Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters 2012

Can Rory do it this year?, or will Donald or Woods have a say?

really looking forward to this, Sunday night without having to drag my arse out of bed bleary eyed on Monday morning

Comments

• Options
    My Three Bets

Lee Westwood 23-1
    Adam Scott 33-1
    Miguel Angel Jimenez 300-1 E/W
  • Options
    Only put money E/W on Mark Wilson so far, will go for Adam Scott and Nick Watney too.
  • Options
    Sang-Moon Bae 175/1 is my E/W bet.

9 tournys on the pga circuit this year, 8 cuts 2 top 10 and a 2nd :-)
  • Options
    Kaymer is a big price, like a mug I always back Poulter.
  • Options
    Westwood/Donald/McIlroy for me this year.........................I hope for a 1,2,3 in any order on those 3.....bets going on tomorrow
  • Options
    Good call John Boy
  • Options
    ogilvy
    day
    jimenez

each ways
  • Options
    Mcllroy and Woods for me,not the greatest prices I know but a couple win bets with an each way on Justin Rose.Think the best bet is Donald to beat Westwood in a match bet at Evs.
  • Options
    Fancy Rose, Poulter, KJ Choi or Keegan Bradley, don't think Westwood has the short game and Woods will be there or there abouts! Just hope fat Phil misses the cut.
  • Options
    McIlroy, Woods or Bradley for me. McIlroy because he's the best player on the planet right now and his game suits Augusta, Woods because he's getting back to his best and he knows this course like the back of his hand, and Bradley because he's quite long off the tee and his putting is very, very good.

Sang-Moon Bae is a very good outside shot - and Jason Day would be another I'd look at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fancy Rose, Poulter, KJ Choi or Keegan Bradley, don't think Westwood has the short game and Woods will be there or there abouts! Just hope fat Phil misses the cut.
    YES! Another FIGJAM-hater!
  • Options
    Justin Rose - in good form
  • Options
    This is Bradley's first time at Augusta so very unlikely he'll win. He'd also be making history for being the only player ever to have won his first two majors.
  • Options
    Mickelson, Rose and O'Hair for me
  • Options
    Just checking, if we bet on an outright winner e/w, what places are covered, top 2 or 3? Having looked on Sky Bet just now, Sang-Moon Bae is 200/1 to win outright but is 33/1 to finish in the top 5.
  • Options
    usually 4 or 5 but paddy power is top 6
  • Options
    oooh, off to Paddy Power I go :-)
  • Options
    I can't see the trees for the Woods.

He's been 4th last two years whilst being totally off his game, his head and this planet. He is back, he is confident, happy and playing very good golf.
    I think he will win comfortably, I hope so.
  • Options
    Woods is 33/1 to lead all four days in paddy power
  • Options
    Woods never has a good 1st round and always use to get a better price on him winning after 1st round and also oppose him in his 1st round 3 ball.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hence 33/1 for a punt that he may have Good first round and follow it on.

If your backing woods and mcilroy at combined odds of roughly 11/4 in a field that big then I'd be looking elsewhere for value to bump up them odds.

Garcia
    Harrington
    Oostheizan
    For me.
  • Options
    Mickelson was saying the greens are currently the softest they have been for a very long time - he thinks it is going to be a birdie fest. If that happens then Woods and McIlroy all day long as nobody will birdie as many holes as those two!
  • Options
    They were reviewing last year on Sky last night. Tigers 2nd on the par5 8th on the Sunday to set up his Eagle. The shot of the tournament. Thought he was going to win then but uncharacteristically missed some really straight forward putts on the back nine.

He won't miss them this year. He's back.
  • Options
    yep, I think Woods is the man to beat, if he has a half decent 1st round and is within a couple of shots then he could run away with it, thought the organisers might have sent him and Rory out together in the first 2 rounds.
  • Options
    hunter mahan @35, martin kaymer @84, rickie fowler @119 all betfair
  • Options
    Too early for Tiger for me. I know he won last week, but not sure he could win this just yet. I always think Sergio will come good at Augusta at some stage so will be on him.
  • Options
    I don't play golf anymore but I love watching The Masters
  • Options
    As I said to my wife the other day "Is it possible for me to reserve the BBC2 channel for the duration of this televisual feast?"
    She said "Why don't you talk properly?

But seriously it is a wonderful event to watch on TV. I didn't think I'd switch to SKY from the BBC but I do flick around. There is only so much I can take of Peter Allis these days. I love Ken Brown. People say about the adverts on Sky but when they're on the BBC are only chatting in their hut or Hazel is doing one of her same old interviews. I like Hazel but those interviews immediately after someone has finished their round are pretty boring.
    I like Butch on Sky and Ewan Murray and old Peter Oosterhouse but sadly they have Mrs Doubtfire again. His ridiculous carrying on last year about how McIllroy was "still in this" on the back nine was embarrassing. However the BBC also has those other bitter failures, James and Torrance.

HD is good and Sky are showing some in 3D too, that must be amazing. Also Sky has Thursday and Friday exclusive in UK and will also show selected holes live before the full LIVE broadcast starts.

I used to listen to 5Live too but it is so far ahead of TV now it ruins it and also on their team is bloody Chris Evans!! WTF????

The Masters is probably my favourite TV sports event of the year, any year.
  • Options
    Peter Allis is another Alan Green . Everything he says sounds bitter and twisted.