Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rochdale vs Sheffield United

Comments

• Options
    TBF you're making hard work of it though, a few weeks ago you were 17 points clear of us.

If you were to lose Saturday it could be a very interesting finish thats for sure.

Think both Sheff teams will get 10 more points. Five point would be enough for us. We'll do that.
  • Options
    Just hope we can scrape another couple of wins............I know that promotion is the main aim, but it would be a great shame if we only came 2nd. Both Sheffield clubs seem to be unbeatable & are banging in the goals.........not really a problem but a win is easier if you can score 3,4 or 5 goals in a game rather than just 1 - I would hate to draw the last few games just because of the lack of goals.
  • Options
    Few weeks ago i'd say Orient might be difficult but after their last few game I can see United Winning on Saturday, Can see Carlisle beating you if i'm honest they have beat Us 3-2 United 3-2 and Hudd 2-1 at Brunton Park.

It's the MK away and possibly Stevenage home game that United might slip up at.
  • Options
    Right, lets get it right. One win, one draw, we're up.

What if we go into administration - hah you can't get more pessimistic than that

• Options
    I would fancy Carlisle if Lee Miller was fit, but people seem to forget we've put 6 past them already this season
  • Options
    Find it very odd that you both call eachothers fans pigs, does this insult derive from a certain past event? or just standard name calling?
  • Options
    Brentford for u will be a tough game , Carlise have lost their top scorer if you believe their manager which I don't , to be fair Oldham ran you close and should've had a pen before you scored ,

I see nothing from either side in Sheffield to worry me , united score goals but let them in ,

I said previously I thanku for both teams keeping us on our toes as if you didn't like when we went all those points clear we wouldn't be as focused as required to keep going till the end

Your biggest and best chance is to claw back the gd on united but to do that you will leave yourself open

• Options
    there is no evidence to suggest either sheffield club are going to catch us. we are 6/8 pts clear, we have the better goal differance,we have been top most of the season ,we have lost the least amount of games. we are the best team...........so stop blowing smoke up the other clubs arses and big up what we have done!!!! addicks v weds 4pts gained, addicks v utd 6 pts gained work out why we are top.
  • Options
    Can't rely on gd! If we lose 2 and utd win 2, they will have the better gd. Just got to keep winning til the games run out!
  • Options
    was using gd as an added example of our dominance of the league, its not even going to be an issue. we are winning the same amount of games . they can only get 3pts a win . the same as us . people should look at what we are doing for a minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was talking about Sheffield weds catching united gd ,

We won't get caught
  • Options
    The internet police will allow that comment and also concur Off_it ;)

(friends?)
    I'm friends with everyone Charlton mate, no worries.
  • Options
    Brentford for u will be a tough game , Carlise have lost their top scorer if you believe their manager which I don't , to be fair Oldham ran you close and should've had a pen before you scored ,

I see nothing from either side in Sheffield to worry me , united score goals but let them in ,

I said previously I thanku for both teams keeping us on our toes as if you didn't like when we went all those points clear we wouldn't be as focused as required to keep going till the end

Your biggest and best chance is to claw back the gd on united but to do that you will leave yourself open

If it was a foul it was just outside the box, Oldham were decent, for a team on such a poor run and down near the bottom fair play to them but good sides win ugly, it was actually one of our poorest displays for quite a few games but we still came out 3-0 winners and that was on the back of winning Huddersfield away 2-0 too in a matter of days, I just wish I could extend the season to ten more games because my greatest fear is running out of them.
  • Options
    This thread smells of rotten pork. It's been infected. Not nice.
  • Options
    grow up lad, some of your own come on ours and can hold a decent conversation.
  • Options
    And some people just tell them to "fook off".

Can you guess which camp I'm in, dad?
  • Options
    we don't like him either
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    we don't like him either
    Speak for yourself 'buddy' but then again I try not to be negative or slag off our away numbers so he doesn't get on my case.
  • Options
    If Wednesday had sacked Megson a couple of weeks earlier, then they might be level or a point ahead of United by now...

Either way, it'll be great to watch for the neutral, especially as the top 2 clubs in the Championship are pulling clear now, so there's less excitement there now!
  • Options
    we don't like him either
    You love me really Mike, I know it. I'm like the (better looking, more confident) brother you never had.
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    killerandflash
    12:21AM
    If Wednesday had sacked Megson a couple of weeks earlier, then they might be level or a point ahead of United by now...

Either way, it'll be great to watch for the neutral, especially as the top 2 clubs in the Championship are pulling clear now, so there's less excitement there now!

But there only 6 points ahead!
  • Options
    killerandflash
    12:21AM

But there only 6 points ahead!
    I may be premature, but I don't expect the final game of the season to be the decider in the Championship, I reckon West Ham will be out of it by then, whereas the 2 Sheffield clubs will probably go into the final game of the season fighting for the last promotion place...
  • Options
    Why even Think about that , you worry too much feck utd and feck weds we have won 3 on the trot unless I am mistaken and are top with 4 games to go by 6 points now and 8 to 3rd positive not negative
    NLA, we get it mate.

You're fully confident we have the league completely sewn up, job done. You and your big balls have told us a thousand times. 100% over.

There are loads of us that are only 99% convinced that will happen. That our team looks knackered and just about getting through games with the max points. That fortunately recent wins could have been draws if lady luck was against us.

We know its unlikely we will give up the top spot, but with just a 6-point turnaround needed, its not fully impossible. And the main threat to it turning out emphatic victories to boast their goal difference is stopping us from fully letting go in celebration.

So keep your party, your vodka and your charlie to yourself for just that bit longer, and let us join the party when we see fit.

Muchos Gracias

AFKA

it's very rarely that I disagree with you but this is one of them.

Its funny how an advertising agency is a lot like a football club. It's a team effort, the result is never guaranteed. Especially in a pitch (competitive tender) people with a negative take on things could bring down the whole team, and could affect the quality of the work. I learnt to keep my doubts under control, and to talk everybody's good work up.

Most of us have our nagging doubts. Its part of being a fan. And the negative reality of the last five years has taken its toll. Nevertheless there are some people who just have a negative attitude in their lives, they bring it to football, and they bring it here. All NLA is doing is countering their glass half empty attitude.

And I for one am bloody glad he is doing it. It has a positive effect on me. Several times when enduring the radio commentary in recent weeks I felt like turning off for the last ten minutes. But then I heard a voice from North London...

"grow some, you little fecker" :-),

and i stayed with it to the end

And sure enough my team didnt let me down - because they have balls - and the feeling was all the more delicious.

• Options
    Why even Think about that , you worry too much feck utd and feck weds we have won 3 on the trot unless I am mistaken and are top with 4 games to go by 6 points now and 8 to 3rd positive not negative
    NLA, we get it mate.

You're fully confident we have the league completely sewn up, job done. You and your big balls have told us a thousand times. 100% over.

There are loads of us that are only 99% convinced that will happen. That our team looks knackered and just about getting through games with the max points. That fortunately recent wins could have been draws if lady luck was against us.

We know its unlikely we will give up the top spot, but with just a 6-point turnaround needed, its not fully impossible. And the main threat to it turning out emphatic victories to boast their goal difference is stopping us from fully letting go in celebration.

So keep your party, your vodka and your charlie to yourself for just that bit longer, and let us join the party when we see fit.

Muchos Gracias

AFKA

it's very rarely that I disagree with you but this is one of them.

Its funny how an advertising agency is a lot like a football club. It's a team effort, the result is never guaranteed. Especially in a pitch (competitive tender) people with a negative take on things could bring down the whole team, and could affect the quality of the work. I learnt to keep my doubts under control, and to talk everybody's good work up.

Most of us have our nagging doubts. Its part of being a fan. And the negative reality of the last five years has taken its toll. Nevertheless there are some people who just have a negative attitude in their lives, they bring it to football, and they bring it here. All NLA is doing is countering their glass half empty attitude.

And I for one am bloody glad he is doing it. It has a positive effect on me. Several times when enduring the radio commentary in recent weeks I felt like turning off for the last ten minutes. But then I heard a voice from North London...

"grow some, you little fecker" :-),

and i stayed with it to the end

And sure enough my team didnt let me down - because they have balls - and the feeling was all the more delicious.

Well spoken, Prague Addick!
  • Options
    @PragueAddick

Nothing wrong in disagreeing, its interesting reading others views and stances. You kind of answer my point in part, but also fail to see the key point i'm trying to make.

The greatest thing about any form of sport, which makes it so appealing to millions, is its uncertainty. Be it a Prem team getting knocked out a cup by a non-leaguer, a 3-0 lead becoming a 4-3 defeat, a boxer winning every round on points getting knocked out in the last few seconds, or a grand prix driver with a 40 second lead having an engine failure in the last lap.

The stats will tell you that those things don't happen very often, but that does not mean that they never happen. Its the possibility of it that makes the sports so appealing.

I have no issue whatsoever with the blind optimism of NLA, yourself, Rothko, Norfolk and others. Its endearing, and its much nicer to see positive stances.

However, there seems to be a huge misunderstanding by those in that camp of the difference between caution and negativity. I can't remember seeing in recent weeks a single post by someone saying 'we're not going to do it', and if there was then you are literally highlighting a needle in a haystack.

But those who hold the stance that it is not guaranteed yet seemed to be dumped into this camp, and branded as weak, negative non-believers. That is not just inaccurate, its annoying to be unfairly judged.

I am currently 95% certain we will be promoted, and 90% sure we will be champions. But we have (what appears to me) a very tough away game this Saturday that if it doesn't go to plan, will make things much tighter. Carlisle are unbeaten in 9, have not lost at home since Sept 10th, and have beaten Sheff U, Sheff W and Huddersfield at home this season. That (for the sake of the exagerators) is not me saying Carlisle are Barcelona and we are going to lose, i'm saying it is on paper going to be a very tough match which i would not bet the outcome on.

If we win on Saturday, then the picture becomes much, much clearer. But at this point in time i retain a small dose of caution and feel this Saturday needs to be treated as a cup final rather than a blind conclusion.

So yes, i do think its been a great season. Yes i've enjoyed it, and yes i'm sure will get promoted. I just desperately want us to win this league not get pipped at the last into second place, and i'm just not fully signing up to that yet because i feel there are still variables in play that could alter that. Even if the odds on those are very small. After Saturday they will hopefully be tiny, if non-existent.

Does that make me negative, or as others bitch elsewhere, a miserable spineless w***er ?

• Options
    Sheff Utd will come good
  • Options
    I'm firmly in the "It aint all over till the Fat Lady sings" camp.
    Been there, done it, seen it............. and more than once as an Addick of long standing.
    Confident we'll get automatic promotion....however the Champions crown is still up for grabs.
  • Options
    I hope operation pig has the guts to come on and discuss Wednesday when they fail to make automatic. He only arrives when they've done well lately.
  • Options
    If CP and the lads are taking it one game at a time then so should we, I am confident we are up but as SoundAsa£ says the champions crown is still up for grabs.

Read AFKA's summary above because Carlise will be no pushover, they want 6th spot as much as we want top spot.
  • Options
    @PragueAddick

Nothing wrong in disagreeing, its interesting reading others views and stances. You kind of answer my point in part, but also fail to see the key point i'm trying to make.

The greatest thing about any form of sport, which makes it so appealing to millions, is its uncertainty. Be it a Prem team getting knocked out a cup by a non-leaguer, a 3-0 lead becoming a 4-3 defeat, a boxer winning every round on points getting knocked out in the last few seconds, or a grand prix driver with a 40 second lead having an engine failure in the last lap.

The stats will tell you that those things don't happen very often, but that does not mean that they never happen. Its the possibility of it that makes the sports so appealing.

I have no issue whatsoever with the blind optimism of NLA, yourself, Rothko, Norfolk and others. Its endearing, and its much nicer to see positive stances.

However, there seems to be a huge misunderstanding by those in that camp of the difference between caution and negativity. I can't remember seeing in recent weeks a single post by someone saying 'we're not going to do it', and if there was then you are literally highlighting a needle in a haystack.

But those who hold the stance that it is not guaranteed yet seemed to be dumped into this camp, and branded as weak, negative non-believers. That is not just inaccurate, its annoying to be unfairly judged.

I am currently 95% certain we will be promoted, and 90% sure we will be champions. But we have (what appears to me) a very tough away game this Saturday that if it doesn't go to plan, will make things much tighter. Carlisle are unbeaten in 9, have not lost at home since Sept 10th, and have beaten Sheff U, Sheff W and Huddersfield at home this season. That (for the sake of the exagerators) is not me saying Carlisle are Barcelona and we are going to lose, i'm saying it is on paper going to be a very tough match which i would not bet the outcome on.

If we win on Saturday, then the picture becomes much, much clearer. But at this point in time i retain a small dose of caution and feel this Saturday needs to be treated as a cup final rather than a blind conclusion.

So yes, i do think its been a great season. Yes i've enjoyed it, and yes i'm sure will get promoted. I just desperately want us to win this league not get pipped at the last into second place, and i'm just not fully signing up to that yet because i feel there are still variables in play that could alter that. Even if the odds on those are very small. After Saturday they will hopefully be tiny, if non-existent.

Does that make me negative, or as others bitch elsewhere, a miserable spineless w***er ?

This is my stance exactly and one that got me roundly thrashed for on here last night.