone". He'd be on 300 otherwise.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    411-6 Pietersen out lbw to left arm spinner Herath 151.
    A truly magnificent innings according to Beefy.