Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's The Boat Race today.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Everyone knows foreigners rules don't apply to Brits.
  • Options
    They are depraved criminals the lot of 'em. The police are quite right to ignore the drug dealers on the Strip and target pensioners playing bingo!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It sounds as though the Portuguese police are similar to ours in their ability to ignore real crime and pursue soft targets.

That said when in Rome although obviously that doesn't apply to people who come here unless they are Australian swimmers!

• Options
    You have to put it in perspective Len. Three vans and twelve police were deployed after apparently "staking out" the place for two weeks previously. Maz and Tony were putting on entertainment in order to boost their ailing income, to stay alive and carry on paying the taxes this failing economy desperately needs. Some people fined were in the bar just watching the rugby. A word in the ear and a warning was all that was needed.

This also comes on top of continuing police harassment of all and sundry for the most trivial of matters for the past three years, car boot sales are now a thing of the past thanks to armed raids in the past few months.

Most of this didn't impact the vital tourist industry, but now they have decided that our visitors are fair game for their bullying it is time to draw a line.
  • Options
    How about the 100m at the 2012 Olympics, was that a major, prestige British sporting event?

Remember the guy who threw the bottle at Bolt? Got a £1500 fine and community service.

• Options

How about the 100m at the 2012 Olympics, was that a major, prestige British sporting event?

Remember the guy who threw the bottle at Bolt? Got a £1500 fine and community service.

There wasn't enough liquid in the bottle for anyone to drown, though.
  • Options
    100% soft target. We cant deport a scum bag serial offender who drives over a little girl drags her body for 100 yards and drives away or serial rapists or someone who murders a Head master of a school or the afghans who threatened to blow up a plan or later one of the same who comitted rape-------------but we can deport an Aussie knobhead who jumped in front of the boat race ?

He wont get the boot the Human Rights Lawyers have won every battle in the last 15 years.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sends out a message," don't mess with the British, we're tough on crime" maybe.
    If this is the starting point where we are getting tough on foreign criminals or our own, fair enough but I really think its giving an easy target a double punishment.
    Its like kicking pupies that have weed on the floor, a bit over the top.
  • Options
    "tough on crime tough on the causes of crime" Tony Blair (unless my wife says no).
  • Options

Sends out a message," don't mess with the British, we're tough on crime" maybe.
    If this is the starting point where we are getting tough on foreign criminals or our own, fair enough but I really think its giving an easy target a double punishment.
    Its like kicking pupies that have weed on the floor, a bit over the top.

What he said

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Deport them back to blighty from the algarve and give them their money those thieving bstds took off them for trying to support the failing eu economy
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Oh come on, he's not being deported for "jumping in the river" is he.

That's like saying if he'd jumped out in front of the Queen at Trooping the Colour he'd just have been "crossing the road".

Or if he rocked up at Downing Street waving around a plastic gun he'd just have been "holding a toy".

Get rid of the f*cker. He made a conscious choice, so he now has to face the consequences now - whatever the system deems that to be.

Agree

• Options
    Really can't see what the problem is. Yeah obviously the real scumbags also need showing the door, but why anyone would want this cocky prick to remain in the UK is beyond me... Let his go and disrupt a historical sporting event in his own country! Oh hold on, Australia ain't got any real history
  • Options
    We should be able to deport any foreigner who breaks our laws.
  • Options
    Deportation to Australia? Hmm we've done that one ain't we?
  • Options

You have to put it in perspective Len. Three vans and twelve police were deployed after apparently "staking out" the place for two weeks previously. Maz and Tony were putting on entertainment in order to boost their ailing income, to stay alive and carry on paying the taxes this failing economy desperately needs. Some people fined were in the bar just watching the rugby. A word in the ear and a warning was all that was needed.

This also comes on top of continuing police harassment of all and sundry for the most trivial of matters for the past three years, car boot sales are now a thing of the past thanks to armed raids in the past few months.

Most of this didn't impact the vital tourist industry, but now they have decided that our visitors are fair game for their bullying it is time to draw a line.

The lady concerned was interviewed on the Today programme this morning and came over very well. My first thought was that they must have refused to pay a backhander to the local cops but from what you say it sounds more like a very short-sighted policy of fleecing tourists and the ex-pats for a few Euros to bump up the coffers.

As for old Trenton, I don't really care enough one way or another but it's certainly farcical that he gets this treatment when others who commit far, far worse offences are given leave to stay or are we are unable to get rid.
  • Options

We should be able to deport any foreigner who breaks our laws.

Exactly
  • Options

100% soft target. We cant deport a scum bag serial offender who drives over a little girl drags her body for 100 yards and drives away or serial rapists or someone who murders a Head master of a school or the afghans who threatened to blow up a plan or later one of the same who comitted rape-------------but we can deport an Aussie knobhead who jumped in front of the boat race ?

He wont get the boot the Human Rights Lawyers have won every battle in the last 15 years.

This .. although he should have his visa revoked at the very least to deter any larrikin who thinks he can just take the piss and get away with it .. having a laugh is one thing, deliberately sabotaging a major public event is quite another. As I wrote earlier, if the situation were reversed and a Brit on a temp visa was to upset the Aussies, he'd be gone, and quite right too
  • Options
    Very strong oxford team
  • Options
    I had to read 6 pages of shit just to get to one post about something I already knew and don't care about. What was I thinking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

I had to read 6 pages of shit just to get to one post about something I already knew and don't care about. What was I thinking?

I did the same! Was there yesterday.. supporting Cambridge as my girlfriend goes there!! (Shameless bragging Right there) disappointing day for them but a good excuse to get pissed and enjoy what sun we got!!!