Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters 2012

Comments

• Options
    Peter Allis is another Alan Green . Everything he says sounds bitter and twisted.
    Get them both on here then :-)
  • Options
    I wouldn't quite put Aliss in the same box as Green. At least Aliss played golf. He's more like Fred Trueman was in his commentary days. Too much tutt-tutting about the modern game and it was so much better in my day blah blah....

Aliss annoys me when he doesn't know who a player is. He should know every player in the tournament he is commentating on.

He still comes out with classics though, like last years.... "Young McIllroy is taking us to parts of this wonderful course that even I didn't know existed, and I've been coming here for over 50 years!"
  • Options
    Paddy Power's money back special is tempting!! Bet on any player to win the masters & if Tiger Woods wins they will refund losing bets. Has to be worth a shot!
  • Options
    Trevor Immelmann top South African at 9/2,only 5 players in this section
  • Options
    Alliss is alright. Entertainment value rather than actual insight. Agree that Monty is dreadful - but the Sky coverage in general is better than the beeb's. Rob Lee is a bit stilted, but Murray and the Mighty Oost are good, and I love Butch Harmon - could listen to him all day long.

Also think that Sergio is a very good e/w bet - he's bang into form again since the middle of last year, and Augusta suits him. Would love him to break his duck there.
  • Options
    I'm going to bet on Oostheizan and Westwood each way.

• Options
    Just checking, if we bet on an outright winner e/w, what places are covered, top 2 or 3? Having looked on Sky Bet just now, Sang-Moon Bae is 200/1 to win outright but is 33/1 to finish in the top 5.
    will give this a try ... long shot but you never know
  • Options
    Gone for Day to win, McDowell, Watney and Zach Johnson (even though I hate him) E/W.

PS I love the masters but it is the worst coverage in the world, 4 days of putting and following Woods walk down a fairway while every other golfer doesn't get any coverage unless they chip in or hole a putt.
  • Options

Red Panda - Thought I would be the only one who thought that Mark Wilson was a very big price at 200/1 (BedFred) I also like Keegan Bradley at 33/1 and another outsider Kyle Stanley 100/1 all EW. Logically Woods, Rory & Mickelson likely to be in the shake up but you never know and there have been a number of surprise winners.
  • Options
    The Par3 competition was abandoned due to bad weather. Unfortunately more storms forecast for today and tomorrow. They don't hang about suspending play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Red Panda - Thought I would be the only one who thought that Mark Wilson was a very big price at 200/1 (BedFred)
    Same with Bet365, though he's now up to 250/1.

Also got a little E/W on KJ, he won't win but he often seems to have a good tourney there.

• Options
    Would love it if Donald or Westwood win it. Have gone for a few e/w bets at 33's to 150-1.

As for the coverage, Sky do it properly, veyr impressed last year & this year so far has been excellent. The BBC just doesn't have the money or resource to cover these events the way they should be.

Only downer for me is Monty on Sky, he just irks me.
  • Options
    so much better to watch golf live rather than on the telly. you can sit in the same stand all day and see all golfers play the same hole or follow a couple of plaers for a few holes avoiding the crowds. stopping off in the big screen areas to see other bits and bobs on the tv. so much more enjoyable.

can't wait for July and our trip to Lytham & St Annes!
  • Options
    backed Donald to win it, Jason Day and Sang-Moon Bae E/W
  • Options
    so much better to watch golf live rather than on the telly. you can sit in the same stand all day and see all golfers play the same hole or follow a couple of plaers for a few holes avoiding the crowds. stopping off in the big screen areas to see other bits and bobs on the tv. so much more enjoyable.

can't wait for July and our trip to Lytham & St Annes!
    I was at the first day at Sandwich last year and agree Suzi. I sat in a few stands, even had a small after lunch snooze in one. Sat on the18th green for the last two hours and it was lovely.
    I can't get to Augusta though this year as I've got to cut the grass on Saturday so I'll have to put up with TV.
    Seriously though, I was under the impression that tickets for The Masters were impossible to get but they're not. A certain number go to a public ballot, ok I'm sure it's not many but anyway I'm in next years. If you are successful they are not even that expensive, $75 per day.
  • Options
    can anyone really see Westwood winning a major?
  • Options
    Great start for Paul Lawrie, currently the leader in the clubhouse.
    Tiger's 2 under after 13.

McIllroy had a mare of a start with a double bogey at the first but I think he's just pulled one back at the 2nd.
  • Options
    When does the proper tv coverage start rather than all this chat ?
  • Options
    It's on SS1 now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to feel sorry for Stenson after that shocker at the 18th.
  • Options
    Except it leaves Westie in a good position. Nice to see Woods dropping shots. Great technical player but a charisma-free zone.
  • Options
    Except it leaves Westie in a good position. Nice to see Woods dropping shots. Great technical player but a charisma-free zone.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    got a bet on jiminez at 250/1 good to see hes made a decent start :) hopefully he can keep it going.
  • Options
    got a bet on jiminez at 250/1 good to see hes made a decent start :) hopefully he can keep it going.
    I got 300-1 and backed him each way - early days yet though.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Donald may be out of the whole tournament. According to Twitter, his scorecard has been added up wrong and signed. Could spell disqualification for him. :(

EDIT: Think its cleared up now and he is fine.
  • Options
    Westwood had a steady round and would be leading alone on -6 but carelessly double boggeyd the 18th.

Tiger is all out of sorts.
  • Options
    Quite happy with Garcia @ 75/1 and Oosthuizen at 90/1 so far.

Although I did have Mcilroy @ 66/1 last year and that was devestating to watch.
  • Options
    All set up for the weekend. Only Donald and woods look out of it.

Two moans about the sky coverage. Montgomery is a bore. To much coverage of woods once more. Thankfully he will have finished his third round before main coverage begins. However they will switch their love in to rory.
  • Options
    for all of you who backed Bae e/w 3 under on his round today, 1 under for the tournament through 7