Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's The Boat Race today.

Comments

• Options
    What rob said
  • Options
    Just let the Brits get on with the law breaking! We do what we want, we do what we waaaaant, it's our country, we do what we want.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Just let the Brits get on with the law breaking! We do what we want, we do what we waaaaant, it's our country, we do what we want.

Jesus wept!

If a Brit breaks the law in the UK, they get banged up. If Johnny Foreigner breaks the law in the UK, they get deported. Its not a hard concept to grasp ffs
  • Options
    And their fare home paid for.
  • Options
    I had to pay my own fare when i got slung out of spain the bstds can i claim it back
  • Options
    Paying for their fare home has gotta be cheaper than.paying for their 8 bed gaff in North London
  • Options
    se9addick said:

If the Thames is such a dangerous river probably best not to have a boat race on it at all, these things can easily capsize putting everyone on board and the emergency services who'd have to respond in danger.

so let's ban F1, rugby (paralysis) Horse Racing (suffragette and others) power boats, rallying, TDF, sppedway, all motorcycle racing,scubas, sailing, and even football isn't without its dangers.
  • Options

se9addick said:

If the Thames is such a dangerous river probably best not to have a boat race on it at all, these things can easily capsize putting everyone on board and the emergency services who'd have to respond in danger.

so let's ban F1, rugby (paralysis) Horse Racing (suffragette and others) power boats, rallying, TDF, sppedway, all motorcycle racing,scubas, sailing, and even football isn't without its dangers.
    Yep that should do it. Crossing the street also brings with it the inherent danger of being hit by a bus, which of course would also necessitate the emergency services intervention.
  • Options
    What does a foreigner need to do to get permanently excluded from this country?

Ps I was born overseas.
  • Options
    Jump in the drink during the boat race?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think we all know it was a gesture that will be overturned. Read previous posts!!!
  • Options
    Pathetic and embarrassing. Maybe if he had driven drunk and killed a young girl or committed a terrorist attack here or abroad or murdered a few people in his own country or stole vast sums of money from his own country he would have been allowed to stay.
    He has been punished, the powers to be have had their pound of flesh, time to move on.
    Shame our government are not that good at deporting other undesirables
  • Options

What does a foreigner need to do to get permanently excluded from this country?

Ps I was born overseas.

In my view, a criminal offense in the first year of joining (outside of some small offences due to lack of knowledge eg. tax forms). After that only serious crimes deserve deportation, eg. Fraud, violent crime, preaching hate, or breach of work visa.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh come on, he's not being deported for "jumping in the river" is he.

That's like saying if he'd jumped out in front of the Queen at Trooping the Colour he'd just have been "crossing the road".

Or if he rocked up at Downing Street waving around a plastic gun he'd just have been "holding a toy".

Get rid of the f*cker. He made a conscious choice, so he now has to face the consequences now - whatever the system deems that to be.
  • Options
    Shame the likes of Abu Qatada or any of his brainwashed idiots who preach about destroying this country didn't get the urge to go for a swim instead. We might have stood half a chance of accelerating their deportations as 'public nuisance'

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't particularly want to defend the guy, what he did was stupid and annoying, but I can't help but think that some of you are coming overall melodramatic about the danger aspect. It's hardly a scene from deliverance is it?
    A bit of boat race history: Six sinkings, fifty-four soggy people, zero deaths. Also, if it's so dangerous being in the water, they'd better stop the tradition of throwing the winning cox in.
  • Options
    They throw the cox in by the shoreline.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    cafctom said:

Shame the likes of Abu Qatada or any of his brainwashed idiots who preach about destroying this country didn't get the urge to go for a swim instead. We might have stood half a chance of accelerating their deportations as 'public nuisance'

I thought that most of these "brainwashed" kids are British, so how can they be deported?
    I can't see how being deported after breaking the law in a foreign country can be seen as harsh or over the top. If he was a Brit, then yeah a nice fine and community service would probably have been suffice, but he ain't so good bye.
    Regarding the safety aspect; if he had have been killed, which could've been the case, where would that've left the boat race? Another British tradition consigned to history because of a farkin Aussie!
    Some of you look at rowing as a posh boys sport, but that's just as prejudice as saying football is just for hooligans. Look at the 1000's of people who line the banks of the Thames to watch, they're nit all Toffs! ffs
  • Options
    British tradition with only 6 out of the 18 competiting being British!

Hope whatever happens his wife and unborn child don't pay too harshly for his stupidity.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

They throw the cox in by the shoreline.

Dirty b*stards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    WSS said:

Hope whatever happens his wife and unborn child don't pay too harshly for his stupidity.

Once he made his protest and knew he could be facing deportation, he weren't the clever bastard after all and then made his 2nd mistake, getting his wife knocked up in an attempted to beat the system, but that back fired too. Oh well, he can take them to Oz....

Chuck another shrimp on the Barbie sport!!!
  • Options
    WSS said:

HaHa I'll treat that with the contempt it deserves!
  • Options
    Deport how can anyone think damaging statues of important people in our history is scceptable
  • Options
    Deport
  • Options
    Motrescu - I agree; deport.
  • Options
    Deport. No. Should be getting a medal for the equivalent of sticking 2 fingers up at the establishment that rules this country.
  • Options
    Let him have a crack at the statue of Cromwell outside parliament
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23036182

Should these people be deported?

It's a no from me.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23036182

Should these people be deported?

It's a no from me.

But if they were deported they would be sent back here and, as they are northern, it's a definite "no" from me.

Somebody better tell @Algarveaddick to cancel his Bingo for Biscuits night !