Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's The Boat Race today.

Comments

• Options
    Nicely summed up Stig. Perhaps that is why I have little interest in the nags or the F1? I had never really thought about it from that point of view, not that I am much of a one for participating in sport, but perhaps the subconscious thought that I couldn't do it even if I wanted to is part of what turns me off about those activities?
  • Options
    Ha ha! Somebody, just swam across!
  • Options
    "he could've had his head cut off" Banter
  • Options
    Bet he didn't get through the interviews!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Well didn't see that coming. Lucky that they didn't row right over him.
  • Options
    The swimmer made it vaguely entertaining... For about 10 seconds anyway.
  • Options
    I see the BBC can drag the coverage out for a whole 2 hours!
    Looks like the bloody swimmer will double it to around 4 hours.
  • Options
    So who won then?

And who came second?
  • Options
    Broken oar now. What a farce.
  • Options
    Oxford down to 7 whores ... sooo sad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh dear, oh dear! One of the few sporting events the BBC still have and it falls apart.
  • Options
    to his oars, to his oars, he was saying goodbye to his oars, and as he was saying goodbye to his oars, he was saying good bye to his oars
  • Options
    Poor sod being carted off to hospital now.
  • Options
    He's toast, 4 or 5 minutes before anyone noticed :-(
  • Options
    Contraversial, the umpire kept warning Oxford on both inside and outside of bends,they were moving away and had no interest in a clash yet umpire was flagging them. Idea of class is nonsense, you just need to be bright enough to get to Oxbridge.
  • Options
    Contraversial, the umpire kept warning Oxford on both inside and outside of bends,they were moving away and had no interest in a clash yet umpire was flagging them. Idea of class is nonsense, you just need to be bright enough to get to Oxbridge.
    not so .. like US colleges, talented oarsmen from around the world are given a subsidised or free education in return for rowing for the university. I suspect that over 1/2 of the participants are from abroad.
  • Options
    Bit of an anticlimax after the oar broke.

I wonder what the bloke in the water was doing ? Makes it a bit of an organisation problem for coming boat races. They can't police 10 miles of the Thames bank.

Now no presentation as one of the Oxford crew collapsed at the end.

A bit of a farce this year.
  • Options
    Bit of an anticlimax after the oar broke.

I wonder what the bloke in the water was doing ? Makes it a bit of an organisation problem for coming boat races. They can't police 10 miles of the Thames bank.

Now no presentation as one of the Oxford crew collapsed at the end.

The swimmer was apparently making a protest against elitism.
  • Options

Whereas usually . . .
  • Options

Whereas usually . . .
    So tell me more?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Years and years ago, Princess Margaret always used to kiss the cox of the winning crew.
  • Options
    Years and years ago, Princess Margaret always used to kiss the cox of the winning crew.
    That's the third Cox joke in this thread....so far that is....any more folks?

• Options
    I hear that the Orient winger is signing up for the boat race next year because tiny cox are an advantage.
  • Options
    it is no good to have big cox in the boat race
  • Options
    That's the third Cox joke in this thread....so far that is....any more folks?

Plenty of cox watching on the river front. No doubt a Gant jumper thrown over the shoulders of a Ralph Lauren pastel coloured shirt.

• Options
    it is no good to have big cox in the boat race
    Why not? You can use it if your oar breaks :-)))
  • Options
    Made my weekend the cocking up of this farce.

Yes it did used to be a big thing but now it is totally outdated and the majority of people quite rightly don't give a hoot.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Years ago Cambridge would have acted like gentlemen and jolly good sports and declined the win, asking for the race to be declared void.
  • Options
    @Lincsaddick "not so .. like US colleges, talented oarsmen from around the world are given a subsidised or free education in return for rowing for the university. I suspect that over 1/2 of the participants are from abroad."

He wasnt talking about participating in the race, all he said was that you have to be bright enough to attend Oxbridge, as in to study.
  • Options
    If people don't give a hoot why did it make your weekend