Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's The Boat Race today.

Comments

• Options

The UK is basically kicking out someone for jumping in a river. How can that ever be justified?

Would've liked to have seen the prison sentence an English person gets for protesting. Probably community service.

Well that's not true is it.
  • Options
    Because he broke the law endangered the lives of the emergency services and those in the boats and doesnt want to abide by british law so he can leave its quite simple to understand

• Options

Because he broke the law endangered the lives of the emergency services and those in the boats and doesnt want to abide by british law so he can leave its quite simple to understand

He endangered the lives of no-one. At what point does jumping in a river endanger someone's life? Maybe if he landed on them sure, but he didn't.

Fact is, this was a peaceful protest, and is being blown completely out of proportion because it was on tv and he's an immigrant.
  • Options
    The boat race is held at the fastest tide, you need to experience how lethal the tidal thames is. An oar catching a body may have easily overturned the Oxford boat and had them swept under the barges by Barnes Bridge. Had he himself been clipped by a acarbon fibre blade he could have died himself.
  • Options
    He broke the law and is being deported, what's wrong with that? I'd provably face the same thing if I broke French law as an Englishman living in France and definitely as an Englishmen living in Australia.
  • Options
    If it happens again, leave them in the drink !
  • Options
    Release the crocs
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

He broke the law and is being deported, what's wrong with that? I'd provably face the same thing if I broke French law as an Englishman living in France and definitely as an Englishmen living in Australia.

I don't agree with him going to prison in the first place. Probably deserved some community service at best.

Britain it seems cannot deport preachers of hate, but jump into the Thames and you're out!
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

I don't agree with him going to prison in the first place. Probably deserved some community service at best.

Britain it seems cannot deport preachers of hate, but jump into the Thames and you're out!
    Yeah, we're not actually a million miles apart on this, my view is deport the lot of them (Law breakers)! One strike and you're gone!
  • Options
    If he had got in trouble whilst doing his peaceful protest who would have had to save him

The thames is not a river to mess around in it has numerous under currents is bloody cold and was at fast tide

Had he disturbed the boats anyone on there whom gets unbalanced sends the boat over and all on it are in danger

A malicious and desperate act of someone who craves attention is not a peaceful protest

The guy sitting outside the chinese embassy thats peaceful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By the way love your its because he is an immigrant line classic
  • Options
    In your younger days, you'd have loved it nla.
  • Options
    I am still young my hair has gone my body seems to have gone aswell but i am young in my younger days i wouldve kicked ten bells out of the fella had i seen him about to do it

I like the boat race its a great boozy afternoon
  • Options
    Is this about the Vietnamese boat people?

(One for the kids there)
  • Options
    He endangered lives not just his own. Unfortunately we set the bar globally for fairness and an appeal no doubt with legal aid will be overturned. Unlikely anyone but Germany would take our stance' most places he'd be out. USA crim record' goodbye. We close down coal power stations while China open new ones, courtsey of French influence who rely on nuclear. Currently in Spain, H&S a joke, hotel has dodgy railings everywhere,glad no kids with me. Our beaches are declared unfit but you can' t drink tap water in most of southern Europe. Time we demanded a level playing fielf.

Apologies, beer rant.

• Options

How rude i am serious 100% i hope he has to pay for his own ticket aswell

I dont care if his wife is pregnant he didnt think of her diving in the thames its not exactly a clean warm non tidal current river

I don't know how much you know about human biology but the event in question took place well over 9 months ago...

Makes me think he started flapping and knocked his missus up to try and beat the system, oh well.......
  • Options
    Agree with your preachers point though

All non british citizens that break the law should be gone
  • Options

I am still young my hair has gone my body seems to have gone aswell but i am young in my younger days i wouldve kicked ten bells out of the fella had i seen him about to do it

So your response to criminal activity...is to commit a criminal act yourself?
  • Options

So your response to criminal activity...is to commit a criminal act yourself?
    It's up to any individual if they fancy breaking the law, but once they do, there's no point in pissing and shitting about the consequences.
  • Options
    Was waiting for you to appear

In my younger days yes i wouldve now i wouldve restrained him by forcing his head to the pavement and held him there against his will until the police arrived

As a fine upstanding citizen of this great country

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Was waiting for you to appear

In my younger days yes i wouldve now i wouldve restrained him by forcing his head to the pavement and held him there against his will until the police arrived

As a fine upstanding citizen of this great country

• Options
    Give that man a hell yeah

A citizen arrest thats what i would do a brazilian old bill style citizen arrest
  • Options
    If the Thames is such a dangerous river probably best not to have a boat race on it at all, these things can easily capsize putting everyone on board and the emergency services who'd have to respond in danger.
  • Options
    Great answer
  • Options
    In no way is jumping in a river during the boat race a 'peaceful protest'
  • Options

In no way is jumping in a river during the boat race a 'peaceful protest'

How is jumping into the river in anyway violent?

He's been living here 11 years, presumably working the entire time he's been here. Why should he get kicked out after 11 years good service for our country just because he doesn't agree with an elitist occasion?
    You won't see the guy running across the French Open court getting deported out of the country in France. Or any streakers in a football game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It doesn't have to be violent to not be peaceful.

He's caused disruption and the emergency services have had to react. If one of the boats hit his head and he went under, required hospital treatment, would his wife have been at peace?

In all honestly tho i don't really care what happens to him.
  • Options
    Or he hit his head went under and drowned and she sued the country for not having enough security in place to stop him doing it

If he didnt agree with it stay at home and look after his wife

I hope he dont even get a chance to say bye and if he wants to appeal i hope gets no support financially to do it

I bet he will get legal aid and we can foot the bill for that aswell

• Options

BIG_ROB said:

Agreed SELR.
    Double standards.

• Options
    Yeah it is double standards, but instead of letting poor little Aussie boy off with a caution, deport the lot of them, hate preachers, Eastern European rapists, tax dodging Aussie/Kiwi/South African temps. the works.....